Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this Bielema's Do or Die Season?

Started by HogimusMaximus, February 09, 2017, 12:58:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Win 7 games. Don't expect much from this uncommon program.

tophawg19

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2017, 02:29:18 pm
Win 7 games. Don't expect much from this uncommon program.
3 straight post seasons in 4 years . first year shouldn't count . much better than your coach anderson
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Tarheelhawg

He is not on the hot seat if he is building an 8 - 10 win season program which seems worth waiting for : stability for a change.  Look at Steve Spurrier's record at South Carolina in his 5 th year; it would have been a bad idea to fire him.  Bielema is respected by ESPN and well liked by parents of recruits.  Patience is a virture for a reason.  Rome was not built in a day.

raz1965

Stability is the backbone of a good program, Bielema needs to win a few more games and show improvement, an I hope he does for the sake of the program. It takes time to build a recruiting base, an players win games, but Bielema needs to improve as a coach on the field as well, some coaching calls have resulted in losses that could have been avoided no doubt. I do think Bielema has learned from SEC coaching and can build a top SEC program, but timing is everthing and time to show improvement is now.

LZH

ricepig

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 08:51:40 am
I agree, he should have given him a red hat to put on.

Ha! You mean like mine?

ShadowHawg

I don't think he will be let go but I think it's do or die in the sense that we will lose a lot of experience after this season. This will be his best shot to turn the corner here.

HogimusMaximus

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on February 28, 2017, 11:53:40 pm
Fire Bret now.

GO AWAY! 

He is not going anywhere as long as Jeff Long is here.  Accept that FACT and Move On Please.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MJ2

That fateful motorcycle trip a few years back seems to have effectively "wrecked" the program.   I think there are good kids on the team but I'm not convinced that the scheme will work for us in the SEC.   Leaving or staying will be entirely up to CBB since the contract is so slanted in his favor.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on February 28, 2017, 11:53:40 pm
Fire Bret now.
The fat you mention in your avatar has gone to your head. Brain cells have been crowded out by all the cholesterol carbs.

HiggiePiggy

This year can only put him on the hot seat for next year. In order for that to happen he would pretty much have to duplicate 2013. I don't see us going 3-9 with 0 wins in conference again. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Timfromlittlerockhog

Not for me. I never wanted the bozo hired to start with.

LZH

snoblind

Sed76

After last season, especially those last 2 epic collapses he has already lost some of the fan base. Have another year of squandering leads, failing to make halftime adjustments and terrible defense even his biggest supporters will have to accept it is time to move on. Hopefully he succeeds but I personally have my doubts.

LZH

Quote from: Sed76 on March 03, 2017, 12:29:11 pm
After last season, especially those last 2 epic collapses he has already lost some of the fan base. Have another year of squandering leads, failing to make halftime adjustments and terrible defense even his biggest supporters will have to accept it is time to move on. Hopefully he succeeds but I personally have my doubts.

Folks on here say that this line of thinking is only seen on Hogville...that the general population thinks he's doing fine. Well I personally don't know anyone who thinks he's doing "fine".

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 12:39:50 pm
Folks on here say that this line of thinking is only seen on Hogville...that the general population thinks he's doing fine. Well I personally don't know anyone who thinks he's doing "fine".

That's because you don't know anyone outside of Hogville.....

sickboy

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 12:39:50 pm

"Fine" is a horribly misused word. It means superb or exceptional, but is often used in vernacular as "not terrible, but not amazing".

If someone is saying that Bielema is getting superb or exceptional results. They're insane.

If someone is saying that Bielema is doing a not terrible by not amazing job... then they'd be 100% accurate, in my opinion. His results have been the definition of "fine" in the vernacular sense. And I would guess that quite a few people think Bielema is doing an average job.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2017, 12:42:15 pm
That's because you don't know anyone outside of Hogville.....

I damn sure do...I know lots of people! It's not like I said 'friends', or that any of them actually like me.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 01:06:34 pm
I damn sure do...I know lots of people! It's not like I said 'friends', or that any of them actually like me.

True, I apologize my friend...

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2017, 01:14:56 pm
True, I apologize my friend...

It's okay. No one here in Florida likes me either.

LZH

logic

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2017, 09:41:45 am
Math isn't a strong suit for you, is it? His contract is thru 2020, he's owed $17.4M if you keep him on staff until the contract expires. You can buy him out today for $15.4M, quit over thinking it.
And how much do we pay top assistant coaches?

Wildhog

Quote from: logic on March 03, 2017, 02:03:49 pm
And how much do we pay top assistant coaches?

We don't pay top assistant coaches.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sportster365

Quote from: sickboy on March 03, 2017, 12:48:52 pm
"Fine" is a horribly misused word. It means superb or exceptional, but is often used in vernacular as "not terrible, but not amazing".

If someone is saying that Bielema is getting superb or exceptional results. They're insane.

If someone is saying that Bielema is doing a not terrible by not amazing job... then they'd be 100% accurate, in my opinion. His results have been the definition of "fine" in the vernacular sense. And I would guess that quite a few people think Bielema is doing an average job.

How is 25-26 / 10-22 not terrible?

LZH

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 05:57:47 pm
Sssssmmmmaaack!

("ouch")

Lol I see you guys are still using that first season to prop up your runny noses and watery eyes.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 09, 2017, 05:12:13 am
Warm seat = unhappy AD and major boosters (the one paying his buyout)

He has more than 2 years left. That's just the amount of time til the buyout is in single digets.

2 years till his golden parachute runs out you mean

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on March 04, 2017, 03:03:18 am
Lol I see you guys are still using that first season to prop up your runny noses and watery eyes.

Spring already in FL....it's just allergies.

deedster84

So has the battle cry, "Not My Coach", started yet?

When you build something that has stability it takes awhile to get it just right. But, when it's complete it last. Some people need to have some patience and enjoy the architecture as it's being built.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: deedster84 on March 04, 2017, 04:34:42 am

When you build something that has stability it takes awhile to get it just right. But, when it's complete it last. Some people need to have some patience and enjoy the architecture as it's being built.
Nah, they want an outhouse with a gold commode.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on March 04, 2017, 03:28:45 am
2 years till his golden parachute runs out you mean

So, $7.9M is peanuts, who knew??

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 02, 2017, 08:45:12 am
Not for me. I never wanted the bozo hired to start with.
Well then I suppose that makes things even then-we never wanted to see you as a poster to start with. ;) :D :P

Peter Porker

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 03, 2017, 05:30:30 pm
How is 25-26 / 10-22 not terrible?

How can you be so critical of one coach and not the other? Who were you before you were banned in 2014?

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 27, 2015, 03:00:12 pm
This year is really the first I've been critical of MA's coaching. Much of it has been acting on impulse alone from watching a few of our games, but as I look at the broader picture and the college basketball landscape as a whole, the more I appreciate where we are right now.

It's so easy to think, that Long could simply hire a guy who'll come in, recruit well and get the ball rolling immediately. Which is highly plausible, but very risky. It's been over 20 years since we've been legitimate contenders in college basketball and 3 coaches later and we're just now reaching heights we haven't seen in 18 years. Maybe we should ride this one out and see where it leads us. I think MA has the potential to be a Razorback lifer and if time is all that is required to get us back to prominence than I'm willing to wait a couple more years.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

logic

Quote from: Wildhog on March 03, 2017, 02:20:30 pm
We don't pay top assistant coaches.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
That may have been said it is jest but unfortunately there is some truth in it.

gchamblee

Quote from: deedster84 on March 04, 2017, 04:34:42 am

Im pro CBB, but you do have to admit that the build process can be painful at times which is hard on those with little to no patience. All you can do is endure it and mock the preachers of doom. I relate it to maturity personally. There are those that can't see progress, those that refuse to see progress, and those that see it.

It is like buying/selling stock. This board is littered with people that would panic sell every time there is a dip. Those that expect a 15% return within the first 30 days and will sell if it doesn't happen. I'm more of a watch the financials and hang in there type fan. I do know if I sell now, I would just be repeating the process with a new stock and so far this stock still shows promise and there is nothing to indicate that it is a sell.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: gchamblee on March 04, 2017, 11:24:22 am
Im pro CBB, but you do have to admit that the build process can be painful at times which is hard on those with little to no patience. All you can do is endure it and mock the preachers of doom. I relate it to maturity personally. There are those that can't see progress, those that refuse to see progress, and those that see it.

It is like buying/selling stock. This board is littered with people that would panic sell every time there is a dip. Those that expect a 15% return within the first 30 days and will sell if it doesn't happen. I'm more of a watch the financials and hang in there type fan. I do know if I sell now, I would just be repeating the process with a new stock and so far this stock still shows promise and there is nothing to indicate that it is a sell.

Good analogy. Hogville is overrun with day traders that want to use everyone else's capital.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on February 25, 2017, 09:04:03 am
Ha! You mean like mine?
Quote from: gchamblee on March 04, 2017, 11:24:22 am

Just because someone's own lack of character prevents them from communicating or getting along well with others, it should not dictate how the world around them works. Eff those people, and that's that.!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

gchamblee

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 04, 2017, 04:19:21 pm
Just because someone's own lack of character prevents them from communicating or getting along well with others, it should not dictate how the world around them works. Eff those people, and that's that.!

Nobody witch hunting the football team on hogville over their hate of CBB is impacting our football program in any way. I know they think they are, and talk like they are, but they aren't.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on March 04, 2017, 05:36:50 pm
Nobody witch hunting the football team on hogville over their hate of CBB is impacting our football program in any way. I know they think they are, and talk like they are, but they aren't.

You are correct.

The one's who complain the loudest have the least invested.

Those with the power don't go to message boards to vent.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS