Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will guns be allowed at Razorback games under the new law?

Started by JIHawg, February 21, 2017, 10:58:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 22, 2017, 08:42:55 am
Went to see the grandkids in Kilgore, TX a few months ago. We went to church with them and they had a armed "person" walking around the congregation the entire time with his pistol strapped firmly on his hip for everyone to see.  Never seen that in a church before. 

Was it this man?

My advice would be to stay away from the book of Ezekiel.

DeltaBoy

Nearly every state that has CCW states guns are not allowed at sporting events.  Only LEO and Feds can carry in those places.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 22, 2017, 01:06:30 pm
Nearly every state that has CCW states guns are not allowed at sporting events.  Only LEO and Feds can carry in those places.

Why does HE get to carry at sporting events??    ???
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TexArkHogFan

Good thing guns aren't allowed in the hands of a drunk.  Hogville wouldn't be safe.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 22, 2017, 07:03:40 am
Some of these yahoos would shoot our own coaches and players

I've already filed noches for a few Hogvillians! 😉

twistitup

I heard there will be a new spot in the north endzone to buy, sell or trade guns
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Cambridge Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on February 22, 2017, 03:28:30 pm
Easily the worst idea ever (involving football)

Sorry, but hiring John L. Smith trumps guns as the worst idea ever.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Grizzlyfan

The administration of the University of Arkansas should determine when, where and if guns will allowed on the campus.  Not the yahoos in Little Rock. 

Hoggish1

What reason could anyone have for bringing a gun to a football game?

pigture perfect

Guns can now be carried legally at churches as long as it doesn't go against by-laws and the pastor and staff are aware of it. This coming from a minister.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bennyl08

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 22, 2017, 03:53:50 pm
The administration of the University of Arkansas should determine when, where and if guns will allowed on the campus.  Not the yahoos in Little Rock.

The yahoos from LR didn't really want it either, but rural outnumbers urban in Arkansas and thus it was passed.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TechHawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 22, 2017, 03:53:50 pm
Unfortunately college admins are all a bunch of far lefties that don't acknowledge the constitution of the US. But to the OP's question, no, guns will not be allowed in Razorbacks stadium under the new law. It is still unlawful to carry at sporting events, and those with CCL's who want to carry on campus will have to take an active shooter course before being allowed to carry on campus.

elviscat

Just think a drunk with a gun, dangerous situation. The first person shot, should be the dump ass legislator who was responsible for passing this dump bill.

TechHawg

Again, the bill doesn't allow carrying in a sporting event.

biglewhog77

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

buldozer

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 22, 2017, 05:13:42 pm
What reason could anyone have for bringing a gun to a football game?
I can think of a couple right off of the top of my head..... a bad guy such as a terrorist might want to attempt a mass shooting at a sporting event where 72,000 people are watching a football game, and a lawful citizen might want to protect themselves and others if something like that were to occur.

Cubbie08

Quote from: TechHawg on February 22, 2017, 07:02:35 pm
Unfortunately college admins are all a bunch of far lefties that don't acknowledge the constitution of the US. But to the OP's question, no, guns will not be allowed in Razorbacks stadium under the new law. It is still unlawful to carry at sporting events, and those with CCL's who want to carry on campus will have to take an active shooter course before being allowed to carry on campus.

Did it pass? I thought it was still in committee after getting sent back.

TechHawg

I don't think its passed yet, but they did add the requirement to take an active shooter course.

Cubbie08

That's what I thought. Just trying to make sure I am up to date on it.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2017, 03:06:44 pm
It's throwing stars that worry me the most.

C'mon twist.  If you could carry into a game, you could take out the nutritionist when we started wilting in the fourth quarter.

:P

Oklahawg

I have always wondered if the folks who remember the name of the officials who screwed the hogs in the 71 Liberty Bowl or in 82 vs SMU (or Florida a couple of times) wouldn't have taken a shot at them had a gun been handy.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 23, 2017, 03:49:25 pm
I have always wondered if the folks who remember the name of the officials who screwed the hogs in the 71 Liberty Bowl or in 82 vs SMU (or Florida a couple of times) wouldn't have taken a shot at them had a gun been handy.

Preston Watts?

Might as well have had a bullseye on his back...

(I'm kidding.  Please don't notify the authorities..)

sw403

I'm not waiting to be saved, I will carry and save my family and myself.  I do agree that alcohol and guns don't mix, but just because some people drink doesn't mean I should lose my rights to protect myself.

razorbackcaller

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 22, 2017, 05:33:32 pm
Guns can now be carried legally at churches as long as it doesn't go against by-laws and the pastor and staff are aware of it. This coming from a minister.

This is true. However church members can not provide security. In the state of Arkansas only licensed security guards can provide security.

razorbackcaller

Quote from: sw403 on February 24, 2017, 07:27:57 am
I'm not waiting to be saved, I will carry and save my family and myself.  I do agree that alcohol and guns don't mix, but just because some people drink doesn't mean I should lose my rights to protect myself.

Couldn't have said it better

Inhogswetrust

February 26, 2017, 11:17:05 am #78 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:16:26 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 21, 2017, 11:35:22 am
List of places where guns belong:

- the woods

Also my home, my car, my property or anywhere else that it isn't restricted by law or the location I'm at and I feel like carrying. Your word "belong" is not the same for everyone.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 22, 2017, 05:39:29 pm
The yahoos from LR didn't really want it either, but rural outnumbers urban in Arkansas and thus it was passed.

LR yahoos aren't the same as the rest of central Arkansas....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

oldfart

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 22, 2017, 08:42:55 am
Went to see the grandkids in Kilgore, TX a few months ago. We went to church with them and they had a armed "person" walking around the congregation the entire time with his pistol strapped firmly on his hip for everyone to see.  Never seen that in a church before. 

my son a policeman is hired by his church to wear his uniform and weapons during service. he is in a city where there has been a lot of violence so it is understandable

oppybrit

HB1249 has not passed yet and has had several amendments proposed .
Arkansas per Act 746 of 2013 is a constitution carry state. Statute 5-73-119 established the minimum age of carrying at 18 . You need to be 21 to get a conceal carry license .
The conceal carry program is unconstitutional and should be done way with.
Watch for a lawsuit after this legislative session to challenge conceal carry licensing.

kodiakisland

Quote from: oldfart on February 26, 2017, 04:44:14 pm
my son a policeman is hired by his church to wear his uniform and weapons during service. he is in a city where there has been a lot of violence so it is understandable

Used to go to a church that had two guys in suits and ear pieces with MP5s under their coat in the lobby and a car parked at the front door with another guy with an MP5.  They didn't bother me at all. Thankfully I never got to see them in action.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: gchamblee on February 21, 2017, 11:05:54 am
As an Arkansan that is licensed to carry a concealed handgun, the answer is no. Under current law, guns are not allowed to be taken into sporting events, licensed or not.

Well this ends the discussion. 

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 26, 2017, 10:45:40 pm
Used to go to a church that had two guys in suits and ear pieces with MP5s under their coat in the lobby and a car parked at the front door with another guy with an MP5.  They didn't bother me at all. Thankfully I never got to see them in action.

MP5s, were you in Israel.

kodiakisland

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on February 26, 2017, 11:22:22 pm
MP5s, were you in Israel.

Germany.  The EUCOM commander went there and always had security.  The church was in downtown Kaiserslautern and I guess he was a target off base.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: factchecker on February 21, 2017, 11:10:35 am
This thread is going to turn political real fast but here is the best I can give you.

From what I understand the stadium has it's own set of rules. For example, I can walk around with an open bottle of water and a snack throughout campus.  Try and bring your own food or drink into the stadium..... not going to happen.

I think the goal of House Bill 1249 is to allow students and faculty the right to concealed carry.  I'm not sure if the bill is to be extended for drunk tailgaters.

Quick question for those who might know:  Is there a penalty for firing a gun under the influence?

There is a law that coincides with EVERY common sense issue that can possibly arise where firearms usage is concerned. To name a few, No felons may own or carry, If you fire a weapon for any reason (accidental or with intent) other than self defense, hunting or target practice, and/or brandishing a weapon as a threat etc... Believe me, we do not need any more laws restricting gun use because every possible scenario has been covered for ages.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: oppybrit on February 26, 2017, 08:13:48 pm
Arkansas per Act 746 of 2013 is a constitution carry state. Statute 5-73-119 established the minimum age of carrying at 18 . You need to be 21 to get a conceal carry license .
Watch for a lawsuit after this legislative session to challenge conceal carry licensing.

Mississippi is unrestricted carry unless posted at place of business, but with the licensed carry you can go anywhere. The written test is enormous and will make you a very educated gun owner.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

February 27, 2017, 11:10:27 am #88 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:46:28 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 27, 2017, 08:05:05 am
Mississippi is unrestricted carry unless posted at place of business, but with the licensed carry you can go anywhere. The written test is enormous and will make you a very educated gun owner.

Mississippi and a written test? That's funny!

Hawgndaaz

How about just carry a cow tazer to stab fatties that take up half my seat?

PORKULATOR

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2017, 03:06:44 pm
It's throwing stars that worry me the most.
It's the conservative, 30 round magazine loving, trigger-happy looney holding the gun that worries me the most.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 27, 2017, 11:34:16 am
It's the conservative, 30 round magazine loving, trigger-happy looney holding the gun that worries me the most.
It's when the shots are fired and anyone with a gun can easily be mistaken for a terrorist that concerns me.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 27, 2017, 11:34:16 am

Except most conservatives are no more trigger happy than anyone else. They just want the option of protecting themselves knowing that sometimes they are not protected adequately by the system.

bennyl08

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2017, 11:55:22 am
Except most conservatives are no more trigger happy than anyone else. They just want the option of protecting themselves knowing that sometimes they are not protected adequately by the system.

You are absolutely correct, but perhaps more so than you meant. Keywords here are most and sometimes. Most people the majority of the time are more than adequately protected by the system. It is only in rare occasions one would need to protect themselves. Similarly, most gun owners are very responsible. I know Texas at least keeps very detailed numbers on their CCL people and what crimes they commit. Crimes happen at a much lower rate than the general population and even then, many of them aren't gun related in the first place. However, the data also shows that a few do use their guns in criminal manners. A common such crime is the heat of the moment where the carrier gets frustrated, gets in an argument and while 99.9% of the time would never do something stupid, lost their cool for a split second.

So, if you are a business/university/public space, etc... you have to ask yourself one question. Did I fire 5 shots or 6... Which unlikely thing is more of a threat to your place? One person killing 10 people before they get stopped in a planned and super rare event, or 10 people each shooting one person in a spontaneous incident in a very rare, but orders of magnitude more common than the mass shooting event?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Inhogswetrust

February 27, 2017, 02:25:09 pm #94 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:38:53 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: bennyl08 on February 27, 2017, 12:25:11 pm
You are absolutely correct, but perhaps more so than you meant. Keywords here are most and sometimes. Most people the majority of the time are more than adequately protected by the system. It is only in rare occasions one would need to protect themselves. Similarly, most gun owners are very responsible. I know Texas at least keeps very detailed numbers on their CCL people and what crimes they commit. Crimes happen at a much lower rate than the general population and even then, many of them aren't gun related in the first place. However, the data also shows that a few do use their guns in criminal manners. A common such crime is the heat of the moment where the carrier gets frustrated, gets in an argument and while 99.9% of the time would never do something stupid, lost their cool for a split second.

So, if you are a business/university/public space, etc... you have to ask yourself one question. Did I fire 5 shots or 6... Which unlikely thing is more of a threat to your place? One person killing 10 people before they get stopped in a planned and super rare event, or 10 people each shooting one person in a spontaneous incident in a very rare, but orders of magnitude more common than the mass shooting event?

As a CCP holder I completely agree. The responsible and sane gun owner and carrier knows when is the right place and time to carry. I don't carry often and would never carry into a large public arena, stadium, festival, etc. I also would never carry openly.
Sometimes life is simply no more than common sense.

Ray Zorback_1*

Ray Zorback_1*

Quote from: oppybrit on February 26, 2017, 08:13:48 pm

This ^^^

devildoghawg

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 21, 2017, 12:10:01 pm
You cannot carry firearms anywhere alcohol is served.

Not true, whatsoever.  You cannot carry guns into a bar, but you can carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Tarheelhawg

I am not as worried about citizen  with a concealed weapon in a stadium as I am about a drone with a bomb.  It may safer to watch at home with the 40 plus inch tv.   Anyway, WPS!

Boardon Hamsay

If by some chance this we're to ever be allowed, I'm taking the over on the number of ignernt asses that would reach for their piece each time the stadium fireworks went off.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.