Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 01:24:39 am

Rain

Started by TuskDr, June 04, 2017, 01:51:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuskDr

If anyone knows or finds out something about the possible starting time of today's game, please post it.

jimmur74

Im guessing at least 6-7 if its played. Is it ok to guess on this forum?

Dr. Starcs

jry04

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 04, 2017, 01:52:09 pm
Im guessing at least 6-7 if its played. Is it ok to guess on this forum?
The radar looks like its about halfway done, but more could always build behind it. We are right in the middle of it, and it has been raining hard for probably 30-45 minutes. If I had to guess, this storm will move out by 3:00-3:30, then there is a huge window before more storms appear to pop up. I think we can get game 1 in starting around 5, but then game 2 probably gets pushed to tomorrow and it becomes a DH.

razortaz

From the radar they should be able to start maybe a little later than scheduled

TuskDr

An acquaintance just talk to the grounds crew. The outfield is under water but they thought the game will be played. No estimate on starting time.

jry04

Quote from: TuskDr on June 04, 2017, 01:58:44 pm
An acquaintance just talk to the grounds crew. The outfield is under water but they thought the game will be played. No estimate on starting time.
Good to know. Nothing some paper towels can't handle.

Realistically, they have a very good drainage system. It dumped a lot of water in a short time just now. Yesterday, it did the same, but for less time and the warning track and foul territory were flooding. After 30-45 minutes of the rain stopping it looked like it never rained. They will squeegee the area to flatten it out, and then it should all drain out. It just may take longer to prep the field than usual. I just hope the storm doesn't keep building behind this current one.

BillyHog53

I live about 4 miles east of Baum and it is still raining and so far have almost three quarters of an inch of rain

MSUDuo

Would like to think that both games get into today to keep the advantage with the winner's bracket but not getting my hopes up from the NCAA.

theFlyingHog

Need some of those NASCAR jet dryers

jry04

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 04, 2017, 02:16:24 pm
Would like to think that both games get into today to keep the advantage with the winner's bracket but not getting my hopes up from the NCAA.
On the flip side, only getting the first game in means the winner of that game has played 3 games in 3 days, will be on their 4th tomorrow v a fresh MSU team that got an extra day of rest without using any arms.  A guy like Fromson isn't throwing today in your game 3, but with a day off could potentially throw tomorrow if the game 3 is postponed. Same with Knutson. I cannot see Knutson throwing today in game 3, but if it is postponed he could start tomorrow in game 3. That combination could allow you guys to win it in 3 games rather than having to play a 4th which is always a coin flip, or potentially leans in the favor of the host if they are in it.

jry04

Rain supposed to be out of here within the next hour. Dugout show expected to start in an hour, which is usually on the air 30 minutes before 1st pitch.

MSUDuo

Quote from: jry04 on June 04, 2017, 02:37:49 pm
On the flip side, only getting the first game in means the winner of that game has played 3 games in 3 days, will be on their 4th tomorrow v a fresh MSU team that got an extra day of rest without using any arms.  A guy like Fromson isn't throwing today in your game 3, but with a day off could potentially throw tomorrow if the game 3 is postponed. Same with Knutson. I cannot see Knutson throwing today in game 3, but if it is postponed he could start tomorrow in game 3. That combination could allow you guys to win it in 3 games rather than having to play a 4th which is always a coin flip, or potentially leans in the favor of the host if they are in it.

Knutson has only thrown 41 pitches. I would THINK he would be saved for Monday/Game 7 but you never know given it only takes one more win.

Personal preferences but I'd rather face a team on their 2nd game of the day; not their first.

Though, Fromson can start as well if we were delayed until tomorrow.

jry04

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 04, 2017, 02:48:05 pm
Knutson has only thrown 41 pitches. I would THINK he would be saved for Monday/Game 7 but you never know given it only takes one more win.

Personal preferences but I'd rather face a team on their 2nd game of the day; not their first.

Though, Fromson can start as well if we were delayed until tomorrow.
Yeah, Knutson will definitely be available tomorrow. I am just saying you guys will have more pitchers available for the first game of the championship if it were delayed then if it were tomorrow. Knutson could go game 4 tomorrow, but there may not be a game 4 if him and Fromson are available for a game 3 due to it being postponed. Also, it is hard to sweep a DH, so that would play in your favor in my opinion. On the flip side, you definitely lose the advantage of having to play a team that has already played a game.

WilsonHog

I see no way we play two today. I doubt the first game will start before 5:00 p.m., at the earliest. Assuming normal game length of maybe 3:15, it would be 9:10 p.m. before the field would be ready for Game 6 of the regional. I think 9:00 p.m. may be the latest a game can start.

jimmur74

June 04, 2017, 03:03:36 pm #15 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:16:33 pm by jimmur74
I personally could'nt (Grammar Policed)  care LESS about MSU pitching. Its not gonna matter. Trust me

Quote from: jry04 on June 04, 2017, 02:51:09 pm
Yeah, Knutson will definitely be available tomorrow. I am just saying you guys will have more pitchers available for the first game of the championship if it were delayed then if it were tomorrow. Knutson could go game 4 tomorrow, but there may not be a game 4 if him and Fromson are available for a game 3 due to it being postponed. Also, it is hard to sweep a DH, so that would play in your favor in my opinion. On the flip side, you definitely lose the advantage of having to play a team that has already played a game.

jry04

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 04, 2017, 03:03:36 pm
I personally could care LESS about MSU pitching. Its not gonna matter. Trust me

It is "couldn't care less," and I was responding to the MSU fan. I hope you are right, though.

alohawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on June 04, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
I see no way we play two today. I doubt the first game will start before 5:00 p.m., at the earliest. Assuming normal game length of maybe 3:15, it would be 9:10 p.m. before the field would be ready for Game 6 of the regional. I think 9:00 p.m. may be the latest a game can start.

This could be a blessing for the hogs, yes?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jry04

I am thinking 1 game as well. Local meteorologists saying rain should be out of the area in the next 30-45 minutes, so that would mean the field wouldn't be ready until about 4:30-4:45 at the earliest. Like you said, it would have to be a fast game for it to start before 9 pm.

ricepig

Actually, I think it's 11pm??

Dr. Starcs

I heard 11 also

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2017, 03:09:12 pm
Actually, I think it's 11pm??

I can go into work late tomorrow if it means seeing an Arkansas win at 2 am.

ricepig

razortaz

I think it's 9 pm during the school year but now I think it's 11 pm

Uberanubis

Quote from: alohawg on June 04, 2017, 03:08:13 pm
This could be a blessing for the hogs, yes?

I would think no because it gives them an extra day of rest for their pitchers. But I'm no expert so what do I know.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

hawg1221

Well for the Hogs move on, they will have to play a double header either today or tomorrow.  So i would say it's better to get it out of the way today.

hawg1221

Think about how much better you would sleep tonight.

MSUDuo

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 04, 2017, 03:03:36 pm
I personally could'nt (Grammar Policed)  care LESS about MSU pitching. Its not gonna matter. Trust me

I do trust you. Probably not the way you are suggesting though!  ;D ;D ;D

WilsonHog

Yeah, it does look like 11:00 p.m. Gotta hope for no more rain tonight. If the current forecast holds, we would get the first game in and then the rain would set in again.

TuskDr

Now I'm hearing that it's not going to happen today. My source is not official by any means.

jry04

Quote from: TuskDr on June 04, 2017, 03:58:59 pm
Now I'm hearing that it's not going to happen today. My source is not official by any means.
Why not? No rain for hours, and sources on site are tweeting they are preparing to remove the tarp. It isn't raining, and there is a huge gap behind that system that just moved  through. I am directly north of the stadium, and it is clear for miles in the distance. Hope your source is wrong. Phil Elson said they showed signs they may remove the tarp soon, and if that is true they plan on playing. If they were calling it they would just leave it on overnight. I bet we hear something official in the next 10-15 minutes now that the rain has stopped. A stray shower or two may pop up south tonight, but as of now they are calling for most of the rain to be gone and we should have plenty of time even if this thing doesn't start til 7pm.

Mr.Swine89

4:55 fist pitch

ricepig

Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on June 04, 2017, 04:03:41 pm
4:55 fist pitch

Dang, one to the head, or to the body??

BroyledNutts

Tarp was removed at a little after 4pm

Pudgepork

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 04, 2017, 04:18:03 pm
Trap was removed at a little after 4pm

Dang, I had hoped oru starting nine would get caught

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Pudgepork on June 04, 2017, 04:21:13 pm
Dang, I had hoped oru starting nine would get caught

My life goal is to meet the guy that programs auto correct in a dark alley one day

Pudgepork

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 04, 2017, 04:23:32 pm
My life goal is to meet the guy that programs auto correct in a dark alley one day

Haha.  I hope you are successful for all of us.  Way too often I've typed in the word of choice spelled correctly and it changes when you hit enter.  The tech peeps are toying with us