Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by Hogimus Prime on 13 Mar 2017
  • Corrupt.  Even Hogville's head official he'd be biased against teams that play 'rat ball'.

Time to replace human officials with robots. Robots that aren't biased old men that don't want an uptempo game or can be bought off.
  • #152 by MountieDawg on 13 Mar 2017
  • Just because you are one why do you keep defending those crooks?  Everyone knows Doug Shows hates Arkansas yet they send him to call our games.  He is about as bad as Cal.  We all know that most SEC officials shouldnt even be calling a church league game.

Since 2012 UK has 20 wins and 10 losses when Doug Shows refs.  In those years UK has a Natl Championship and a 38-1 season.  In those years UK's record is 152 -29 Doug Shows has been the referee in 10 of those 29 losses.  With him being the referee in over a third of UK's losses I would say that does not make him a UK homer. He has been the referee in 1/6th of their games and 35 percent of their losses.
  • #153 by KennyForAD on 13 Mar 2017
  • Since 2012 UK has 20 wins and 10 losses when Doug Shows refs.  In those years UK has a Natl Championship and a 38-1 season.  In those years UK's record is 152 -29 Doug Shows has been the referee in 10 of those 29 losses.  With him being the referee in over a third of UK's losses I would say that does not make him a UK homer. He has been the referee in 1/6th of their games and 35 percent of their losses.

That's an interesting stat.  I wonder what the spreads were in those games ...
  • #154 by jfred59 on 13 Mar 2017
  • That's an interesting stat.  I wonder what the spreads were in those games ...

Does make you wonder.  Strange that when we had it to 9 Shows overrules two other guys on the 5 second call, then has an orgasm when he call Dusty for the foul.  Makes sure UK gets some Free Throws.  Spread was what 7 1/2?  Made sure it got covered didnt he
  • #155 by azhog10 on 13 Mar 2017
  • Does make you wonder.  Strange that when we had it to 9 Shows overrules two other guys on the 5 second call, then has an orgasm when he call Dusty for the foul.  Makes sure UK gets some Free Throws.  Spread was what 7 1/2?  Made sure it got covered didnt he
    Go back and watch. Doug calls a five second count. It was the other guy who over ruled him, Anthony Jordan.
  • #156 by KennyForAD on 13 Mar 2017
  • Go back and watch. Doug calls a five second count. It was the other guy who over ruled him, Anthony Jordan.

So, he has an accomplice.  The question is ... Was it a violation, or not?  If it was, then I smell a rat.
  • #157 by azhog10 on 14 Mar 2017
  • So, he has an accomplice.  The question is ... Was it a violation, or not?  If it was, then I smell a rat.
    I think the five seconds came first. It's definitely one of those that we think and should have gotten, but if the role is reversed we would all be saying we got the timeout. BUT, Shows raised his hand and blew the whistle first. Jordan comes in after and says oh wait, he signaled timeout. So Shows gives in and gives UK the TO. I'm a homer so of course I think that we should have gotten the ball and not UK.
  • #158 by XavierZane on 18 Mar 2017
  • Northwestern got absolutely jobbed just when they were on the verge of completing an epic comeback and when they had all the momentum.  At 63-58, after being down by as many as 22, Gonzaga goaltended a shot.  It should have been 63-60, with Northwestern pulling within three.  It was a blatant, obvious goaltend.  The Gonzaga player stuck his hand through the rim and the net to do it. 

Instead the refs don't call it.  Within a few seconds, the refs give the Northwestern coach a technical for pointing out their mistake.  Four point swing and possession for Gonzaga, with about three minutes or less left.  To top it off, on the next possession for Gonzaga they ignore a basket interference/offensive goaltending violation that was just as obvious as the defensive goaltending they ignored before. 

Six point swing, and the momentum taken away.  Children crying in the stands, literally.  Ballgame.  Zags Protected.
  • #159 by hogsanity on 19 Mar 2017
  • Northwestern got absolutely jobbed just when they were on the verge of completing an epic comeback and when they had all the momentum.  At 63-58, after being down by as many as 22, Gonzaga goaltended a shot.  It should have been 63-60, with Northwestern pulling within three.  It was a blatant, obvious goaltend.  The Gonzaga player stuck his hand through the rim and the net to do it. 

Instead the refs don't call it.  Within a few seconds, the refs give the Northwestern coach a technical for pointing out their mistake.  Four point swing and possession for Gonzaga, with about three minutes or less left.  To top it off, on the next possession for Gonzaga they ignore a basket interference/offensive goaltending violation that was just as obvious as the defensive goaltending they ignored before. 

Six point swing, and the momentum taken away.  Children crying in the stands, literally.  Ballgame.  Zags Protected.

So, the conspiracy is to protect the one seed Gonzaga, but not the one seed Nova? To not protect the 2 seed Louisville? Trying to connect the dots as to why only the Zags would be protected when all 3 were playing a Big10 team.
  • #160 by XavierZane on 19 Mar 2017
  • A lot of officiating ineptitude in the KY game and our game with NC. Missed goal tends. That move that was simultaneously a charge, a push-off, and a travel, none of which were called.  Calling a shot clock violation when there wasn't.  The obscene differential in fouls and free-throws. Most of the tournament games I've watched this year has had at least one mistake from them that has directly impacted the game.   
Pages:
Actions