Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this why teams are wanting an extra assistant coach?

Started by Porked Tongue, February 03, 2017, 08:59:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

I saw two P5 teams fill position coach spots yesterday breaking Bielema's 3rd law of coaching physics that you must wait 2 weeks after NSD to hire from the outside. 

Right now in reality we are down 1, in perception we are down 2, and if the 10th coach is allowed we would be down 3.

There is no need to wait to hire at least 1 if not 2 assistants.  The coaching talent pool out there is not deep and the longer you wait the harder it is to hire quality assistants because talent does not stay on the open market long.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogcard1964

Just how Gus broke in, he returns the favor:

Report: auburn set to hire recruit's high school coach.

Auburn signed 16 new recruits on Wednesday, including Markaviest Bryant, a 4-star weak-side defensive end out of Crisp County (Cordele, Ga.). Bryant's coach at Crisp County was Shelton Felton, who looks to be heading to the Plains as well.

Jay G. Tate of Auburn Sports is reporting that Auburn plans to hire Felton as a defensive analyst. Tate's report caught the attention of some media members who note that Felton's hire would be in violation of a proposed rule.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-auburn-plans-hire-recruits-hs-coach-despite-proposed-ban/

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 03, 2017, 10:25:20 am
We're waiting on completion of the Superbowl in order to talk with the highly coveted equipment managers.
You don't like him we get it but why be a D-bag on every post? It seems you used to post some thoughtful ideas and opinions, but now you are just eye roll and keep scrolling.

oldhawg

Nothing new.  Has been going on a long time, and will continue in one form or another, regardless of any new rules.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 03, 2017, 10:09:20 am
I saw two P5 teams fill position coach spots yesterday breaking Bielema's 3rd law of coaching physics that you must wait 2 weeks after NSD to hire from the outside. 

Right now in reality we are down 1, in perception we are down 2, and if the 10th coach is allowed we would be down 3.

There is no need to wait to hire at least 1 if not 2 assistants.  The coaching talent pool out there is not deep and the longer you wait the harder it is to hire quality assistants because talent does not stay on the open market long.

I didn't know coaches had to be unemployed to be interviewed or hired.  Thanks for the info though

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 03, 2017, 11:16:04 am
I didn't know coaches had to be unemployed to be interviewed or hired.  Thanks for the info though

Don't know how you inferred that from my post.  If you referring to my comment on coaching talent it has nothing to do with being unemployed.  There is just not a lot of quality coaching talent out there willing to move if they don't have to.  It's why we have the EMU and Fred Samford.  Typically the longer you wait the more difficult it is to hire quality because it's in high demand.  He may have someone in mind or verbal agreement and that's great as long as it's an upgrade.  Just don't try to sell me on another Mr FCS or assistant to the assistant when you waited til the Spring Solstice and that's the best you could do.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 03, 2017, 08:59:39 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-auburn-plans-hire-recruits-hs-coach-despite-proposed-ban/

That nose picker is giving football a black eye...

But seriously, maybe the nose picker will have a difference coach each year depending on what player is targeted.  Just looking at the face makes me think he's got something up his sleeve, besides a booger.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 03, 2017, 12:40:54 pm
56-3 certainly seemed like we were the ones getting the black eye.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" comes to mind.

Auburn has a fan following... and a fan forum.  you should join them