Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why doesn't the LRSD produce Hog football recruits anymore?

Started by redleg, February 07, 2017, 03:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 09, 2017, 06:08:55 pm
OK. Note taken. The question then thus becomes is WHY can NLR turn out more football players than Little Rock number-wise proportionally speaking. I'd say there is more than one factor involved.
I played in the LRSD, before and after NLR got good. NLR didn't start getting good until LRCH started falling off. All the Little Rock Kids were going to NLR because the support and atmosphere was much better than the schools in LR. The reason why NLR, Benton, Bryant, the LR private schools, and some of the other neighboring schools have gotten so much better is because they are getting an influx of LR kids that really want to be on a good football team, so they leave the LRSD. Its sad really, but I think LRSD has put there effort in Basketball. The football coaches suck on all levels in the district.

Sweet Feet

The only decent football coach in the LRSD is Coach Moody at McClellan. And even after 2-3 years, he has shown us that all you need is a good coaching system and DISCIPLINE, and you can still crank out a good team. Hell they were beating PA at halftime in the state title game. PA just wanted to run the score up to make it look like they dominated, which honestly, they didn't

Sweet Feet

Little Rock has the highest amount of potential D1 athletes, with Pine Bluff running a close second. But the biggest reasons I see LR failing in football is lack of a good coaching system, lack of support from the community and students, and the players have no discipline on and off the field. Structure is vital.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sweet Feet on February 10, 2017, 11:32:56 am
I played in the LRSD, before and after NLR got good. NLR didn't start getting good until LRCH started falling off. All the Little Rock Kids were going to NLR because the support and atmosphere was much better than the schools in LR. The reason why NLR, Benton, Bryant, the LR private schools, and some of the other neighboring schools have gotten so much better is because they are getting an influx of LR kids that really want to be on a good football team, so they leave the LRSD. Its sad really, but I think LRSD has put there effort in Basketball. The football coaches suck on all levels in the district.

Some truth in your post. Ask yourself though WHY such a proliferation of good football in the suburbs and private schools.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

redleg

I saw where Parkview has hired former NLR coach Brad Bolding. He had turned NLR into a great team before his downfall. If he can do the same for Parkview, the LRSD might have a couple of contenders in two or three years if McClellan can keep it going.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Youngsta71701

They don't have the youth programs to keep them out of trouble until they get to high school. Some of the best football players in Central Arkansas are either walking the streets, walking the hallways, or playing basketball.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ricepig

Quote from: redleg on February 10, 2017, 12:15:39 pm
I saw where Parkview has hired former NLR coach Brad Bolding. He had turned NLR into a great team before his downfall. If he can do the same for Parkview, the LRSD might have a couple of contenders in two or three years if McClellan can keep it going.
:razorback:

I doubt he will have the "resources" at PV. I figure it's just a job until he can get a better opportunity.

DeltaBoy

It a mess and it will take a giant effort to turn it around.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.