Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Officiating - Incompetent or Corrupt?

Started by XavierZane, February 28, 2017, 11:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Quote from: KennyForAD on March 13, 2017, 06:51:47 pm
That's an interesting stat.  I wonder what the spreads were in those games ...

Does make you wonder.  Strange that when we had it to 9 Shows overrules two other guys on the 5 second call, then has an orgasm when he call Dusty for the foul.  Makes sure UK gets some Free Throws.  Spread was what 7 1/2?  Made sure it got covered didnt he

azhog10

Quote from: jfred59 on March 13, 2017, 08:11:51 pm
Does make you wonder.  Strange that when we had it to 9 Shows overrules two other guys on the 5 second call, then has an orgasm when he call Dusty for the foul.  Makes sure UK gets some Free Throws.  Spread was what 7 1/2?  Made sure it got covered didnt he
Go back and watch. Doug calls a five second count. It was the other guy who over ruled him, Anthony Jordan.

KennyForAD

Quote from: azhog10 on March 13, 2017, 08:16:04 pm
Go back and watch. Doug calls a five second count. It was the other guy who over ruled him, Anthony Jordan.

So, he has an accomplice.  The question is ... Was it a violation, or not?  If it was, then I smell a rat.

azhog10

Quote from: KennyForAD on March 13, 2017, 09:05:34 pm
So, he has an accomplice.  The question is ... Was it a violation, or not?  If it was, then I smell a rat.
I think the five seconds came first. It's definitely one of those that we think and should have gotten, but if the role is reversed we would all be saying we got the timeout. BUT, Shows raised his hand and blew the whistle first. Jordan comes in after and says oh wait, he signaled timeout. So Shows gives in and gives UK the TO. I'm a homer so of course I think that we should have gotten the ball and not UK.

XavierZane

Northwestern got absolutely jobbed just when they were on the verge of completing an epic comeback and when they had all the momentum.  At 63-58, after being down by as many as 22, Gonzaga goaltended a shot.  It should have been 63-60, with Northwestern pulling within three.  It was a blatant, obvious goaltend.  The Gonzaga player stuck his hand through the rim and the net to do it. 

Instead the refs don't call it.  Within a few seconds, the refs give the Northwestern coach a technical for pointing out their mistake.  Four point swing and possession for Gonzaga, with about three minutes or less left.  To top it off, on the next possession for Gonzaga they ignore a basket interference/offensive goaltending violation that was just as obvious as the defensive goaltending they ignored before. 

Six point swing, and the momentum taken away.  Children crying in the stands, literally.  Ballgame.  Zags Protected.

hogsanity

Quote from: XavierZane on March 18, 2017, 07:55:50 pm
Northwestern got absolutely jobbed just when they were on the verge of completing an epic comeback and when they had all the momentum.  At 63-58, after being down by as many as 22, Gonzaga goaltended a shot.  It should have been 63-60, with Northwestern pulling within three.  It was a blatant, obvious goaltend.  The Gonzaga player stuck his hand through the rim and the net to do it. 

Instead the refs don't call it.  Within a few seconds, the refs give the Northwestern coach a technical for pointing out their mistake.  Four point swing and possession for Gonzaga, with about three minutes or less left.  To top it off, on the next possession for Gonzaga they ignore a basket interference/offensive goaltending violation that was just as obvious as the defensive goaltending they ignored before. 

Six point swing, and the momentum taken away.  Children crying in the stands, literally.  Ballgame.  Zags Protected.

So, the conspiracy is to protect the one seed Gonzaga, but not the one seed Nova? To not protect the 2 seed Louisville? Trying to connect the dots as to why only the Zags would be protected when all 3 were playing a Big10 team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

XavierZane

A lot of officiating ineptitude in the KY game and our game with NC. Missed goal tends. That move that was simultaneously a charge, a push-off, and a travel, none of which were called.  Calling a shot clock violation when there wasn't.  The obscene differential in fouls and free-throws. Most of the tournament games I've watched this year has had at least one mistake from them that has directly impacted the game.   

jbcarol

"They are persons just like you... They have feelings too..."

J.D. Collins, the national coordinator of officials, said he and his counterparts on the conference level, want to remind fans to have more empathy for referees

Quote"We are looking at opportunities to proactively communicate the humanity of officials," Collins said on a NCAA teleconference Friday. "Tell positive stories about them. We believe we need to communicate in a way that lets people know these are real people with real lives and real families.

"And there are obviously certain lines that should not be crossed, and we will be addressing that going forward."

A number of Kentucky fans threatened Higgins' life after he worked the Elite Eight game UK lost to North Carolina. Fans also flooded the website of Higgins' roofing business with fictitious complaints.

Collins said he would not comment on how the game was called.

When asked if the death threats should serve as a cautionary tale for announcers who criticize officials, Collins said he had been trying to help networks better understand the rules since the UK-UNC game.

The half-hour teleconference covered a range of issues discussed this week by the NCAA Men's Basketball Rules Committee.

The committee recommended the coaching boxes be extended from 28 feet long to 38 feet, expanded use of reviews at sideline monitors and a request by the Southeastern Conference to have its office collaborate with referees during use of sideline monitors for reviews.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net