Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Walker new OLB coach

Started by ricepig, February 10, 2017, 09:06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2017, 03:38:04 pm
Interesting read. Mostly about his family but interesting nonetheless. However, did you take something from that article that would make you happy he's on staff?  Or is there more to it?
To me it's Quinn hired after working with him at Miami.

Hogwild

Interesting read. Mostly about his family but interesting nonetheless. However, did you take something from that article that would make you happy he's on staff?  Or is there more to it?

I like who is has worked with.

QuoteHe rejoined Saban's staff for the Tigers' BCS national championship in 2003. Working for Saban sparked a career that has allowed Walker to learn from some of the game's great defensive minds: Saban, Quinn, Dom Capers and Will Muschamp.
"Each stop along the way, you try to pick up something," Walker said. "You try to be a sponge, figure out what fits you, what fits your personality and what fits your teaching style."

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: colbs on February 11, 2017, 03:50:48 pm
To me it's Quinn hired after working with him at Miami.

I agree. Quinn is a good reference for Walker I'm sure

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 11, 2017, 09:27:48 am
Shoot first.  Beg for forgiveness later.

Gotta' luv Ray's Music Exchange-Radio-TV-Appliances on E. 47th.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Piggfoot

you think he may be a LSU and Bama spy? 
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

SamBuckhart

Welcome, Coach Walker. WOOO PIG! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

tophawg19

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 10, 2017, 10:47:01 pm
Ok,  I hope this is ingenious hire.  The guy has no experience in coaching except for the film room, and he has absolutely no experience coaching linebackers.  I hope him the best,  but this hire is a grasp at straws.
dumb post . he's been a D/C before . Saban liked him enough at LSU to hire him at Miami. He helped build and Design the OU defense .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hog Solo

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:15:13 pm
dumb post . he's been a D/C before . Saban liked him enough at LSU to hire him at Miami. He helped build and Design the OU defense .

No he has not coached at the NFL or college level.  Fact.

tophawg19

Quote from: hawgon on February 11, 2017, 10:17:09 am
So, a guy who has been coaching 15 years and has never even been solely responsible for any position and has never been a linebackers coach at all is a great hire for us?

If he is so great, why hasn't he been more than a quality control guy in 15 years? 
i think Defensive Coordinator and defensive backs coach both qualify. Do you people even read anything ? Saban hired himboth at LSU and Miami. OU hired him to help design and build their 3-4 defense .

King Kong

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:19:45 pm

You are wrong Fact

tophawg19

Quote from: Piggfoot on February 11, 2017, 10:54:21 am
I have a suspicion that Coach Walker will not be a tackleing or coverage technique coach. I can't find where he has ever played the game nor of course has he been an on field coach. Rather I suspect he has been a class room x and o coach teaching defensive rotations and alignment positions  based on the presented offense. Just a guess. Being in proper position was one of our greatest weaknesses last year. His experience should be valuable.
he was a Defensive back coach and then a Defensive Coordinator . Where do you think they coach. Geez people Read

Hog Solo

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:23:50 pm
i think Defensive Coordinator and defensive backs coach both qualify. Do you people even read anything ? Saban hired himboth at LSU and Miami. OU hired him to help design and build their 3-4 defense .

Great we are getting saban cast offs who never hired him as a position coach, now w hire him as a Lb coach that he's never done before?  Perfect!

Hog Solo

Quote from: King Kong on February 11, 2017, 10:25:44 pm
You are wrong Fact

Lol, I meant at the NCAA level, hell I've coached my kids in pee wee.

tophawg19

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:31:15 pm
he was one of the Atlanta Falcons Lb coaches for 1 season and A DB coach the second . Pee wee seems to be about your level that you grasp football. TRY READING WHAT THE OU STAFF SAID ABOUT HIM . Look AT THE ATLANTA FALCONS COACHING ROSTER

Hogs run wild

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 11, 2017, 03:27:43 am
My guess, when the 10th coach gets approved, we hire Charlie Partridge.
hired by Michigan
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

menace_hawg3

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
he was one of the Atlanta Falcons Lb coaches for 1 season and A DB coach the second . Pee wee seems to be about your level that you grasp football. TRY READING WHAT THE OU STAFF SAID ABOUT HIM . Look AT THE ATLANTA FALCONS COACHING ROSTER

Dude he's not going to read that shi+.

Hog Solo

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:37:22 pm

No he was not.  That's false.

tophawg19

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on February 11, 2017, 10:40:26 pm
Dude he's not going to read that shi+.
I know . I don't know how some posters are even allowed on a hog football site anymore .

Paul

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:31:15 pm
I believe Mississippi College is a NCAA FCS program

tophawg19

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:41:44 pm
No he was not.  That's false.
So the Falcons don't know who their coaches are ? Wow , just Wow . They posted it but forgot to ask you

Hog Solo

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:43:03 pm
I know . I don't know how some posters are even allowed on a hog football site anymore .
you are coming up with alternative facts.congrats, guy.

menace_hawg3

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:43:03 pm

He's probably a teenage kid. No grown-a$$ man carries on like that.

Hogfan46

tophawg19

Rice even posted the roster for you

Hog Solo

Send a link beside university of Mississippi or liberty where he actually coached .  You all need a time out.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:29:34 pm
Great we are getting saban cast offs who never hired him as a position coach, now w hire him as a Lb coach that he's never done before?  Perfect!
I'm right there with you. Those "saban cast offs" never amount to much. Just look at Jimbo Fisher, Mark Dantonio, Jim McElwain, Jeremy Pruitt, Kirby Smart, Josh McDaniels, Will Muschamp, Doug Nussmeier, Jason Garrett, Lane Kiffin... The list of nobodies just goes on and on. Look on the bright side, he has had some time away from Saban, so maybe, just maybe, he got away in time to right the ship and make something of himself; you know, unlike all those other losers.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

colbs

Quote from: Paul on February 11, 2017, 10:43:44 pm
  I believe Mississippi College is a NCAA FCS program
So was Bryant.  So he was a DC at 2 FCS schools. 

colbs

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:48:19 pm
Send a link beside university of Mississippi or liberty where he actually coached .  You all need a time out.
Well position assistants actually do coach as well...

tophawg19

Hog Solo

Quote from: colbs on February 11, 2017, 10:52:13 pm
Well position assistants actually do coach as well...
so no fbs coaching experience. What are you trying to gain here? 

Hog Solo

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2017, 10:53:30 pm
Defensive Assistant/Linebackers
. Great?   You are linking someone on hogville?   You gotta be kidding me. Plus that link there's no coaching experience either.

colbs

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:54:35 pm
so no fbs coaching experience. What are you trying to gain here? 
Well first you said he had no on field the field coaching experience and then someone showed he was a DC.  You then said you meant he had no NCAA experience which he actually does.  Next you said he had no experience besides the 2 DC stints and I pointed out that position assistants actually help on the field.  Because originally you pretty much said all he has done in his coaching career is break down film. 

menace_hawg3

Quote from: colbs on February 11, 2017, 11:04:51 pm
Well first you said he had no on field the field coaching experience and then someone showed he was a DC.  You then said you meant he had no NCAA experience which he actually does.  Next you said he had no experience besides the 2 DC stints and I pointed out that position assistants actually help on the field.  Because originally you pretty much said all he has done in his coaching career is break down film.

Sounds like someone is moving the goal post.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on February 11, 2017, 11:10:37 pm
Sounds like someone is moving the goal post.
Like the kid that keeps changing the rules on the playground so he can win.

Beardog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:56:23 pm
. Great?   You are linking someone on hogville?   You gotta be kidding me. Plus that link there's no coaching experience either.

Jon Gruden got started as a Quality Control Coach...fwiw
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Danimal

This is a perfect example of why you should never scroll past page 2 of any thread on Hogville...  ;)

JIHawg

Quote from: Hog Solo on February 11, 2017, 10:19:45 pm

No, alternative fact.

JIHawg

Quote from: Danimal on February 12, 2017, 10:54:22 am
This is a perfect example of why you should never scroll past page 2 of any thread on Hogville...  ;)

That is so true.  The crazies seem to take over most threads that go beyond two pages, and then there's the personal feuds.  Also, some posters like the op here like to post in their own threads every day for a month just to keep their threads going.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: JIHawg on February 12, 2017, 01:39:48 pm
That is so true.  The crazies seem to take over most threads that go beyond two pages, and then there's the personal feuds.  Also, some posters like the op here like to post in their own threads every day for a month just to keep their threads going.
That's because their opinions are more important than your facts.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 10, 2017, 09:15:15 pm
Has never been a position coach at the FCS or FBS level.  His time at LSU he was a recruiting intern and QC coach. Same at OU.  Some may call this negative, but it's just a simple fact.  Again may turn out to be a great coach but on paper we have some of the least experienced coaches in the SEC.

I want a recruiter. This guy learned a thing or two from Saban.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2017, 09:51:53 am
I knew there had to be another reason besides politics, sports, and life in general, that I didn't like you!
LOL!  Ok Rice, I'm a conservative, root for the Hogs, Irish and Dodgers and enjoy playing golf, TV crime dramas and melodic rock music.  What else is there not to like!!

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 12, 2017, 08:21:28 pm
LOL!  Ok Rice, I'm a conservative, root for the Hogs, Irish and Dodgers and enjoy playing golf, TV crime dramas and melodic rock music.  What else is there not to like!!

Irish???

ChicoHog

ricepig

ChicoHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2017, 08:38:42 pm
That's even worse......
Yeah, I figured you would say that but I was born near there and lived there until I was 8.  Then growing up my dad, a huge ND fan, and I watched the highlights every Sunday am and it rubbed off on me.  Kind of like the family in "Rudy". 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 12, 2017, 08:43:51 pm
Yeah, I figured you would say that but I was born near there and lived there until I was 8.  Then growing up my dad, a huge ND fan, and I watched the highlights every Sunday am and it rubbed off on me.  Kind of like the family in "Rudy". 

I'll pray for you, you were brainwashed........

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 10, 2017, 09:15:15 pm
Has never been a position coach at the FCS or FBS level.  His time at LSU he was a recruiting intern and QC coach. Same at OU.  Some may call this negative, but it's just a simple fact.  Again may turn out to be a great coach but on paper we have some of the least experienced coaches in the SEC.
This is 3 coaches in a row that were assistants to the assistant coach. Sort of like hiring Dwight Schrute.

colbs

Quote from: Karma on February 12, 2017, 08:49:21 pm
This is 3 coaches in a row that were assistants to the assistant coach. Sort of like hiring Dwight Schrute.
I'm going to say that BB liked what Anderson done this past season more than most fans.  Because if he didn't I doubt he would have hired two more position assistants.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra