Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams from Major Conferences Arkansas has never played

Started by Ben, February 16, 2017, 04:05:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

This is a full list of all the current FBS teams that the hogs have never played in history

ACC: Boston College, Clemson, Florida St, Louisville, NC State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest
Big XII: West Virginia
Big 10: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan St, Penn St, Purdue
Pac-12: Arizona, Utah. Oregon, Oregon St Washington, Washington St
Independent: Notre Dame

Which team would you want the hogs to play for the first time?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

factchecker

Notre Dame

Would love to beat the Irish hopefully with Lou in attendance.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hobhog

sowmonella

ND no doubt. They have the most tradition and largest fan base in the NCAA.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

go hogues

Crazy we've never played Penn State...or Illinois or ND, for that matter.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Lets be honest, out of that group and assuming we could play them within the next 2 years, I would want a nearly sure fire win and who would that be?  BC, Wake, Ill or maybe Purdue I think would be most likely.  I am not real interested in jumping on any team who is near sure to beat us.  WE NEED WINS.  Seems like every time we line up a name team, we come out on the short end and recently, not even a name team, think Rutgers and T Tech

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hogcard1964

None of them.  We can't beat Kentucky or Missouri.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 16, 2017, 07:04:38 pm

Sheesh.....................    you're sure a Debbie........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Oklahawg

How did you manage to avoid cervical cancer from all the talcum up your snatch?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Tejano Jawg

Our deep cardinal red and Oregon's ridiculous high-lighter green would look pretty good on TV.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Supermark101

I'd love for an excuse to go to Clemson for a game.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Arkansas won the last time it played Kentucky (2012) 49-7. The last loss was in 2008 under Petrino. Kentucky leads the series 3-4. The average score is 33-30 Arkansas. This qualifies as "can't beat"?

1964 must have been a terrible year.

Supermark101

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 17, 2017, 06:26:52 am
Arkansas won the last time it played Kentucky (2012) 49-7. The last loss was in 2008 under Petrino. Kentucky leads the series 3-4. The average score is 33-30 Arkansas. This qualifies as "can't beat"?

And in 2012 we only played about a half because of lighting.

factchecker

He was thinking about Petrino getting beat by Kentucky this past season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbackers

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OLDHOG

hogcard1964

redleg

Notre Dame for sure. It would be a sell out, and DWRRS would be rockin!
But I think, looking at it recruiting-wise, playing Illinois or Arizona might help us get a player or two from those regions, especially if we beat them at their place.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Birminghog

ND. If you lose, it's no great crime because of the reputation of ND. If you win, it's a big deal.

NaturalStateReb

I know they're not on the list, but I always wonder why Arkansas doesn't play Kansas.  They're a Power 5 team, it's a sure win, and the road game isn't that far from Fayetteville.  Toss in the fact that you can do a bit of recruiting from the Kansas JUCOs that K-State has made a living off of, and it just seems like a good idea.  You don't necessarily gain anything from beating them, but your chances of losing are extremely low.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bacons Rebellion

I believe I agree on Notre Dame.

It's not P5 but I would like to play Army sometime.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

A win against Notre Dame would be the most satisfying.  As for my non P5 selection, it would have to be Slippery Rock, hands down.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

jgphillips3

Obviously traditional powers like Notes Dame, Penn State and FSU would be cool.  I'd like to play some PAC teams too.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 17, 2017, 03:14:49 am
I'd love for an excuse to go to Clemson for a game.

While you may enjoy the pre-game atmosphere of a game there, it is doubtful you would enjoy the result of the game.

Over the last 4 seasons, they have lost a total of only 7 games.  Three losses of those 7 losses was by a combined 12 points (an Overtime road loss by 6 points, a 5 point loss in a National Championship game, and a 1 point loss on a last second 48 yard field goal by the opposing team).

The 1 point last second 48 yard field goal loss was one of only 2 losses they have incurred at home over the last 4 season stretch (4 of the 7 losses being on the road, and 1 of the 7 losses being at a neutral site; the 5 point loss in the National Championship game).

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LZH

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 17, 2017, 10:19:51 pm
While you may enjoy the pre-game atmosphere of a game there, it is doubtful you would enjoy the result of the game.

Over the last 4 seasons, they have lost a total of only 7 games.  Three losses of those 7 losses was by a combined 12 points (an Overtime road loss by 6 points, a 5 point loss in a National Championship game, and a 1 point loss on a last second 48 yard field goal by the opposing team).

The 1 point last second 48 yard field goal loss was one of only 2 losses they have incurred at home over the last 4 season stretch (4 of the 7 losses being on the road, and 1 of the 7 losses being at a neutral site; the 5 point loss in the National Championship game).

How many Clemson games have you been to?

Locutus_of_Boar

Of the never played the interesting matchups would seem to be:  Notre Dame, Clemson, Louisville, Mich St, Penn St, Colo, Utah, Washington. 

Arkansas' record vs. every power 5 school:

B12   Texas   Games   78   Bowl   2   Win   22   Loss   56   Tie   0
B12   Baylor (TX)   Games   70   Bowl      Win   35   Loss   33   Tie   2
B12   Texas Christian   Games   69   Bowl      Win   44   Loss   23   Tie   2
B12   Oklahoma St.   Games   46   Bowl      Win   30   Loss   15   Tie   1
B12   Texas Tech   Games   37   Bowl      Win   29   Loss   8   Tie   0
B12   Oklahoma           Games   15   Bowl   3   Win   4   Loss   10   Tie   1
B12   Kansas St.           Games   6   Bowl   2   Win   3   Loss   3   Tie   0
P12   Southern California   Games   5   Bowl      Win   1   Loss   4   Tie   0
ACC   Miami (FL)           Games   3   Bowl      Win   0   Loss   3   Tie   0
ACC   Georgia Tech   Games   2   Bowl   1   Win   1   Loss   1   Tie   0
ACC   North Carolina   Games   2   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   2   Tie   0
B12   Kansas           Games   2   Bowl      Win   0   Loss   2   Tie   0
B1G   Rutgers (NJ)   Games   2   Bowl      Win   0   Loss   2   Tie   0
B1G   Wisconsin           Games   2   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   2   Tie   0
P12   Arizona St.      Games   2   Bowl   1   Win   2   Loss   0   Tie   0
P12   UCLA                   Games   2   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   1
ACC   Duke (NC)           Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
ACC   Va Tech           Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
B12   Iowa St.           Games   1   Bowl      Win   1   Loss   0   Tie   0
B1G   Iowa                   Games   1   Bowl      Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
B1G   Michigan           Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
B1G   Minnesota           Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
B1G   Nebraska           Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   1   Loss   0   Tie   0
B1G   Northwestern (IL)   Games   1   Bowl      Win   1   Loss   0   Tie   0
B1G   Ohio St.            Games   1   Bowl   1   Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0
P12   California            Games   1   Bowl      Win   1   Loss   0   Tie   0
P12   Stanford (CA)    Games   1   Bowl      Win   0   Loss   1   Tie   0

ACC   Boston College    Games   0                        
ACC   Clemson            Games   0                        
ACC   Florida State   Games   0                        
ACC   Louisville           Games   0                        
ACC   NC State           Games   0                        
ACC   Pittsburgh           Games   0                        
ACC   Syracuse           Games   0                        
ACC   Virginia           Games   0                        
ACC   Wake Forest   Games   0                        

B1G   Indiana           Games   0                        
B1G   Maryland           Games   0                        
B1G   Michigan State   Games   0                        
B1G   Penn State           Games   0                        
B1G   Purdue           Games   0                        
B1G   Illinois           Games   0                        

B12   West Virginia   Games   0

P12   Arizona            Games   0                        
P12   Colorado           Games   0                        
P12   Oregon           Games   0                        
P12   Oregon St           Games   0                        
P12   Utah                    Games   0                        
P12   Washington   Games   0                        
P12   Washington St   Games   0                        

Ind   Notre Dame   Games   0                        
Ind   BYU                   Games   0                        
Ind   Army                   Games   0                        

Hogtimes

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 17, 2017, 01:02:23 pm
I know they're not on the list, but I always wonder why Arkansas doesn't play Kansas.  They're a Power 5 team, it's a sure win, and the road game isn't that far from Fayetteville.  Toss in the fact that you can do a bit of recruiting from the Kansas JUCOs that K-State has made a living off of, and it just seems like a good idea.  You don't necessarily gain anything from beating them, but your chances of losing are extremely low.

Scheduling is a two way deal.  You have to ask your self, what is in it for Kansas?   Why would they want to play Arkansas?   Personally I do not see any great benefit for them vs other teams they might schedule. 

HamSammich

Great job Ben. We need to play every single one of them. Then we could be the only school that can claim that we've played them all.

hogcard1964

No, we have losing lifetime records against Missouri and Kentucky.

Enjoy

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 20, 2017, 12:19:52 pm
No, we have losing lifetime records against Missouri and Kentucky.

Enjoy

We've only played mizdou 8 times and it's close at 3-5, we've only played Kentucky 7 times and it is very close at 3-4....   You little chickenf*cker...  why don't you mention the significant winning records against much more significant opposition like A&M who we've played 73 times and hold a significant winning record of 41-29-3 record against, or OSU, who we've played 46 times and hold a very significant 30-15-1 record.....   you hate on the Hogs much?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

gchamblee

gchamblee

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 17, 2017, 10:19:51 pm

I guess I am a weird fan. We don't actually have to win for me to enjoy a good game.

Ben

Had to revisit this post. Look like majority of everyone is going to get their wish with Notre Dame. 2020 and 2025

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

redleg

Quote from: Ben on February 16, 2017, 04:05:12 pm
This is a full list of all the current FBS teams that the hogs have never played in history

ACC: Boston College, Clemson, Florida St, Louisville, NC State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest
Big XII: West Virginia
Big 10: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan St, Penn St, Purdue
Pac-12: Arizona, Utah. Oregon, Oregon St Washington, Washington St
Independent: Notre Dame

Which team would you want the hogs to play for the first time?
I'd like to see the Hogs play a home and home series with Louisville, Syracuse, Illinois, and Arizona. As for teams we have played, I think it would be a good thing to re-new our past series with Oklahoma State for an extended period...say sign a ten year contract for on campus games beginning in 2026.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

Notre Dame is a great schedule. Now let's add Florida State.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang