Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the greatest Razorbacks all-time by state?

Started by jbcarol, February 22, 2017, 05:18:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Define "by state" as the state in which they played their last season of high school ball:

Mississippi - Lance Alworth

Colorado - Dan Skipper

Missouri - Steve Atwater
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

daBoar

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

pignparadise

Colorado Steve Korte consensus All American  and 8 years in NFL
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

FANONTHEHILL

Denmark - Froholdt (I know it's IMG in Florida), but he's the best we've had from Denmark since ever.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

daBoar

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Bacons Rebellion

Bacons Rebellion

Bacons Rebellion

Professor Psychosis

I daresay Sam Irwin-Hill is the best from the state of Australia!

Tejano Jawg

Pennsylvania—QB Kevin Scanlon (SWC Player of the Year 1979)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hawgXi

hawgXi

Snizzzo

Jackrabbit Hog

Martin Smith - Great Britain.  (former Hog swimmer recruited to kick for a couple of seasons)
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pignparadise

pignparadise

pignparadise

EastexHawg

Quote from: pignparadise on February 23, 2017, 08:50:52 am
Texas Chuck Dicus

I loved Chuck Dicus, but Loyd Phillips and Ronnie Caveness were from Texas.  So was Dicus' QB teammate, Bill Montgomery.

pignparadise

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 23, 2017, 09:04:13 am
I loved Chuck Dicus, but Loyd Phillips and Ronnie Caveness were from Texas.  So was Dicus' QB teammate, Bill Montgomery.
Yes I agree but Chuck was a two time All American.

pignparadise

EastexHawg

Quote from: pignparadise on February 23, 2017, 09:08:54 am
Yes I agree but Chuck was a two time All American.

So were Caveness and Phillips.  Phillips also won the Outland Trophy.  Caveness held every Arkansas tackling record when he graduated and still holds some of them now.  The man was a tackling machine.

Dicus, Caveness, and Phillips are all members of the College Football Hall of Fame so you couldn't really go wrong picking any of them.  Dicus was fantastic, and the bigger the game the bigger he played.  He dominated the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia and was unstoppable against Texas in the Big Shootout.

pignparadise

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 23, 2017, 09:27:40 am
So were Caveness and Phillips.  Phillips also won the Outland Trophy.  Caveness held every Arkansas tackling record when he graduated and still holds some of them now.  The man was a tackling machine.

Dicus, Caveness, and Phillips are all members of the College Football Hall of Fame so you couldn't really go wrong picking any of them.  Dicus was fantastic, and the bigger the game the bigger he played.  He dominated the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia and was unstoppable against Texas in the Big Shootout.
You are right all three of them were great.
Maybe Phillips gets the nod cause he won the Outland.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pignparadise on February 23, 2017, 08:55:12 am
Arizona Mark Mistler

Wow, that's a blast from the past.  Haven't thought about that guy in years!

Jackrabbit Hog

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Hardcore Hoggy

bob slydell

This is a really cool question.

Missouri - Joe Kleine
Tennessee - Todd Day
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

BigE_23

EastexHawg

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 23, 2017, 11:58:09 am
New Jersey - Vin Ascolese

/thread.

Kudos, BigE.  Can't believe I forgot the Jersey Marauder.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: PintailKiller on February 23, 2017, 12:13:21 pm
Wrong sport.
The thread says greatest Razorback ever, it doesn't say anything about any particular sport

And on that note

Michael Conley - Illinois

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

justmakeit2thebcs

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mr_v8horsepower

mr_v8horsepower

mr_v8horsepower

mr_v8horsepower

mr_v8horsepower

mr_v8horsepower

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Bob Slydell on February 23, 2017, 01:35:02 pm
Based on what exactly?

This is the MMQB forum.......

There is a similar thread in the EI forum.  Not sure about JB.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."