Power of Hogville time....

Started by duckman, March 07, 2017, 10:32:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

theFlyingHog

theFlyingHog

That Garrett guy is going up five for every one of my votes for Smith

litmachog

Just voted.  Falling significantly behind though. 

LCAPTP

razCzar

Well, here is a sampling of this poll in the past hour or so:

10:55 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  44.56%  (7,112 votes)
10:57 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  45.86%  (7,523 votes)
11:11 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  47.7%  (8,156 votes)
12:12 PM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  48.88%  (8,722 votes)

They're clearly using a macro program to generate votes automatically.  I've seen this before.  It's not surprising that an elite BB program like KU would use such contingencies.

https://www.wholewhale.com/tips/how-to-win-or-cheat-any-online-voting-contest/

Computer Macros

A macro is a program that you can setup on a computer that goes through a series of clicks and keyboard strokes on a timed interval. If a voting system doesn't require a captcha or other human test, a macro can be created to go through a voting cycle unabated. Combine these tools with a [CENSORED] and cookies disabled on a computer can break most non-email verification process. Some tools:

Macro Express – downloadable software that will let you turn your computer into a bot that is timed to click and enter information as needed.
    AutoHotkey – downloadable software that will let you click the heck out of buttons or load pages.

I believe some computer savvy UA students/alums could do the same thing for our program.  While I don't advocate cheating, sometimes you have to respond to what the competition is doing especially in our technology age.

PorkSoda

voted but we are still down by about 2K votes

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Birminghog

Just got home. We're down nearly 3K. Need a bigger machine to make it happen.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: razCzar on March 09, 2017, 11:30:03 am
Well, here is a sampling of this poll in the past hour or so:

10:55 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  44.56%  (7,112 votes)
10:57 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  45.86%  (7,523 votes)
11:11 AM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  47.7%  (8,156 votes)
12:12 PM 3/9/2017 Marcus Garrett  48.88%  (8,722 votes)

They're clearly using a macro program to generate votes automatically.  I've seen this before.  It's not surprising that an elite BB program like KU would use such contingencies.

https://www.wholewhale.com/tips/how-to-win-or-cheat-any-online-voting-contest/

Computer Macros

A macro is a program that you can setup on a computer that goes through a series of clicks and keyboard strokes on a timed interval. If a voting system doesn’t require a captcha or other human test, a macro can be created to go through a voting cycle unabated. Combine these tools with a [CENSORED] and cookies disabled on a computer can break most non-email verification process. Some tools:

Macro Express – downloadable software that will let you turn your computer into a bot that is timed to click and enter information as needed.
    AutoHotkey – downloadable software that will let you click the heck out of buttons or load pages.

I believe some computer savvy UA students/alums could do the same thing for our program.  While I don't advocate cheating, sometimes you have to respond to what the competition is doing especially in our technology age.

That's what we used to do in 1998. We are technologically far more advanced than they. Trying to remember how to do that now is like trying to remember how to flint knap an arrowhead.

razCzar

Three and Snout

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on March 09, 2017, 06:25:20 pm
That's what we used to do in 1998. We are technologically far more advanced than they. Trying to remember how to do that now is like trying to remember how to flint knap an arrowhead.

Sooooo...what I'm hearing is you're about to win this thing for us, right?

twistitup

Quote from: Three and Snout on March 09, 2017, 09:31:16 pm
Sooooo...what I'm hearing is you're about to win this thing for us, right?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

riccoar

Probably nearly impossible to macro it.  Every time you return, the nominees are listed in a different order.  Unless it's set on specific algorithm, that you have pegged, you can't set a macro to auto vote.

Cmheinley

So here's what i found:

1) 25 Votes Per Browser session (If you switch between browsers you can continuously vote)
2) You can cast anywhere between 75-125 votes before an IP gets banned or put on cool down

I managed to get ab 500 votes in before i used up all my VPN IPs. Has anyone figured out what the cool down time is or does it ban if you vote until it won't take your votes anymore?

By the way, i managed to pull us from down 3,000 votes to only down 2,500

The_Bionic_Pig

Now behind 2244 votes...their are over 20K members on this board..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LRRandy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 10, 2017, 12:38:18 pm
Now behind 2244 votes...their are over 20K members on this board..
how many of those names are bant? There are only 100 or so members looking at this particular board at any given time these days.
This is fun, isn't it.

Cmheinley

Well, i think i'm developing carpal tunnel now, but we've managed to close the gap to under 2,000!

Marcus Garrett  48.62%  (11,319 votes)
Zhaire Smith  40.09%  (9,333 votes)

Not sure when the poll closes, but we made some progress. I'll work it some more when i get back. WPS!

Birminghog

Quote from: Cmheinley on March 10, 2017, 04:50:33 pm
Well, i think i'm developing carpal tunnel now, but we've managed to close the gap to under 2,000!

Marcus Garrett  48.62%  (11,319 votes)
Zhaire Smith  40.09%  (9,333 votes)

Not sure when the poll closes, but we made some progress. I'll work it some more when i get back. WPS!

As Cmheinley said, it's closed to within 2,000, & it was over 3,000 this morning. I'm watching the Hog baseball game on Watch ESPN and continually voting. How about joining me?

3 step process: 1. Click next to Zhaire's name. 2. Click "Vote". 3. Click "Return To Poll"
Quick & Easy. Let's help a brother out. I have at least 2.5 more innings to vote. The game is tied 2-2, so it might be more.

Birminghog

We're nearly within 1,500 now, but the site has maxed me out regardless of what tricks I use to refresh - closing the window & reopening, whatever. Of course, I probably voted 500 or so times, so I guess I shouldn't gripe. Regardless, Zhaire needs you guys to come out of the bullpen. I'll try again during the B-ball game v OM.

Cmheinley

We've closed the gap from down 3,000 votes to only 1,100 now. All 5 of my IPS are on a voting cool down at the moment, but I'll get back to it in about an hour when I can vote again.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Birminghog

Less than 1K now. I know from looking at the votes that at least one other person is voting right now. If others join in, we can make up the gap and go ahead today.  :razorback:

razCzar

Quote from: Birminghog on March 11, 2017, 01:03:36 pm
Less than 1K now. I know from looking at the votes that at least one other person is voting right now. If others join in, we can make up the gap and go ahead today.  :razorback:
That be me.  I am able to vote in spurts.  Refresh seems to help at times.  I've voted a couple hundred times the past hour.

I'll hang with you as often as I can.

PS - at least three of us are now voting / let's get 'em.

Birminghog

raCzar is on it. We need a few more.

Watch your vote count. If you see that the number doesn't go up, try to refresh the page and try again. If that doesn't work, delete the page and come back to the link provided at the beginning of this thread by the OP.

We're up over 11K now and down less than 700. The other guys's people vote from time to time, so we're having to hustle to make up ground. We've made up more than 200 votes in the past 30 minutes. Many hands make light work.  :razorback:

Cmheinley

We've been doing a hell of a job. We're closing in on only 500 down

Marcus Garrett  46.03%  (11,670 votes)
Zhaire Smith  43.46%  (11,017 votes)

Yesterday, when i started voting. we were down 3,000. Hogville is amazing! WPS!

razCzar

Now this is fun.  Just keep refreshing and/or reloading the page.  Another hour ought to bring us even.

Birminghog

Quote from: razCzar on March 11, 2017, 01:33:47 pm
Now this is fun.  Just keep refreshing and/or reloading the page.  Another hour ought to bring us even.

I'm going to do this during the b-ball game if I can. Couldn't yesterday. Too much angst. Make it easy on us today, guys.

If we can work during the game, we can not only pull even, but push Zhaire way ahead. Come on, guys, don't let a future Jayhawk beat out a future Hog!  :razorback:

Birminghog

We're under 300 now, but I have to go for a little while. Somebody step up, fill in the gap, and keep this thing going. Next man up time.

razCzar

I'll be with you - and hopefully some others - during the game...

GO get 'em HOGS!

Birminghog

We're up! Keep pouring it on guys!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

FANONTHEHILL

Currently up by just under 100.  Keep it going.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

razCzar

Zhaire Smith     45.29%  (11,886 votes)
Marcus Garrett  44.55%  (11,692 votes)

Nice going, guys.  Let's keep this Hog Train going!

razCzar

Up by 500.. woohoo!!

Hogs up on Commies by 4 at the half!

duckman

Voting and watching the game....  Cant believe y'all made up that gap, wow....  Pour it on!

razCzar

Up by 1250!

HOGS WIN - and back in the CG for second time in 3 years.

duckman

Birminghog

Only up 1,400 now. Let's do it like the Vandy game and not let them come back.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HamSammich

simple perl script... with a database of proxies... I use to do it years ago on hogville. If someone said something I didn't like I would script a down karma program and vote over and over and over and over and ........

Doyle Hograves

You should have your connections to Gruden to get him to wear a red tie and post this on social media.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Birminghog

Up over 2,500 now. The power of Hogville.

theFlyingHog

duckman

Thanks to everyone who is voting, I do know Zhaire is paying attention and I truly hope he ends up here.  I have known his dad Billy since grade school and you will not find a better guy.  He has gone through a lot over the last few years and seeing his son do so well this year has been awesome.  When Arkansas began recruiting him recently I was ecstatic.  To give you an idea of what kind of man his father is watch this video...

razCzar

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 12, 2017, 12:22:30 am
Up

Zhaire lead is now above 50% of the total vote.

TIP:  When your repeated vote fails to advance Zhaire's total, just wait 5 minutes, then resume voting... no
refresh/reboot is necessary.

Being a good bit ahead right now really means very little, when Garratt's voters enter the picture again.  They have been able to chalk up big numbers before.  So, continue the effort, guys.  Saying that makes me feel like CoachZ when Hogs are up by 15 with a couple minutes to go.. lol.

hawgXi

Quote from: duckman on March 07, 2017, 10:32:10 pm
My good friend's son Zhaire Smith has been offered by the Hogs.  He had an  in home yesterday with CMA and CST and things are looking good.  I talked to his father last night and they were blown away with the visit last weekend.  Now for the power of Hogville:  Zhaire has been nominated for the best Dunker in the DFW area by the Dallas Morning News and he needs your vote!  He is currently in second but I am sure we can put him over the top.  Here is the link, go vote!!! 

(tip: If you hit return to poll you can vote repeatedly)

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/03/07/meet-best-dunkers-dallas-watch-rim-rattling-slams-tomahawks-windmills

sunday 3/12/17 8:50 am

smith - 15,199 (51.1%)
garrett - 11,845 (39.82%)
myers - 2,634 (8.86%)

GHG

razCzar

Zhaire Smith     52.23%  (16,000 votes)
Marcus Garrett  38.94%  (11,929 votes)

All right!

duckman

They just closed the poll, and Zhaire won it.  Great job guys!!!

razCzar

POLL CLOSED

Final:

Who is the best dunker in the Dallas area? 
Zhaire Smith       52.32%  (16,054 votes)
Marcus Garrett   38.88%  (11,930 votes)
Jordon Myers      8.59%   (2,637 votes)
Other:               0.21%   (65 votes)

Way to step up Hogville.

razCzar

THE WINNER - and hopefully our winner