Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB was right when he went White.

Started by HamSammich, February 05, 2017, 09:23:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

My favorite RB of the last 15 years has been James White... I'm so glad to see that the country is about to recognize. I followed this kid since high school. He kicked this Superbowl's ass. Good job CBB.

HamSammich

Btw this post was before white just won the Super Bowl.

arkmark

Ham agree with you 110%.  Not a lot of carries but when he ran they counted big time.  And, 14 catches with two for TD's and another by running, that was an MVP performance no doubt.  Don't question Brady getting the trophy but once in a while it can go to someone other than the "superstar."

clutch

Quote from: arkmark on February 06, 2017, 10:17:52 am
Ham agree with you 110%.  Not a lot of carries but when he ran they counted big time.  And, 14 catches with two for TD's and another by running, that was an MVP performance no doubt.  Don't question Brady getting the trophy but once in a while it can go to someone other than the "superstar."

Definitely an MVP worthy performance, but when your QB throws for 466 yards and carves up the defense like a surgeon in the 4th qt and OT while leading his team to the greatest comeback ever he's the MVP. Any other scenario, and White deserves it I think.

jm

Quote from: arkmark on February 06, 2017, 10:17:52 am

I thought they won in spite of Brady. One pick six and at least one throw that should have been picked does not make an MVP in my opinion. White was really good all day and one could even make an arguement for Flowers, but we all know that the MVP is really just awarded to the QB for the winning team most of the time.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jm on February 06, 2017, 12:30:10 pm

I thought they won in spite of Brady. One pick six and at least one throw that should have been picked does not make an MVP in my opinion. White was really good all day and one could even make an arguement for Flowers, but we all know that the MVP is really just awarded to the QB for the winning team most of the time.

I'm pretty sure the 466 yards and 2 TD passes helped them win the game also. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LA Football fan

When Brady was making plays while under duress most of the night, it has to go to him.   Even passes that were broken up were mostly right on target.  Had several hit his receivers right in the hands only to have the dbs knock the ball loose before the catch was completed.   He was having to throw into tight windows most all night.  Even the pick six was right on target, just an exceptional play by the db to break on the ball.   White definitely played a part but it was Brady that was swinging the passes to him right on time and in stride to give him the ability to make YAC.   Take Brady out of that game and NE loses.  Take White out and let Brady throw to another back and NE still has a chance to win.  That is why he is the MVP. 

clutch

Brady was under a ton of pressure early. He also had a lot of well thrown balls dropped in the first half.

code red

Won in spite of Brady?? What??  Dude went over 90 yards to tie and 75 for the win....lol.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

Quote from: clutch on February 06, 2017, 01:49:41 pm
Brady was under a ton of pressure early. He also had a lot of well thrown balls dropped in the first half.

He had a lot of mis fires in the first half. He willed his team to victory in the second.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawkhawg

Haters gonna hate.

hawgfan4life

gchamblee

lol

Tarheelhawg

You are aware that the only quarterback — to win five Super Bowl rings, and the only player to win them all playing for one team, is Tom Brady.  You could argue that it was a fluke or that the Patriots have great fans but what a coincidence.  Brady was there for all five superbowl victories. 

hamsam

This has to qualify as one of the silliest things ever written in the history of man...
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

HamSammich

Quote from: hamsam on February 06, 2017, 10:28:11 pm
This has to qualify as one of the silliest things ever written in the history of man...

I'll be honest I can see JMs point. Brady wasn't sharp in this game to me either.... still turned out a hellova performance.

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: HamSammich on February 05, 2017, 09:23:20 pm
My favorite RB of the last 15 years has been James White... I'm so glad to see that the country is about to recognize. I followed this kid since high school. He kicked this Superbowl's ass. Good job CBB.
Quote from: HamSammich on February 06, 2017, 11:25:52 pm
I'll be honest I can see JMs point. Brady wasn't sharp in this game to me either.... still turned out a hellova performance.
Far out! So Brady was not sharp.  He was a champion that carried his team on his back and  led the team to the game winning TD in the OT.  Yes , White made a great determined td run but Brady undeniably led his team to Victory!!!  He is the greatest  F....!!!  QB to date!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: clutch on February 06, 2017, 12:23:44 pm
Definitely an MVP worthy performance, but when your QB throws for 466 yards and carves up the defense like a surgeon in the 4th qt and OT while leading his team to the greatest comeback ever he's the MVP. Any other scenario, and White deserves it I think.
Bingo....there is the Leading Men Category (ie, Best Actor) and then there's the Secondary Category (ie, Best Supporting Actor)...to have given anyone else but Brady 'the Leading Man' using OSCAR terms would have been a joke, now Mr White was perfectly suited for Best SUPPORTING Actor
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LJHOG

Man think how great it would be if CBB could win in the SEC.  At least he loves the helmet.  I think.

TushCrush

James White is a great value priced RB in Daily Fantasy Football on Fanduel and especially Draft Kings (which scores PPR higher).
Been playing him for several years.