Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its a Ride or Die season

Started by twistitup, March 01, 2017, 11:51:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Get on board and get behind this team - I have a feeling this could be the year.... CBB came to win it, now lets roll.

You are either in or out-

Im In
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogShat

Always in!! :razorback: :razorback:

Danimal

I guess stranger things have happened -- count me in!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HoggusMaximus

If in "win it" you mean the Conference or maybe only lose 1 or 2 games, as much as I would like that, it isn't going to happen.  But I do believe we will have our best season so far of the 5 seasons BB will have coached here.  And I do not believe we will have our best staff, top to bottom.  I think BB has learned a bit since coming to the SEC and I also believe he will work much harder than in any past season as he knows this is a season on him to produce.  Anything 6-6 or better and he likely gets an extension and raise, but should he go 9+ in the Regular season, he can easily write his own contract, looking at a mil a year increase, another 5 or 6 years and a 20 mil buyout

Bacon_Bitz

navyhog24

azhog10

I am excited to see the 3-4 alignment. Ready to see us put some pressure on the QB for a change.

daBoar

I'm in; just not a believer in the HC.

lumphog

Quote from: twistitup on March 01, 2017, 11:51:13 am
Get on board and get behind this team - I have a feeling this could be the year.... CBB came to win it, now lets roll.

Im In
I'm with ya Twist.....It's years like this that the Hogs come outa nowhere and CLOWN!!!!!  I got the feelin too

lumphog

Danimal

Mike_e

This is one wagon I'm never failing off of.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HogimusMaximus

We will be lucky to win 6 next year.  Need a new coach.

Mike_e

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on March 02, 2017, 01:18:18 am

Nah, may need a new fan or two though.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Al Boarland

It's that time of year for optimism. We will have 7/8 opportunities to celebrate the blood, sweat and tears these players have given to play the game they love.

Potosihog

I do believe we will be better, primarily on the Oline.  That should help the QB and RBs a considerable amount.   I am excited about the 3-4 potential as well.  However, if people think we are going to open the season looking like a Bama 3-4 they are more optimistic than me.  Totally new defensive schemes take time to develop.  You don't generally see a team switch schemes and immediately play well doing so.  We have 3 new coaches on the Defense.  I hope it is drastic improvement but I'll reserve my 9 or 10 win prediction until I see evidence of being good on both sides of the ball.

Not saying it CAN'T happen but when is the last time we had a strong team on both O and D?

LZH

When I read twist's OP the first thing that came to mind was the scene in Animal House where Bluto made his little speech to fire everyone up then ran out of the room...alone. Remains to be seen if the second part of that scene happens.

nchogg

I'm always optimistic at the beginning of the season. When I see how our offense and defense play TCU and T A&M I will have a better feel for the team. I will back them no matter how the season goes. I just want to be able to brag some.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

The feeling I have for the upcoming season is one of quiet confidence and anticipation.  I have another stronger feeling, but that's just my morning coffee kickin' in.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

twistitup

Revenge is like the sweetest joy...

hobhog

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on March 02, 2017, 01:18:18 am

Certainly need a new avatar.....

Hogtimes

Quote from: 12247 on March 01, 2017, 02:53:18 pm
If in "win it" you mean the Conference or maybe only lose 1 or 2 games, as much as I would like that, it isn't going to happen.  But I do believe we will have our best season so far of the 5 seasons BB will have coached here.  And I do not believe we will have our best staff, top to bottom.  I think BB has learned a bit since coming to the SEC and I also believe he will work much harder than in any past season as he knows this is a season on him to produce.  Anything 6-6 or better and he likely gets an extension and raise, but should he go 9+ in the Regular season, he can easily write his own contract, looking at a mil a year increase, another 5 or 6 years and a 20 mil buyout

I was with you until you said, 6-6 or better gets him an extension  and raise, but should he go 9+ he can write his own contract, a million a year increase and a 20 mil  buyout.   Havn't we learned anything the last 5 years?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogtimes on March 02, 2017, 03:09:30 pm
I was with you until you said, 6-6 or better gets him an extension  and raise, but should he go 9+ he can write his own contract, a million a year increase and a 20 mil  buyout.   Havn't we learned anything the last 5 years?

Your mistake was reading his dog and pony posts, he's just anti-Bret, and posts troll posts to see who will bite. Every once and awhile, he'll actually have a good post, but it gets lost in all his b.s.

Buff

Where are we riding to, and why does someone have to die to get there?

twistitup

Quote from: Buff on March 02, 2017, 03:59:50 pm
Where are we riding to, and why does someone have to die to get there?

Too many questions...

lumphog

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on March 01, 2017, 11:51:13 am

Im In

I'm out.

Don't get me wrong, I am all in on this team and fully support the players and coaching staff.

However, I am out on the idea that this is a ride or die season. I am out on the idea that CBB has to roll and win the SEC this specific season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 02, 2017, 05:59:34 pm
I'm out.

Don't get me wrong, I am all in on this team and fully support the players and coaching staff.

However, I am out on the idea that this is a ride or die season. I am out on the idea that CBB has to roll and win the SEC this specific season.

We cant always look further down the road- sometimes it's just time to get it done.

2017 is our year

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

NuttinItUp

In...and out....and in....and out....and in...and out.

Ok, I am done. Now what were we talking about?

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on March 03, 2017, 12:36:57 pm
We cant always look further down the road- sometimes it's just time to get it done.

2017 is our year

Not every team is going to win the SEC every year. If that's your standard, you'd prefer to have Nutt over Petrino because Nutt won the west multiple times.

We were a 9 win physical talent team last year but didn't have the mental toughness and leadership last season.

This season, we have even more talent and now we have an experienced team unlike the green team we played last year. If the season goes as expected as far as talent level of opponents and injuries etc..., then I expect us to win 9, maybe 10 games. If 7-8 wins is the equilibrium level for this coaching staff, then we need to start looking for a new coach. To date, there is little to no evidence that is the case. We've improved as a team each and every year.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 03, 2017, 01:06:02 pm
In...and out....and in....and out....and in...and out.

Ok, I am done. Now what were we talking about?

Quit playing that squeezebox. Daddy needs to sleep at night.

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: LZH on March 02, 2017, 05:46:51 am
When I read twist's OP the first thing that came to mind was the scene in Animal House where Bluto made his little speech to fire everyone up then ran out of the room...alone. Remains to be seen if the second part of that scene happens.

Ricepig is just pissed off that I am well over 90 percent correct in my posts and he doesn't won't it to be that way.  I don't want it to be that way either Rice, but at least I don't keep fooling myself with Sunshine and dreams.

You are absolutely correct, Benny.  We were a player talent 9 win team last year in and really Down year for the SEC, but with our mental toughness and piss poor coaching, we were lucky to win 7.  Ain't that correct, Rice?

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 02:25:14 pm
Ricepig is just pissed off that I am well over 90 percent correct in my posts and he doesn't won't it to be that way.  I don't want it to be that way either Rice, but at least I don't keep fooling myself with Sunshine and dreams.

Links on proof of this correctness?

daBoar

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 02:30:39 pm
You are absolutely correct, Benny.  We were a player talent 9 win team last year in and really Down year for the SEC, but with our mental toughness and piss poor coaching, we were lucky to win 7.  Ain't that correct, Rice?
I hope I'm wrong, but my view is CBB succumbed to the peter-principle; he was lucky to have his predecessor at Wisconsin adorn the table for him during a time that OSU and Michigan were down.  He looked great for three years, but his Rose Bowl record spoke volumes.  He's a nice guy, a good guy, but it doesn't appear that he's a premier coach for the SEC.  The last two losses were just terrible, terrible. Unfortunately, we continue to be average as grits.

longtimeHogfan

It's year five....time to fish or cut bait.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

LZH

bennyl08

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on March 03, 2017, 05:02:06 pm
It's year five....time to fish or cut bait.

Assuming a normal circumstance season, I fully expect us to still have a chance at the SECW come November. However, if we go 11-1 but that one loss is to Bama and thus we don't even play in the SEC championship, then no, it would be absolutely stupid to fire him. That is what is wrong with threads and posts like these. Make or Break. Ride or die. Fish or cut bait.

Sure, I'd bet most posters would quickly be changing their tune and forget they ever made such posts if we went 11-1 but didn't win the SEC. However, that's the problem with such posts. Difference between 9-3 and 11-1 is very small and as far as bowl games go, neither is likely to get you to the playoff so still basically equivalent and 9-3 is what we should expect to have this year.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

twistitup

gchamblee

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 02:25:14 pm

lol

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 06:48:17 pm
Hater....

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't 'hate' anyone.  Especially not CBB.  But if we're going to make a move in the SEC year 5 ought to be the year. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.