Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Pillhead.......

Started by ricepig, March 07, 2017, 06:36:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

So who's going to scoop this story on Hogville?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

gchamblee

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 07, 2017, 06:43:24 pm

Im calling it. Texas A&M. Sure we will play them twice a year, but we will at least get a home game out of it.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Based on the hints Ricepig gave, I am guessing Oklahoma State.

EFBAB

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

greenie

Miami. Not likely, but I'd love a shot at those knuckleheads.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The OTR

TeufelHog

I'm still pissed about the Rutgers losses . . . get those punks back on the schedule so the Hogs can even the score.

The OTR

Tony Perkis

The OTR

MuskogeeHogFan

Could be Ohio State, USC, Miami-FL or Florida State on 9/8/18.
Go Hogs Go!

verticalhog

I think Tom Murphy just misspelled it.  He meant to say Marquette!  The Golden Avalanches will be fielding a football team for the first time in 57 years!  Another advantage will be that Coach B will get to beat a team from Wisconsin and all of us fans will get to make a trip to Milwaukee.  If you've ever been there I KNOW you're excited about this!

The OTR

ricepig

WBOBO

I'd like another rematch with Wisconsin.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

ricepig

Not everyone got the same vibe as Tom did on "marquee".

WBOBO

Uh oh.   Sounds like the marquee match has turned out to be a CZ.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Birminghog

Hawgar The Horrible

Pecker Head is more appropriate.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Ironhawg

Arkansas State!

(Sorry.  I just couldn't resist.)

RagingHawgOn

kodiakisland

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2017, 06:36:37 pm
https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/839271238635769856

so...What's the point of this announcement?  If they have someone, tell us.  If they are just working on something, but nothing is set, tell us when there is something to tell.  This is an announcement that there is currently nothing to announce.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ZERO

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 07, 2017, 06:54:02 pm
I'm still pissed about the Rutgers losses . . . get those punks back on the schedule so the Hogs can even the score.

Damn you for even mentioning this. I want a home-and-home with Rutgers each year until we beat them 20 times. I really hate the embarrassing losses you don't get a chance to redeem.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

FANONTHEHILL

They probably have an agreement, but the other school is about to do the same thing to someone that Michigan did to Arkansas and they want a day or two to work out any contractual details that may not be clear.  There's a good chance Arkansas is involved in that contract buyout for new opponent using the money Michigan paid for the buyout from walking out on Arkansas.  Lots of details to iron out. Either way, it's all about marketing the program and getting people talking about Arkansas. It's got us talking about it, so it's working.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hollywood870

Lets have another go at USC. What do ya say guys?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 07, 2017, 11:23:22 pm

Not a good time to go after them.  They wil be dominate the next two seasons. 

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 07, 2017, 11:43:12 pm
don't they get picked to dominant the PAC 12 every year and underachieve? I haven't been paying much attention to them but I can't remember them being a serious contender since Pete Caroll left
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

LRRandy

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 07, 2017, 10:55:07 pm
They probably have an agreement, but the other school is about to do the same thing to someone that Michigan did to Arkansas and they want a day or two to work out any contractual details that may not be clear.  There's a good chance Arkansas is involved in that contract buyout for new opponent using the money Michigan paid for the buyout from walking out on Arkansas.  Lots of details to iron out. Either way, it's all about marketing the program and getting people talking about Arkansas. It's got us talking about it, so it's working.
yes, that's it. Kansas has to weasel out of its home and home with emporia state.
This is fun, isn't it.

BDSCT51

Nebraska.

Or Arkansas State...................................... At WMS
Bleeding Razorback Red

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 07, 2017, 06:46:50 pm

EFBAB

Fear the mullet.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

EFBAB

You misconstrued my attempt to keep Pillhead busy, and not posting, sorry for your work. It appears we'll be using our exemption for 2018-2019.

ocsm158

ricepig

HamSammich

onebadrubi

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 08, 2017, 04:00:56 am
don't they get picked to dominant the PAC 12 every year and underachieve? I haven't been paying much attention to them but I can't remember them being a serious contender since Pete Caroll left

No, not the past few years with sanctions and coaching issues. But they have probably one of the top 2-3 QB's in football right now along with a lot of studs around him.  They started to click halfway through the year last year.

Piggfoot

IOWA,  Penn State,  or ND
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 07, 2017, 11:23:22 pm

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 07, 2017, 11:43:12 pm

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 07, 2017, 07:04:30 pm
Could be Ohio State, USC, Miami-FL or Florida State on 9/8/18.

I'd be happy, if not tentative, about playing any of these 4 teams on a home and home basis and they all currently have an opening on the 8th of September in 2018, just like us. I think any of those would certainly qualify as a "marquee" opponent. I'm sure there are others that don't have a game on the 8th but those are the first 4 that I found.
Go Hogs Go!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 07:48:49 am
You misconstrued my attempt to keep Pillhead busy, and not posting, sorry for your work. It appears we'll be using our exemption for 2018-2019.

Not much work to google a list of schools and figure out who they're playing in 2018. But, yes, subsequent posts suggest it will be a non-P5 opponent, which, evidently, you already know.

EFBAB

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Now, if it is a non P5 team considered to be "marquee," that is a fairly small list.  BYU? ND (doubt it seriously)?  Houston? Navy? Boise? Would you consider Houston, Navy or Boise marquee? CBB says "marquee." What does he consider marquee?

EFBAB

The OTR

Pigsknuckles

EFBAB

Hope this is it. Have missed the past OSU scheduling. They now have some great facilities, and rabid fan support. Would be a great a home and home. Easy travel for me (being in Tulsa). Stillwater not exactly a premier tourist draw though.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 08, 2017, 09:00:35 am
Hope this is it. Have missed the past OSU scheduling. They now have some great facilities, and rabid fan support. Would be a great a home and home. Easy travel for me (being in Tulsa). Stillwater not exactly a premier tourist draw though.

Is their field still an east-west field?  I remember back in the '70s that gave us some sun problems when we played a time or two at their place.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 08, 2017, 09:05:10 am
Is their field still an east-west field?  I remember back in the '70s that gave us some sun problems when we played a time or two at their place.

Yes it is.
Go Hogs Go!

HogFansReunited

I really hope it is Notre Dame.  That is one stadium I have always wanted to see a game at.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

axedawg

I'm going to go with OU...makes sense across every angle of evaluation!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 08, 2017, 09:00:35 am

I don't think it is. Ricepig has since posted things that make me think we'll have a non-P5 opponent. I am assuming he's in the know. I certainly am not.

EFBAB

Mr. Porkleone

For sure a NON Power 5 team

I'm going with Houston