Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UGA defeats Auburn 79-78

Started by jbcarol, March 01, 2017, 06:53:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

March 01, 2017, 06:53:23 am Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:53:53 pm by jbcarol
Georgia's seniors prepare for final game at Stegeman Coliseum:

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/836743387550265344

QuoteWhen Frazier signed his National Letter of Intent with Georgia four years ago, head coach Mark Fox received pieces of hate mail about this decision. Frazier was small at 5-foot-10 and a lightly recruited player out of Faith Baptist Christian in Glennville. Not many programs were on him, which, for whatever reason, drew the ire of some fans.

Fox recalled the letters being along the lines of, "Why are you signing this guy?" Fox said those kind of letters go "right in the garbage anyway."

What Frazier has done in the four years since has been nothing short of phenomenal.

It all began during Frazier's junior season of high school, however. Fox attended a game between Frazier's Faith Baptist Christian squad and Covenant Christian. As Fox recalled, Covenant Christian was the bigger and more experienced group of the two schools and built a big lead.

That's when Frazier took over.

"I think he had 26 or 28 in the second half and brought them back from down 14 or 12, I think, to win," Fox said. "I knew that night I was going to offer him."

That high school game sure set the stage for some of Frazier's most memorable moments in a Georgia uniform...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/837114808952586240

QuoteAthens

Georgia survived yet again.

But as the Bulldogs put together a late-season bid for an at-large berth into the NCAA Tournament, what matters most are wins. And once again, in dramatic fashion, the Bulldogs came away with another against a pesky Auburn squad 79-78.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol