Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Pillhead.......

Started by ricepig, March 07, 2017, 06:36:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 08, 2017, 08:30:21 am
Not much work to google a list of schools and figure out who they're playing in 2018. But, yes, subsequent posts suggest it will be a non-P5 opponent, which, evidently, you already know.

EFBAB

It would be hard work for Pillhead, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 08, 2017, 08:35:22 am
Now, if it is a non P5 team considered to be "marquee," that is a fairly small list.  BYU? ND (doubt it seriously)?  Houston? Navy? Boise? Would you consider Houston, Navy or Boise marquee? CBB says "marquee." What does he consider marquee?

EFBAB

I think the "marquee" is for the one after 2018-2019, but who knows? Boise St has the weekend open in 2019, but is scheduled for UConn at home on our date in 2018. There may something up with that being switched, or not. It's obvious that it involves several teams swapping, being bought out, etc....

Amityvillehogger

I'm guessing Oklahoma or Oklahoma Lite.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hogcard1964

hogsanity

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 08, 2017, 10:57:35 am
It'll be Texas.

heck they already owe us a return game from 2008.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2017, 11:04:45 am
heck they already owe us a return game from 2008.

Set 'em up for 3.

At Fayetteville
At Jerryworld
...and then back in Fayetteville.

rljjr

I'm thinking the all-stars from La Tech, La Monroe and La Lafayette.

But I'd be ok with Ok State, Michigan State (they're not afraid of us like Michigan), FSU, Clemson, ND, Texas, Penn State, etc.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 08, 2017, 11:07:50 am
Set 'em up for 3.

At Fayetteville
At Jerryworld
...and then back in Fayetteville.

I'd rather never play them again in the regular season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood870

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 07, 2017, 11:43:12 pm
Not a good time to go after them.  They wil be dominate the next two seasons.
Sad

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 09:58:43 am
I think the "marquee" is for the one after 2018-2019, but who knows? Boise St has the weekend open in 2019, but is scheduled for UConn at home on our date in 2018. There may something up with that being switched, or not. It's obvious that it involves several teams swapping, being bought out, etc....

The tweet you posted to start this thread says "marquee home and home matchup for 2018 and 2019."  Just going on that.

EFBAB

ricepig

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 08, 2017, 02:12:58 pm
The tweet you posted to start this thread says "marquee home and home matchup for 2018 and 2019."  Just going on that.

EFBAB

Yep, it was, seems like Tom was either wrong, or a little ahead of himself.

The OTR

ricepig

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 02:39:18 pm
Colorado State!

They're already on the 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 08, 2017, 03:04:08 pm
They're already on the 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule.

Look again, nn

Hollywood870

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 08, 2017, 03:19:29 pm
Yes, and Colorado St. isn't exactly "marquee".

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/arkansas-razorbacks.php

And Bielema didn't say marquee, Tom Murphy did. And we don't play them in 2020, either.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 03:23:09 pm
And Bielema didn't say marquee, Tom Murphy did. And we don't play them in 2020, either.

I take it we're mysteriously also opening this series up on the road, correct?

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 08, 2017, 03:17:48 pm
Aaaand it's Colorado State. I've got a 96 Grand Am for $6000 most of you will be interested in.

Yeah, Tom should have quoted him correctly, which he did in his article in the ADG. Those tweets, you can't take them back after you push "send", lol.

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 03:23:09 pm
He said "Per Bielema" didn't he? Other outlets have been reporting it as a premier matchup as well. It appears we have a Baghdad Bob situation on our hands. But hey, just go 10-3 next year and everyone shuts up. Now if it's another 7-5 and you people are still here defending the guy....

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 08, 2017, 03:27:34 pm
He said "Per Bielema" didn't he? Other outlets have been reporting it as a premier matchup as well. It appears we have a Baghdad Bob situation on our hands. But hey, just go 10-3 next year and everyone shuts up. Now if it's another 7-5 and you people are still here defending the guy....

Go buy an ADG and read his article, or read Clay Henry's article from the same event. They both say it's a G5, and that in setting this up, we are almost 100% done with a major opponent for a future home and home. I'm sure you wouldn't believe what you read anyway.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 02:39:18 pm
Colorado State!

Not exactly what I'd call a "Marquee" match up. I bet Murphy is taking some grief from colleagues over that post. :) Eh well, good OOC match-up that should be winnable and at least it isn't sandwiched between SEC games in November 2019 when there might be snow on the ground in Fort Collins.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 08, 2017, 03:49:23 pm
Not exactly what I'd call a "Marquee" match up. I bet Murphy is taking some grief from colleagues over that post. :) Eh well, good OOC match-up that should be winnable and at least it isn't sandwiched between SEC games in November 2019 when there might be snow on the ground in Fort Collins.

Yeah, I read Clay Henry's article from right after the Tulsa Club meeting and he said it was non P5, nothing about a "marquee" matchup. Bielema did say they about have a deal for our next marquee home and home.

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 08, 2017, 03:49:23 pm

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/839593731040899074

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 02:36:14 pm
Yep, it was, seems like Tom was either wrong, or a little ahead of himself.

So, I gather we'll soon get announcement for 2020 and 2021 that will show a more impressive P5 opponent. 

EFBAB

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 08, 2017, 03:17:48 pm
Aaaand it's Colorado State. I've got a 96 Grand Am for $6000 most of you will be interested in.
Does the Grand Am have a motor or even run ??? :) Might want to shop it on Amazon.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 08, 2017, 04:10:57 pm
Does the Grand Am have a motor or even run ??? :) Might want to shop it on Amazon.
Does it even matter if it runs? Just take my word for it.

Vantage 8 dude

March 08, 2017, 04:41:18 pm #78 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:56:07 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 08, 2017, 04:21:16 pm
Does it even matter if it runs? Just take my word for it.
Tell you what: I'll throw in that famous Brooklyn Bridge and fifty acres of prime swamp land in the middle of NYC if you think it would help ya' sell it. Just take my word for it.

Cinco de Hogo

CSU on the road is gonna be a lot tougher than most of you think.  It will be a good win, better than a Michigan loss.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 08, 2017, 04:46:40 pm
CSU on the road is gonna be a lot tougher than most of you think.  It will be a good win, better than a Michigan loss.

+1000

I wasn't looking forward to losing to Michigan twice.

hobhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 08, 2017, 07:36:15 pm
+1000

I wasn't looking forward to losing to Michigan twice.

Good grief.....

PORKULATOR

Counting your losses to Michigan, who we aren't playing, is the weakest of weak sauce. Your bad fans.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

gchamblee

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 08, 2017, 08:31:53 pm
Counting your losses to Michigan, who we aren't playing, is the weakest of weak sauce. Your bad fans.

its just hogtard. he just wants you to hold his hair while he pukes.

Letsroll1200

Need as many wins as you can get. Hopefully it doesn't end up being like the Rutgers and Toledo games.

jkstock04

This sucks, but it's tough to whine much about it when it was Michigan who backed out in the 1st place. They probably had a tough time finding a replacement game.

Would've been nice to get a school from an actual power 5 conference though. Oh well.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Do we get out of the 1.3 million payout that we were going to give Colorado State for coming here?

The payouts are usually given for not playing a return game.  We should get out of that check (or at least decrease the payout) seeing that we now play at their place.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

Quote from: factchecker on March 08, 2017, 09:39:22 pm
Do we get out of the 1.3 million payout that we were going to give Colorado State for coming here?

The payouts are usually given for not playing a return game.  We should get out of that check (or at least decrease the payout) seeing that we now play at their place.

I'm sure... but really $1.3 MM is a drop in the bucket for the Ath Dept. and we prob had to provide $ to CSU anyways that they had to pay their original opponent that they dropped (haven't confirmed they even had one, just assumed they had to "Michigan" someone else to get the home game with us.) I'm sure it ends up a wash.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Coondog Hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 08, 2017, 09:23:15 pm
This sucks, but it's tough to whine much about it when it was Michigan who backed out in the 1st place. They probably had a tough time finding a replacement game.

Would've been nice to get a school from an actual power 5 conference though. Oh well.

Cosign
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

clew

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 08, 2017, 04:00:56 am
don't they get picked to dominant the PAC 12 every year and underachieve? I haven't been paying much attention to them but I can't remember them being a serious contender since Pete Caroll left

+1 if I could. Excellent subtle grammar jab!!!
Pure as the dawn

ricepig

That info was redacted in a FOI response. Officials from Arkansas and CSU agreed to make payments to the visiting team each year of the contract.

hogcard1964

After thinking about it, this is actually a very solid matchup for us.  It's obviously way too early to predict but I could see us splitting this series.  Colorado St. has a very good program now.

Hogs-n-Roses

Looks good for Hogs n fans alike. If your griping bout this then your just lookin to gripe bout something.

younghog

NO payouts in HOME & HOME series..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

code red

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 08, 2017, 04:46:40 pm
CSU is upgrading their stadium...to a capacity of 41K lol
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRRandy

Quote from: code red on March 09, 2017, 11:57:30 am
self awareness can be a great thing. If they feel that they can't continually fill a larger stadium build a nice new one with fewer seats that will give a better game exoerience than a stadium with several thousand empty seats.
This is fun, isn't it.

ricepig

Quote from: younghog on March 09, 2017, 10:51:47 am
NO payouts in HOME & HOME series..

GO HOGS

Oh, there are payouts, we got $300,000 from TCU last year, and will do likewise to them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not exactly equal, considering all the circumstances.

LZH

McElwain certainly had a big impact. That's almost what his team is averaging up in The Swamp.

HamSammich

Outsiders use to look at barnhills capacity and laugh too....

Funny how age adds perspective

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 08, 2017, 09:05:10 am
Is their field still an east-west field?  I remember back in the '70s that gave us some sun problems when we played a time or two at their place.

Still East/West as previously posted. Interesting facilities note: In the facilities upgrade of the football stadium, and adjacent Gallagher Iba, they located luxury boxes between the complexes such that they have a view of the football field on one side, and the basketball arena on the other.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"