Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parental Discretion Advised

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 31, 2017, 11:41:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on April 04, 2017, 11:07:23 am
man this guy is lookin alot like LeBron did in HS.

Not even close.

Hawg Red

Zion Williamson isn't even the consensus #1 player in his high school class. LeBron James could have played in the NBA at 16 years old. He's obviously a very good player, but most of the attention he's getting is for his dunking ability. LeBron was getting attention for his passing ability, vision and unreal feel for the game. Not. Even. Close.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2017, 10:59:53 am
I never said Mike didn't recruit Monk.
Internet shuck and jive.  "That's not what I said".  It is most certainly what you implied.  And what any reasonable person would read from  your comments.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 01, 2017, 06:22:35 pm
When you're referring to high school kids these days, being settled when it comes to oral commitment has no lasting meaning. 
I don't want Mike Anderson to become a snake oil salesman on the level of John Calipari, but I'd like to see him (and his staff) seal the deal on more higher rated recruits. 

..edit.. In all fairness, the next incoming class may show the kind of depth and quality the program needs to move upward.  It does seem this is likely to be Mike Anderson's best recruiting class during his tenure at Arkansas.  We shall see...
You mean start paying some of the higher level recruits? Let's all not be naïve and pretend that's not happening because it is. You can bet your bottom dollar Monk got a payday advance from Kentucky before quietly moving on to the NBA. Both Monks did for that matter. Hell, all 3 monks.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ShadowHawg

It's kind of scary to think there are humans his size that are as athletic and explosive as he is.

Not LeBron, but still a freak of nature.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2017, 07:37:05 am
A Arkansas version of Phi Slamma Jamma.

They didn't win a title........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi