Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs at Colorado St in 2018

Started by ricepig, March 08, 2017, 02:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback7281

Interesting. Surprised we have to go on the road to play an intramural baseball team.  Guess it won't hurt the RPI as much going on the road. ;)
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

ricepig

Oops, wrong forum, please delete, lol.

bulldog04

Odd time to be playing baseball.  I like the idea though 😀

hobhog

RockyMtnHog

I will be there for my first live Razorback game in over 40 years.

Game is in Fort Collins so it is just up I-25 from Colorado Springs.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HighcountryHog

Super excited about this game.  I have a lot of CO friends that have become honorary Hog fans.  Fort Collins is a great college town, and reminds me of Fayetteville when I was growing up as a kid.  Tailgating is wide open, and encouraged.  Not quite to the level of Boulder tailgating, but that's probably a good thing. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

longpig

I can smell the tailgating lot now.  ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

HogimusMaximus

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 10:44:12 am
For those fortunate enough to make that road trip, you'll have the hardest time leaving to come home. 

Especially if they spend time at some of the micro-breweries.

It may not be the best method to maximize profits but I like the Hogs going on the road in OOC games so they will know what its like when the conference starts.  I have no doubt that we get home cooking from the refs against these rent a wins we play, every home team I know of does.  It also allows the players to see country they might not otherwise get to see.  It does take them away from classes but most don't care.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on March 12, 2017, 01:45:37 am
Will Bret still be the coach?

Yes, no doubt.  He's here for the remainder of his coaching career.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Surfing8 on March 08, 2017, 05:01:25 pm
Still applies.

CSU recruits well and has a new staduim...this will be a tough game. The student body's new seating configuration is directly behind the visiting teams bench running the full length of the field. Plus, they are lead by a former SEC coach.

The Rams could hang tough for a early September road game in 5000ft elevation.

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2017, 11:59:46 am
CSU recruits well and has a new staduim...this will be a tough game. The student body's new seating configuration is directly behind the visiting teams bench running the full length of the field. Plus, they are lead by a former SEC coach.

The Rams could hang tough for a early September road game in 5000ft elevation.

We're used to the elevation(1400ft), it isn't like we're coming from Baton Rouge(56ft).  8)

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 12:16:48 pm
1400' is not the same ballgame as it is at 5000'. 

...feel the burn!

Been skiing for 40 years, I could always walk through the Denver airport without any problems, now the top of Ajax......

longpig

For those fortunate enough to make that road trip, you'll have the hardest time leaving to come home.

Not the ones who drive.  Kansas is a horrible landscape and Eastern Colorado makes Kansas look like Shangri la. 

longpig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 12:35:41 pm
Well I would hope the Razorback football team doesn't spend all their time in Colorado walking.... :(
The early season oxygen depleted humid 95 +degree Fayetteville air will help a little.  That being said the team should practice in Leadville the week before.

longpig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 02:20:12 pm
True enough, but the mountains more than make up for it.

Absolutely!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 12:11:27 pm
How are things in Colorado these days, Tusksincolorado?

It's good...weather is extremely weird though. Mid-March and NO snow! Temps in the 60's, fire danger is extreme with high winds...we are a tinderbox right now. Thank goodness we have an incredible snowpack in the mountains...we will need the water this Summer! If you are speaking on the Rec/Med issue well it's not the "shock" it was a few years ago. Seeing pot shops now is like seeing liquor stores, they're everywhere. The one good thing is instead of no taxes from "back alley" purchases, the State is collecting, I believe, 65 to 75 million a year to go to the General Budget, some pre-determined programs, and some refunds back to the citizenry.
Other than that, it's Colorado. Love hearing the Hawgs will be in Ft. Collins come 2018. Should be a wonderful time! That time of the year Fall is here, the temps will be football weather, and the Elk and Mulies will be in rut. Everyone coming out should go to Estes Park (Stanley Hotel/Stephen King) and up to RMNP. The Elk "herding" is incredible to witness!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2017, 12:19:25 pm
Been skiing for 40 years, I could always walk through the Denver airport without any problems, now the top of Ajax......

Hey, DIA has built a Westin at the end of the Terminal for you in case you get winded Rice.... ;)

tusksincolorado

Quote from: longpig on March 12, 2017, 02:15:24 pm
Not the ones who drive.  Kansas is a horrible landscape and Eastern Colorado makes Kansas look like Shangri la. 

Now now....The wind mills should keep you entertained!  ;)

It is cool though when you drive from Russell to Salina at night and see all the synchronized lights on top of the wind mills.

If you decide to go the Wich to Hutch to 70 route, just make sure you stop at Yoder Meats, in Yoder Kansas for a sandwich.

MuskogeeHogFan

March 12, 2017, 06:47:49 pm #24 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:00:00 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2017, 06:43:15 pm
Now now....The wind mills should keep you entertained!  ;)

It is cool though when you drive from Russell to Salina at night and see all the synchronized lights on top of the wind mills.

If you decide to go the Wich to Hutch to 70 route, just make sure you stop at Yoder Meats, in Yoder Kansas for a sandwich.

I think we have one of those in Coweta, OK as well. Pretty certain we have one their places at Mazie, OK between Choteau and Wagoner, OK on Hwy 69. They'll slaughter a full cow, a side of beef or half a side for you for a reasonable price and deliver. I've heard that they do a great job on a side of corn-fed beef.

As for Colorado State...good and respectable G-3 match up, actually should be one of the next members of the Big 12 but I am pretty sure that Bob Bowlsby doesn't possess that foresight.
Go Hogs Go!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 12, 2017, 06:47:49 pm
I think we have one of those in Coweta, OK as well. Pretty certain we have one their places at Mazie, OK between Choteau and Wagoner, OK on Hwy 69. They'll slaughter a full cow, a side of beef or half a side for you for a reasonable price and deliver. I've heard that they do a great job on a side of corn-fed beef.

As for Colorado State...good and respectable G-3 match up, actually should be one of the next members of the Big 12 but I am pretty sure that Bob Bowlsby doesn't possess that foresight.

Yeah...I always stopped so I could grab some pre-packaged "Yoder jerky" for the road back. But definitely not as good as Coursey's  ;D ! Yes, CSU is a good school but not for the BIG 12, the fan base is not that rabid. I think the new stadium will only hold 36K seating, 9K standing. 10K of the 36K seating is allocated for CSU students.

Needless to say, CSU does have some coin....this modest little stadium upgrade is costing 220 mill. But they are really proud of the fact that most of the materials used for construction will come from a 500 mile radius of Ft Collins. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2017, 07:18:36 pm
Yeah...I always stopped so I could grab some pre-packaged "Yoder jerky" for the road back. But definitely not as good as Coursey's  ;D ! Yes, CSU is a good school but not for the BIG 12, the fan base is not that rabid. I think the new stadium will only hold 36K seating, 9K standing. 10K of the 36K seating is allocated for CSU students.

Needless to say, CSU does have some coin....this modest little stadium upgrade is costing 220 mill. But they are really proud of the fact that most of the materials used for construction will come from a 500 mile radius of Ft Collins. 

I thought they were going in the range of 40K capacity in the new stadium, similar to TCU, but with a much bigger enrollment. I'll disagree, I think they would be a solid Big 12 add-in and replacing former Big 12 member Colorado in terms of regional relevance.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2017, 06:33:28 pm
Hey, DIA has built a Westin at the end of the Terminal for you in case you get winded Rice.... ;)

I just ride one of those golf carts, saving it for the mountain.....

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2017, 06:31:04 pm
It's good...weather is extremely weird though. Mid-March and NO snow! Temps in the 60's, fire danger is extreme with high winds...we are a tinderbox right now. Thank goodness we have an incredible snowpack in the mountains...we will need the water this Summer! If you are speaking on the Rec/Med issue well it's not the "shock" it was a few years ago. Seeing pot shops now is like seeing liquor stores, they're everywhere. The one good thing is instead of no taxes from "back alley" purchases, the State is collecting, I believe, 65 to 75 million a year to go to the General Budget, some pre-determined programs, and some refunds back to the citizenry.
Other than that, it's Colorado. Love hearing the Hawgs will be in Ft. Collins come 2018. Should be a wonderful time! That time of the year Fall is here, the temps will be football weather, and the Elk and Mulies will be in rut. Everyone coming out should go to Estes Park (Stanley Hotel/Stephen King) and up to RMNP. The Elk "herding" is incredible to witness!

My brother and his wife live in OKC, but have a farm in Buffalo, Ok that was her Dad's, second consecutive year that they lost their pastures and fences to wild fires. It's their weekend getaway place, I'm not sure if they lost the house, I haven't talked to him this week.

I'm thinking of making a trip, I had planned on going to Ann Arbor, so I might as well make it to Ft Collins.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 12, 2017, 07:31:42 pm
I thought they were going in the range of 40K capacity in the new stadium, similar to TCU, but with a much bigger enrollment. I'll disagree, I think they would be a solid Big 12 add-in and replacing former Big 12 member Colorado in terms of regional relevance.

I think I read it is somewhere between 40 to 45 thousand, but 9K is standing room only...

Its the dedicated 10K for the students and where those seats are located that is cool to me.

But typical for CO...they will have a New Belgium Beer Garden for those who just walk around and drink beer instead of watching the game.

As far as the BIG 12....CU Boulder is only 50K, but has a more vibrant fan base with a better football history. But that is omho.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2017, 07:57:03 pm
I just ride one of those golf carts, saving it for the mountain.....

Hey you can ride all the way from the plane to Breck, on a train now...if you want!  8)

HighcountryHog

I live here.  Well, not in Fort Collins, but in Colorado.  Will cruise down from the mountains the morning of the game.  I do have a couple Fayetteville friends that might be venturing out though.  If the Broncos play at home that week, it's going to be one fun weekend in the front range. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HighcountryHog on March 12, 2017, 08:47:33 pm
I live here.  Well, not in Fort Collins, but in Colorado.  Will cruise down from the mountains the morning of the game.  I do have a couple Fayetteville friends that might be venturing out though.  If the Broncos play at home that week, it's going to be one fun weekend in the front range. 

That is one of the first things I thought of as well. Went to a Bronco's game in the old Mile High Stadium. Had a great time. Elway was still the QB then. I'm going and staying at my Brother in Laws house in Evergreen.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: HighcountryHog on March 12, 2017, 08:47:33 pm

Isn't their current stadium a bit of a drive from the campus?

Inhogswetrust

March 13, 2017, 08:08:48 am #34 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:02:43 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 07:51:45 am
Isn't their current stadium a bit of a drive from the campus?

Currently it's off campus. However they are building a brand new stadium and it will be on campus and ready. You could have either read other postings about it or simply googled it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 08:08:48 am
You could have either read other postings about it or simply googled it.

Doubtful, probably could have put up a gif, though.....

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 08:08:48 am
currently it's off campus. However they are building a brand new stadium and it will be on campus and ready. You could have either read other postings about it or simply googled it.

I could of, but I chose to ask you. 

peace brah... ;D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 08:12:16 am
Doubtful, probably could have put up a gif, though.....

Haha! Card64 comes on here and dogs the coaches and program quite often and then wants fans to do his research for him.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 10:00:05 am
Haha! Card64 comes on here and dogs the coaches and program quite often and then wants fans to do his research for him.

I don't want or need anyone to research anything.  ...and I'm not "dogging" anyone.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 10:06:34 am
I don't want or need anyone to research anything.  ...and I'm not "dogging" anyone.

You're not dogging anyone or the program in this thread but you do it a LOT.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 10:10:54 am
You're not dogging anyone or the program in this thread but you do it a LOT.

OK.    ???

1highhog

Quote from: longpig on March 12, 2017, 02:15:24 pm

True dat, the many times I've been out West and been to Colorado, I've timed my trips so I've driven all of Kansas at dark except for my very first time and that was all I needed to see of Kansas.

tusksincolorado

Cinco de Hogo

March 13, 2017, 04:09:11 pm #43 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:21:04 pm by Cinco de Hogo
Johnson's Corner, biggest baddest cinnamon rolls in da world!!!  On I-25 between Denver and a Fort Collins.

Stay the heck out of Denver, cruise up to Estes Park browse the shops and restaurants, get donuts at Donut Haus, cruise up to Moraine Park and watch the Elk then cruise on up to the Alpine Vistors Center and get you some chili, something special about eating chili there. 😉

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2017, 12:11:33 pm
We're used to the elevation(1400ft), it isn't like we're coming from Baton Rouge(56ft).  8)

HUGE difference in air from 1,400 to 5,000 than from 56 to 1,400.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 04:13:59 pm
HUGE difference in air from 1,400 to 5,000 than from 56 to 1,400.

Good Lord, you people take every thing you read literally, lol.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 04:22:44 pm
Good Lord, you people take every thing you read literally, lol.

Not me but some people could have read that and thought you were dead serious. Thus my reply.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2017, 06:59:43 pm
Not me but some people could have read that and thought you were dead serious. Thus my reply.
I'm not concerned what people think, I'm posting on a message board, lol.

14erHog

I'll be making the trip heading east on 1-70! 
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

14erHog

The Maroon Bells, Snowmass Peak, La Plata, Pyramid and Castle Peak. A little further away is Mount Massive and Elbert.
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan