Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BYU & Tennessee just signed series. Why can't Razorbacks get big name opp

Started by Mr. Porkleone, February 23, 2017, 01:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2017, 08:19:52 am
There had to be some reason to get someone to go to school there.

The 4:1 ratio of females to males had a little something to do with it. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 08:11:13 am
You shoulda gone to UCA like I did.  We had free concerts every year and they weren't half bad.  Hall & Oates back when they were huge.  The Spinners doing their Rubber Band Man thing.  Sheena Easton in all her sexy glory. 

Sheena also was at Barnhill as well as the Commodores and Willie Nelson while I was in school there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Kig

Quote from: ricepig on February 23, 2017, 04:59:42 pm
Purdue is a big name, Northwestern is a big name, Wake Forest is a big name......

Surely you're being facetious. 

I do get the desire to schedule a big name, but let's get to a baseline of consistent play before getting run out of the gym by a big name.  Coach Khaki Pants canceling was a blessing in disguise.  Thank God TCU went back to suck before we got them.  Being embarrassed by a big name does NOTHING positive for our brand.

Tenner may have it right...schedule someone with some level of brand recognition and beat them. 
Poker Porker

ricepig

Quote from: The Kig on February 28, 2017, 10:36:29 am
Surely you're being facetious. 

I do get the desire to schedule a big name, but let's get to a baseline of consistent play before getting run out of the gym by a big name.  Coach Khaki Pants canceling was a blessing in disguise.  Thank God TCU went back to suck before we got them.  Being embarrassed by a big name does NOTHING positive for our brand.

Tenner may have it right...schedule someone with some level of brand recognition and beat them. 

bennyl08

You shoulda gone to UCA like I did.  We had free concerts every year and they weren't half bad.  Hall & Oates back when they were huge.  The Spinners doing their Rubber Band Man thing.  Sheena Easton in all her sexy glory.

The concerts at the UofA are free for students too. However, that money to get the Spinners to the university has to come from somewhere, and it isn't the president spending his or her own money.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 28, 2017, 01:03:51 pm
The concerts at the UofA are free for students too. However, that money to get the Spinners to the university has to come from somewhere, and it isn't the president spending his or her own money.

Oh, I'm fully aware we paid for it as part of our yearly student activity fee.  My point was more that the concerts at UCA weren't lame (as the poster to whom I was responding implied about the UA concerts).

We also had Jerry Reed, but that didn't really move the needle like the others.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 02:00:34 pm
Oh, I'm fully aware we paid for it as part of our yearly student activity fee.  My point was more that the concerts at UCA weren't lame (as the poster to whom I was responding implied about the UA concerts).

You loved it, admit it.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 02:00:34 pm

Gotcha.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 05:38:21 pm
Well....when your hot, your hot.

When your not your not..............

I bet he's pretty cold now being dead and all. That being said he was known as a really good guitar picker.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

gangstaback

UCA has excellent concerts still. Very nice school and better looking girls.

The Kig

Poker Porker

gangstaback

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 28, 2017, 06:06:28 am
ALL colleges have fees such as these, without all of the perks of the UofA, 1st world problems...

Yes, thanks for understanding, and plenty of perks but administration was not one of them.

As for the handful of other people jumping up and down to defend university fees (ASG and Razorback Transit ... really?), SMDH. How much have student tickets gone up in recent years? Go defend that.

factchecker

Quote from: gangstaback on February 28, 2017, 07:14:53 pm
How much have student tickets gone up in recent years? Go defend that.

OPTIONAL year long athletic pass for students are currently $85.  This gives you access to every game in football and basketball.  All other sports are FREE with a student ID.

Better than being FORCED to pay $285 (A SEMESTER) for sunbelt quality crap in jonesboro or $270 (A SEMESTER) for southland athletics on purple stripe field.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Yes, thanks for understanding, and plenty of perks but administration was not one of them.

As for the handful of other people jumping up and down to defend university fees (ASG and Razorback Transit ... really?), SMDH. How much have student tickets gone up in recent years? Go defend that.

$0, my kids have going up there over several years, the athletic pass has been $85 for awhile.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on February 28, 2017, 07:22:49 pm
OPTIONAL year long athletic pass for students are currently $85.  This gives you access to every game in football and basketball.  All other sports are FREE with a student ID.

Better than being FORCED to pay $285 (A SEMESTER) for sunbelt quality crap in jonesboro or $270 (A SEMESTER) for southland athletics on purple stripe field.

At $85.00 that sounds like a heck of a deal to me. 5-6 home football games, I don't even know how many home basketball games (14?) and they get in free to see a world class track program run and an SEC baseball team play not to mention all of the other sports events? I'm not going to look it up and do the math but just the with the 4 that I mentioned what does that come down to in terms of cost per game/meet? $2.00 per event or something crazy like that?
Go Hogs Go!

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 28, 2017, 07:45:57 pm
At $85.00 that sounds like a heck of a deal to me. 5-6 home football games, I don't even know how many home basketball games (14?) and they get in free to see a world class track program run and an SEC baseball team play not to mention all of the other sports events? I'm not going to look it up and do the math but just the with the 4 that I mentioned what does that come down to in terms of cost per game/meet? $2.00 per event or something crazy like that?

It used to be a lot cheaper though. In 2008 and 2009, student prices were 1 dollar per ticket and you bought the full set of football passes. Plus, you could purchase the LR package for again, 1 dollar a ticket. So, if all you wanted to do, like a lot of students, was see the football games, you are looking at 5-7 dollars vs the 85 you have to spend now. Further, if you wanted to see basketball games, all you had to do was again pay 1 dollar at the stadium to get tickets to whatever game you wanted to see and all the other sports were already free. By 2012, they implemented the 85 dollar full ticket package thing. Still is relatively good deal, but a lot more than you once had to spend.

Pork Twain

You should have stopped when you were behind.  Complaining about Arkansas ticket prices for anyone, much less students, is a road to nowhere.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/