Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we're Bama's homecoming opponent again........

Started by ricepig, February 21, 2017, 04:44:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TUSKtimes

Quote from: gchamblee on February 22, 2017, 01:44:56 pm
Heh, those were some good games. We had our opportunities to slay the beast but we just couldn't get that killing blow to hit the mark. Code Red amplifies the bad and diminishes the good when it comes to razorback football. It is his way of rebelling against CBB being our coach.

Someone mentioned 2007 with Felix Jones and McFadden. Probably was the most miraculous of the wins in the series during the Saban era.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 22, 2017, 10:32:00 am
That's a busy a$$ 2 years lol

Not really...graduate HS, get married, have a kid (9 months) and enroll in college. Piece of cake.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

soooieman

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 22, 2017, 08:20:26 am
FOLKS.

Arkansas: 10-0 (1.000)
Mississippi State: 9-1 (.900)
Ole Miss: 8-2 (.800)
Texas A&M: 4-1 (.800)
LSU: 8-3 (.727)
Auburn: 7-3 (.700)

Saban has made the SEC west his b*tch. I would say that when you look at Alabama's schedule, us and Tennessee are the only home games in October. They aren't going to schedule a rivalry game for HC, so we're it.

Chill out. Jeez.
This!!! But the negative Nancy's love threads like this. They think they have something to pile on to until the facts are shown to them. Well done.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TDHawgs on February 21, 2017, 09:25:56 pm
Why wouldn't we be.. hate to say it, but when was the last time we beat Alabama anyway?  Too long ago I can't even remember when it was. 
think 'shula'
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

biglewhog77

PorkSoda

Quote from: TUSKtimes on February 22, 2017, 01:38:01 pm

Not how I remember it. 2010 was close enough with Mallet and company. And of course, 2014, when we looked like we forgot you guys were on our schedule. 14 to 13 is pretty close.
couldn't you guys have kept Tiffen on the roster for a few more years?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Is there some SEC rule forcing Homecoming to be held in October?  I suggest we were chosen after they decided about when, moneywise, it would be best to hold Homecoming this season.  Once that was decided, then which team is the weakest came into the picture.  Hot dog, we won that.  We #1 at something. 

We may set an all time record for attending Homecomings?  Anyone know what our record is for attending Homecomings.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 23, 2017, 05:16:22 pm

No thanks, the dark ages are behind us for now. Don't even wish that crap on anyone else. The series with Arkansas got really weird during the Shula error. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: HamSammich on February 21, 2017, 09:26:55 pm
I'll go on record now and say we will beat Bama this year as well.

It's just gonna be you and me, babe.

But in all seriousness, many seasons we have gone into the Bama game with what I think is a legitimate shot (other times, not). And I like having that feeling. (And I'll have it next season.) Take last year, I said we were going to have the better quarterback—which would give us a chance—and I was almost right. Who knew Hurts would be so good?...and like Trevor Knight, his running beat us. Austin was outstanding. Threw some picks, but also carved up Bama's D like no one else did during the regular season.

Quote from: code red on February 22, 2017, 11:50:18 am
0 for Saban ....and none of em were really close.

Not true. We should have won 3—Saban's first year, if not for Nutt's mismanagement at the end, and DMac's late concussion. Mallett's year in Fayetteville, throwing a few awful picks. We were the better team. And 2014, we lose 14-13 after fumbling through the end zone to start the game, not to mention missing extra points and field goals. Sometimes, it's like we TRY to lose to Alabama.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on February 24, 2017, 03:34:05 pm
We will win...just ask Benny and Chumlee

I'm not predicting a win over Bama. Why would you inject my name into such a prediction? Did you think you using my nme would shame me?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

reddogjcss

Well BAMA has us on same level as bottom of SEC or top of Sun Belt! Well track records says there right. Damn it

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: reddogjcss on March 02, 2017, 08:32:34 pm
Well BAMA has us on same level as bottom of SEC or top of Sun Belt! Well track records says there right. Damn it

We scheduled Ole Miss for homecoming last season.  I guess there they're on FCS level.  Hell, they might be after the NCAA gets done with them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 23, 2017, 05:16:22 pm

Hah...never get tired of this pic.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Before BAMA has to worry about us beating them at their house, they have several modes to go through.  1.  We have to try and come close enough to BAMA whereby they HAVE to play a decent game to win.  In 2014, at our house, they played horrible ball for 4 quarters and still won. So first, we have to come close enough whereby they have to play at least decent or good.  2.  Then we have to play well enough for them to have to actually dig down deep, be mentally tough and have fire in their bellies to win.  3.  We would have to play well enough for the SEC ref protection plan to kick in for BAMA.  And then, 4, we have to be playing well enough for BAMA to personally have to assure their win by feathering the refs pockets at home.  Point is BAMA has several methods of beating us even if we should improve a great deal.  I recently heard the BAMA coaching staff voted to take the reserve money set aside to purchase the refs for the Arkansas game and use it to double the ref payment for their LSU game.  So you can see what worries Saban and Company.

hogcard1964

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 03:09:01 pm
Before BAMA has to worry about us beating them at their house, they have several modes to go through.  1.  We have to try and come close enough to BAMA whereby they HAVE to play a decent game to win.  In 2014, at our house, they played horrible ball for 4 quarters and still won. So first, we have to come close enough whereby they have to play at least decent or good.  2.  Then we have to play well enough for them to have to actually dig down deep, be mentally tough and have fire in their bellies to win.  3.  We would have to play well enough for the SEC ref protection plan to kick in for BAMA.  And then, 4, we have to be playing well enough for BAMA to personally have to assure their win by feathering the refs pockets at home.  Point is BAMA has several methods of beating us even if we should improve a great deal.  I recently heard the BAMA coaching staff voted to take the reserve money set aside to purchase the refs for the Arkansas game and use it to double the ref payment for their LSU game.  So you can see what worries Saban and Company.

Bret will be here two more years, and it's a guarantee he's not going to beat Bama.  He's just not, so move on from that pipe dream.  What you need to be worrying about is how much longer Saban is going to remain there.  That's what we should be looking forward to.  Until that day, we just need to be happy with where we're at.  Bottom of the SEC West and 6-8 wins per season.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 03, 2017, 03:13:38 pm
Bret will be here two more years, and it's a guarantee he's not going to beat Bama.  He's just not, so move on from that pipe dream.  What you need to be worrying about is how much longer Saban is going to remain there.  That's what we should be looking forward to.  Until that day, we just need to be happy with where we're at.  Bottom of the SEC West and 6-8 wins per season.

We can be top 3 at times, don't sell us short, all the time.

gchamblee

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 03:09:01 pm

You had no idea what you were talking before you had an emotional breakdown. Now, you're just a comedy routine. By the way, in 2014 if we hadn't been on the field bama would have scored on every play they ran.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 03, 2017, 03:13:38 pm

So what's standing in your way?