Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by factchecker, February 22, 2017, 03:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

I think that's going to be just the beginning. Hugh Freeze is mentioned according to Finebaum, as is the phrase, "failure to monitor." He's talking on the fly as it's coming out, so nothing is concrete other than what you're seeing from McCready. Finebaum calls the charges, "pretty serious."

Just passing along info.

MrKnowItAll

ricepig

ricepig

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 22, 2017, 04:02:21 pm
You could probably attribute that kind of activity to at least 3/4 of SEC schools.

really?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 22, 2017, 04:02:21 pm
You could probably attribute that kind of activity to at least 3/4 of SEC schools.
That may be true, as I have no way to know. But if you get caught you have to pay.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

This is as bad as I have heard in recent years that only involved recruiting cheating. Sounds like NCAA is flexing its muscle. Must have a lot to work with. See ya Black Bears.

Cambridge Hog

Freeze is a convict spinning his innocence.

I guess they will have to forfeit their victories over us the last three years.

Oh wait . . .  ;)

stronguard

Old Mrs........ were the 2 victories over Bama worth it?  Everyone knew they were cheating, all it took was a losing season for the rats to jump ship
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hognipotent

NCAA will make an example of ole miss, hugh freeze will regret his cheating for sure. Can't say i'm surprised

ricepig

hawginbigd1

Sure am glad we aren't getting a bunch of top 10 recruiting classes all of a sudden. Apparently that causes problems!;)

The_Iceman

Jackrabbit Hog

Any truth to the rumor that Ole Miss is trying to get the bowl ban to apply retroactive to the 2016 season?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hugh is going to try to hide behind his man of God schtick.  The flow of bible verses coming out of the man's mouth will be unprecedented.  Love their self imposed bowl ban when their chances of going to a bowl were slim to none anyway.

What gets me is their unquestioned loyalty to Freeze. Regardless of who did what it happened under his watch.  He's an OK coach at best, and their rise was due in most part to talent which on the whole their results fell below the talent they had.  Now the talent is going to be unsustainable so why bother with him?

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 22, 2017, 04:28:21 pm
Hugh is going to try to hide behind his man of God schtick.  The flow of bible verses coming out of the man's mouth will be unprecedented.  Love their self imposed bowl ban when their chances of going to a bowl were slim to none anyway.

What gets me is their unquestioned loyalty to Freeze. Regardless of who did what it happened under his watch.  He's an OK coach at best, and their rise was due in most part to talent which on the whole their results fell below the talent they had.  Now the talent is going to be unsustainable so why bother with him?

Ummm.....maybe he knows too much???

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2017, 04:31:05 pm
Ummm.....maybe he knows too much???

It would be career suicide to utter a word of it if that is the case.  He may look inbred but he's not stupid.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 22, 2017, 04:32:53 pm
It would be career suicide to utter a word of it if that is the case.  He may look inbred but he's not stupid.

Wildhog

They should get a scholarship reduction, too. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowHawg

I remember when Ole Miss started landing those top 10 classes. I told some friends they were cheating.

Shame of it is that there are people who got pissed because we weren't recruiting at that level. After all, Ole Miss was doing it.

Dropkick

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 04:49:21 pm
They should get a scholarship reduction, too. 
From what I have seen they are self imposing giving up 11 in next 4 years so it will be that or worse I guess.

NCAA is dropping the hammer. The west may get a little easier for a few years.

Hawgphish

gifts, dinners, hunting trips, cars, for recruits and also athletes who are members of another university.  So dirty.  It will be interesting to see if the gains from cheating out weigh the penalties of getting caught.  Let's go NCAA.  We are watching you.

jgphillips3

Good.  Everyone knew they were cheating.  You don't jump from being the bottom feeder in the West with a history of racial intolerance to the dream destination of elite black football players overnight without money changing hands or a Hall of Fame level coach...and even then it might still take money.  If the NCAA had overlooked this one, the floodgates would open and nobody would play by the rules or the NCAA would just be abolished by the major conferences.

pigture perfect

The state of Mississippi produces enough talent to pull a top 10 class every so often. I Hate it for some friends of mine down there. Sure wish they would investigate Auburn and Bama as hard.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbk4life

All that cheating and nothing to show for it...
Let's call those hogs!!!!

sowmonella

Nafoom idiots are starting to pizz on themselves.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Wildhog

Quote from: rzrbk4life on February 22, 2017, 05:03:45 pm
All that cheating and nothing to show for it...

They won a Sugar Bowl.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: sowmonella on February 22, 2017, 05:07:57 pm

Yeah they're fricked.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Wow! The rebels really wanted Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution), only to get rejected after all of the courting.

-phil

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Dropkick on February 22, 2017, 04:51:54 pm
From what I have seen they are self imposing giving up 11 in next 4 years so it will be that or worse I guess.

11 each of the next 4 years ?

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 05:08:08 pm
They won a Sugar Bowl.

I don't think I'd go through all they are fixing to for a Sugar Bowl win......

Wildhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2017, 05:10:54 pm
11 each of the next 4 years ?

I assume he meant 11 total over the next four years.  11/year for four years is practically a death penalty.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2017, 05:11:11 pm
I don't think I'd go through all they are fixing to for a Sugar Bowl win......

Depends on what they get.  A Sugar Bowl win would be the biggest Razorback football win of my life.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgphish

Potosihog

Quote from: sowmonella on February 22, 2017, 05:07:57 pm

I went over there expecting full melt down. The mods must be deleting posts because the ones I saw were from guys saying it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, nothing was found on Tunsil, and the admins were stupid for a self imposed "bowl band".
😂

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 05:11:58 pm
I assume he meant 11 total over the next four years.  11/year for four years is practically a death penalty.

Punishment should fit the crime for Mr Super Christian coach

robs4516

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 22, 2017, 05:03:34 pm
The state of Mississippi produces enough talent to pull a top 10 class every so often. I Hate it for some friends of mine down there. Sure wish they would investigate Auburn and Bama as hard.

Aubie and bama are good enough at it to not get caught as easily.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

passinghog

As I stated a long time ago when the allegations were first made and someone asked will Freeze survive. Coaches at the helm when a program is alleged to have committed these type of penalties don't survive. Freeze will resign prior to the year 2018.

bythelake

Wild hog,  for your image on this board don't go down that road. The black cloud associated with cheating is not even close to worth the sugar.

Poor Ole Miss didn't understand that you cannot cheat if you are just a regular Joe type University.  Sort of like a regular Joe cheating the U S Government.  Get caught you are dead.  Yet, if you are wealthy, in politics or from a power family, you can get away with just about anything, no penalty.  Ole Miss will be the poster boy for what can happen if you get caught, UNLESS, OF COURSE, you are among the wealthy, powerful, etc.  Ole Miss is about to pay as an example.  Hugh Freeze is about to become untouchable as a coach while many who are as bad or worse will be going on, business as usual.

factchecker

February 22, 2017, 05:30:58 pm #49 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:42:17 pm by factchecker
Quote from: robs4516 on February 22, 2017, 05:22:55 pm
Aubie and bama are good enough at it to not get caught as easily.

I agree.  I don't think any other program, besides Ole Miss, would pay a player prior to signing the LOI only for them to go elsewhere.

EDIT:

I remember another case of a player receiving payment but going elsewhere:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS