Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players up for grabs during "other" March Madness

Started by SportsLife, March 15, 2017, 10:48:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hogwood

You should throw De'Ron Davis from IU (Clint McDaniel's nephew) into this pot.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hogwood on March 16, 2017, 11:11:53 pm

Good point. Problem is, I wrote the story before Crean was fired. I remember when DDavis had the Hogs on his list, then narrowed it down and the Hogs didn't make the cut, then he expanded/changed it again late in the process and put the Hogs back on it. Thought that was odd at the time.

Dominicanhog

thoughts Clint's nephew was the one that went to Marquette.... we didn't offer?

Hawg Red

King Kong

He is not Clints nephew

hogwood

Quote from: King Kong on March 17, 2017, 08:17:26 am
He is not Clints nephew

Hmm. I'm pretty sure he is... He is at least related. That is why we were able to get our foot in the door with him in the first place. McDaniel was definitely mentioned a lot.

hogwood

Quote from: hogwood on March 17, 2017, 08:48:09 am
Hmm. I'm pretty sure he is... He is at least related. That is why we were able to get our foot in the door with him in the first place. McDaniel was definitely mentioned a lot.

I just looked for it online... Can't find it. Wow I'm pretty attentive to things and I'm pretty sure I read many times that Davis was relation to McDaniel. HogDay do you know? Sorry if I'm totally spacing out. I am aware of Tory Miller, but also thought Davis was another nephew. Think I saw it on WholeHog per RD.

Razorod

There is/was a connection. Was it through Conley? I remember him coming to the August camps when he was in his. Thought we had a decent shot at him, maybe it'll happen this way.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Razorod on March 17, 2017, 09:17:11 am
There is/was a connection. Was it through Conley? I remember him coming to the August camps when he was in his. Thought we had a decent shot at him, maybe it'll happen this way.
Conecrion is thru the Hawks program and Big Mike Conley.

East TN HAWG

I thought Miler was the player related to McDaniels as well. 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: hogwood on March 17, 2017, 09:14:20 am
I just looked for it online... Can't find it. Wow I'm pretty attentive to things and I'm pretty sure I read many times that Davis was relation to McDaniel. HogDay do you know? Sorry if I'm totally spacing out. I am aware of Tory Miller, but also thought Davis was another nephew. Think I saw it on WholeHog per RD.
He played for the Colorado version of the Arkansas Hawks. The guy that runs it is friends with Mike Conley and Davis camped at Arkansas like 3 or 4 years in a row.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Bionic_Pig

Assuming no-one transfers out I'd be giddy with finishing out 2017 Class with Smith & 2018 with Brown.

If a transfer were to occur then Juwan Morgan & De'Ron Davis would be ideal targets.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ShadowHawg

King Kong

Quote from: hogwood on March 17, 2017, 08:48:09 am

As others have mentioned Tory Miller was Clints nephew and Arkansas's connection to De'ron Davis is from Mike Conley and the Hawks AAU program

RealHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2017, 03:35:00 pm
McGriff at OSU?

I'd wonder this. It's hard to get a guy to transfer and take that year off for guy getting PT like McGriff. Would love him though and he was a heavy target.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 15, 2017, 11:25:42 pm
Smith dude, no question about it

I love Smith but he does not help us in the paint unless he has changed his body and his demeanor.  I watched him play many games in high school and he is not real physical.