Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Expansion

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Stadium expansion is getting interesting. The pillars give it an ancient roman look. Reynolds Razorback Colosseum?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hawgndaaz

Those won't be visible when buildout is complete

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 28, 2017, 01:39:03 pm

You serious?  I'd say they're for support, but I'm not an architect by any stretch.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm
Stadium expansion is getting interesting. The pillars give it an ancient roman look. Reynolds Razorback Colosseum?

If the fans aren't rowdy and appreciative enough during a game, CBB needs to come out at halftime, shout "Are you not entertained?  ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??", throw his headset on the ground and spit.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TaylorHog

Concrete Piers for support.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2017, 01:40:57 pm
You serious?  I'd say they're for support, but I'm not an architect by any stretch.

We all know support colunms are sometimes if not most times covered up by ............... the building they support. Intersting though that a lot of "symbols" of schools are actually columns. The one's for Mizzou are a good example.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogzzGo

Love it. These live video feeds are great.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

outlawhogeywells

Now if they can just sell the boxes.  I think they have sold one.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 28, 2017, 02:18:07 pm

Don't worry.  ricepig has guaranteed all will be sold.  If they aren't, he's contractually obligated to cough up some of his millions and buy them.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

factchecker

You think wrong.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 02:26:10 pm
Don't worry.  ricepig has guaranteed all will be sold.  If they aren't, he's contractually obligated to cough up some of his millions and buy them.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 28, 2017, 02:00:36 pm
We all know support colunms are sometimes if not most times covered up by ............... the building they support. Intersting though that a lot of "symbols" of schools are actually columns. The one's for Mizzou are a good example.

There's a story about that:

http://missouri.edu/about/history/columns.php

"On Jan. 9, 1892, Academic Hall was destroyed by fire and the Columns were all that remained. In August 1893 the Board of Curators voted to remove the Columns, considering them not only unsafe but unsightly. However, supporters of the Columns rallied to their defense, and after inspection showed the foundations were safe, the Board voted to retain them in December 1893. Now the Columns stand as a beloved part of MU's campus."
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: factchecker on February 28, 2017, 02:31:23 pm

Hmmmm.  ricepig been pumping iron.  Or doubling down on his steroid regimen.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 02:32:49 pm
Hmmmm.  ricepig been pumping iron.  Or doubling down on his steroid regimen.

Dude, you're over 50, Nugenix.........

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: factchecker on February 28, 2017, 02:29:35 pm

You think wrong.
So they have sold more.  I am being told only one?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2017, 02:49:34 pm
Dude, you're over 50, Nugenix.........

Naw.  Just Metamucil for me.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on February 28, 2017, 04:14:06 pm
This thread really moves me.

Quickly heading for the shitter.....

1highhog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 01:55:02 pm
If the fans aren't rowdy and appreciative enough during a game, CBB needs to come out at halftime, shout "Are you not entertained?  ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??", throw his headset on the ground and spit.

If CBB and OLine Coach Kurt Anderson would put on some costume Roman armor and fight each other with sword and shield and last on their feet for more than 3 minutes during each game during halftime I'd make sure and come to every game and donate $200 to whatever charity they could think of.  I bet other fans would to.

And I'm not meaning a sharp sword trying to kill one another, just like a wooden sword like what they used in Gladiator.

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on February 28, 2017, 04:26:29 pm
If CBB and OLine Coach Kurt Anderson would put on some costume Roman armor and fight each other with sword and shield and last on their feet for more than 3 minutes during each game during halftime I'd make sure and come to every game and donate $200 to whatever charity they could think of.  I bet other fans would to.

The RF is a charitable deduction, and some seats with donations already eclipse that number, maybe just throw out some lions amongst the band?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2017, 04:29:08 pm
The RF is a charitable deduction, and some seats with donations already eclipse that number, maybe just throw out some lions amongst the band?

Too bad Ole Miss isn't coming to DWRRS this fall.  We coulda fed Coach Freeze to the lions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 28, 2017, 02:31:52 pm

"On Jan. 9, 1892, Academic Hall was destroyed by fire and the Columns were all that remained. In August 1893 the Board of Curators voted to remove the Columns, considering them not only unsafe but unsightly. However, supporters of the Columns rallied to their defense, and after inspection showed the foundations were safe, the Board voted to retain them in December 1893. Now the Columns stand as a beloved part of MU's campus."

Yep. When I went to Columbia, MO to work a hotel issue years ago I didn't know the reason they stood there. It didn't take long to find out. It's a good story. Some really nice people up there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 05:41:15 pm
Too bad Ole Miss isn't coming to DWRRS this fall.  We coulda fed Coach Freeze to the lions.

Since we both live in the Memphis area as you know he is getting feed to the lions here by anyone not an old misses fan.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 05:41:15 pm

He gonna be the coach still by that time ?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I REALLY hope that was supposed to be sarcastic
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hoggish1

LMAO!  Good one...

Hoggish1

LMAO!  Good one...
Quote from: FraggleHog on February 28, 2017, 02:31:52 pm

Wow, those curators sure were dumb—but they didn't prevail.  There's a lesson here.

Hawgndaaz

The_Iceman

Spoken to someone at the Razorback Foundation, and he said all suites are sold out. Working on the Loge Suites now.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 01, 2017, 10:28:04 am
Spoken to someone at the Razorback Foundation, and he said all suites are sold out. Working on the Loge Suites now.

Heard same. Suites/boxes will all get sold or darn close and are well on their way. It is the standard seating I'll be more curious to see how it fills up. Wins fill stadiums, so here's hoping we have a good season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 01, 2017, 10:39:10 am
Heard same. Suites/boxes will all get sold or darn close and are well on their way. It is the standard seating I'll be more curious to see how it fills up. Wins fill stadiums, so here's hoping we have a good season.

There is no standard seating in the end zone (bleachers). The closest thing will be the red premium chair back seats, which also sell out quick. People want their own seat and don't want bleachers where a 300lb blob can steal your steal.

Cinco de Hogo

Of course they will be sold, question is who will be in them. Will it be Razorback fans or will it be corporate partying?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 01, 2017, 01:29:46 pm
There is no standard seating in the end zone (bleachers). The closest thing will be the red premium chair back seats, which also sell out quick. People want their own seat and don't want bleachers where a 300lb blob can steal your steal.

I think he is referring to the rest of the stadium that isn't club level, but I'm not sure, lol.

DeltaBoy

It looking Good to me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 01, 2017, 01:32:14 pm
Of course they will be sold, question is who will be in them. Will it be Razorback fans or will it be corporate partying?

At that point, does it matter? If you are in the box, you don't contribute to the noise of the stadium or the view of the crowd on TV. All the box seats do is the give the university a way to make a lot of money while people pay a lot to accomplish nothing more than sitting at home but paying to tell their friends they were at the game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 01, 2017, 10:28:04 am

I'm almost certain those boxes were sold by handshake agreement before the expansion was ever approved.

Boog41

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 01, 2017, 02:14:32 pm
I'm almost certain those boxes were sold by handshake agreement before the expansion was ever approved.

Not even close to being correct.

Hawgndaaz

ricepig

Quote from: Boog41 on March 01, 2017, 02:20:11 pm
Not even close to being correct.

Correct, lol, maybe in their dreams......

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 01:55:02 pm

That would be more fire than what he has had in his last 2 games after halftime. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 01, 2017, 02:07:29 pm
At that point, does it matter? If you are in the box, you don't contribute to the noise of the stadium or the view of the crowd on TV. All the box seats do is the give the university a way to make a lot of money while people pay a lot to accomplish nothing more than sitting at home but paying to tell their friends they were at the game.

Yea something like that. Zero sum effect everywhere but the pocketbook.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 01:32:48 pm
I think he is referring to the rest of the stadium that isn't club level, but I'm not sure, lol.

Correct you got it.

HogimusMaximus

We can make concrete invisible?

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 01, 2017, 02:30:44 pm
oh sorry big shot

You are not IN THE KNOW, don't pretend to be.

LZH

First pic I have seen with the BAC being gone. Looks strange....been since what, 1974?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on March 02, 2017, 01:15:59 am
We can make concrete invisible?

Al Gore invented a way to do so................

Jackrabbit Hog

ricepig

I heard they were looking for Hoffa, thus all the excavation.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2017, 07:42:34 am
I heard they were looking for Hoffa, thus all the excavation.

My daughter saw Geraldo Rivera at the SmallMart buying chapstick.

Hawgndaaz