Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson is out......

Started by ricepig, March 05, 2017, 02:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildturkey8

He really didn't get a chance.  Thought he did a good job coaching Mizzou considering the dumpster fire he inherited. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 06, 2017, 06:33:46 pm
Not with the right coach.

LOL

MA is responsible for two of the top teams in the history of Mizzou, literally.

Mizzou needs to hire someone they can commit to long range. It isn't an easy job to win big at. That's why their best tourney finish has been the Elite Eight.

If they give a good coach time, they could be a solid program. They are still paying for hiring Haith though.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 07, 2017, 01:22:51 pm
LOL

MA is responsible for two of the top teams in the history of Mizzou, literally.

Mizzou needs to hire someone they can commit to long range. It isn't an easy job to win big at. That's why their best tourney finish has been the Elite Eight.

If they give a good coach time, they could be a solid program. They are still paying for hiring Haith though.

Two of the top teams for Mike there? Nope. At best a tossup. You forgot about Norm Stewart. He also WAS there longterm. At Mizzou he had a .65 win percentage. Mike had a .66. Almost identical. However Norm had a much better conference win percentage at .60 to .54 respectively. Norm made three sweet 16's and also made an elite 8. If you ask people at Mizzou they would much rather have a Norm than Mike. Norm is a legend at Mizzou.  Mike was simply employed as coach. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 07, 2017, 04:48:58 pm
Two of the top teams for Mike there? Nope. At best a tossup. You forgot about Norm Stewart. He also WAS there longterm. At Mizzou he had a .65 win percentage. Mike had a .66. Almost identical. However Norm had a much better conference win percentage at .60 to .54 respectively. Norm made three sweet 16's and also made an elite 8. If you ask people at Mizzou they would much rather have a Norm than Mike. Norm is a legend at Mizzou.  Mike was simply employed as coach.

I didn't forget jack. I know who Norm Stewart, Sundvold, Steve Stipanovich, Doug Smith, Kelly Thames, etc are.

MA holds the highest single season win total at Missouri. Did you leave that out or just not know it? That team also went as deep as any team in the history of Missouri basketball in the NCAA tournament. So there is one.

He was also responsible for recruiting Haith's best team which Haith wasted come tourney time.

Come correct, or don't come at all.

Atlhogfan1

He did recruit Haith's first team but not sure how much credit to give given the collapse that happened that last season with the same players. 

Mizzou could be a good job again especially by SEC standards. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 07, 2017, 05:39:34 pm
He did recruit Haith's first team but not sure how much credit to give given the collapse that happened that last season with the same players. 

Mizzou could be a good job again especially by SEC standards.

He had a hand in it. Also, most teams get better with age. I just give him credit for the talent available. Heath only had one of his guys in the rotation and he was a bit player as I remember.f

I agree about Mizzou. They are a basketball first school most of the time.

hog.goblin

Quote from: geauxhawgs on March 07, 2017, 08:30:48 am
fair enough...so you can honestly say this is a game Hog Nation gets riled up for historically and currently more than a handful of times when we're both decent or there's a major upset? I'm talking year in year out, game in game out like they did with Kansas (a true rivalry)? If that answer to is a "yes" to you, hey thats fine man, we just live in a different world thats all.

LSU Bleauxs!  ::hornsdown:: Screw Ole Miss!
Woo Pig Y'all ! :razorback:

Absolutely not, which is why I never even hinted at it, yet you had to duck and dodge again to try and change the narrative from this nonsense:

Quote from: geauxhawgs on March 05, 2017, 04:59:49 pm
let alone a school we have almost zero history with and literally never thought or talked about, until they entered the south eastern conference a few years ago.

In the 90s it was KY, Memphis St, and Missouri, in that order.  Missouri was up there again for about two years under Haith, but that's about it over the last 20 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 07, 2017, 04:53:10 pm
I didn't forget jack. I know who Norm Stewart, Sundvold, Steve Stipanovich, Doug Smith, Kelly Thames, etc are.

MA holds the highest single season win total at Missouri. Did you leave that out or just not know it? That team also went as deep as any team in the history of Missouri basketball in the NCAA tournament. So there is one.

He was also responsible for recruiting Haith's best team which Haith wasted come tourney time.

Come correct, or don't come at all.

I am correct. A debate for which is the best team can always be made regardless of the top total wins for a season. What IF a Mizzou team had won the NC but had a few more losses than that team of Mike's you mention? Comparing individual teams is not valid since they don't play the exact same teams the whole year with the exact same players for either team.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 07, 2017, 05:45:16 pm
He had a hand in it. Also, most teams get better with age. I just give him credit for the talent available. Heath only had one of his guys in the rotation and he was a bit player as I remember.f

I agree about Mizzou. They are a basketball first school most of the time.

No they aren't. There are not that many basketball "first" schools from P5 conferences. About half of those are in one conference, the ACC.

HognitiveDissonance

I believe Missouri still holds the title of 'most NCAA Appearances without a Final 4'.

mizzouman

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 08, 2017, 10:56:54 pm
I believe Missouri still holds the title of 'most NCAA Appearances without a Final 4'.
This I would believe.  Have really only come close 3 times despite having great regular season. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 08, 2017, 10:56:54 pm

Tennessee's gotta be up there too.  It's funny; you read Tennessee bloggers and fan boards, and you'd think they are right up there with Kentucky in terms of SEC basketball tradition.  They refer to their rich basketball history and believe their program is no worse than second in the conference.

I love delusion.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.