Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

unsure what to put for subject. Creative ideas to pry away top coaches if needed

Started by koreaben, December 31, 2016, 10:52:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

koreaben

I know there is no coaching vacancy at the moment, and I am generally not one for playing the "what if" when there is no vacancy, but what do you think the Razorback Foundation and the major donors are willing to pay for upgrades in various coaching positions?  In that regard, and getting creative to pry some of the top talents away from the "power schools" at the moment, here are a few thoughts.  Is it too much $ or too out there?
Could Arkansas offer someone like Brent Venables (who else?) 1,500,000 - 2,000,000/year and then get creative with other aspects?  For example: Top 30 defense=250,000, Top 20 defense=500,000, Top 10 defense=1,000,000 bonus? 
Longer-term contract with a high buyout could also be an additional perk to get someone like this in in the program.  4 or 5-year contract with a buyout protection of salary amount/year that doesn't drop below 5,000,000 buyout for for the entire 5 years gets him security and incentive to leave his current job.  If he completes the 5 years, he gets an additional bonus of 2,000,000?  Or more, I don't know? 
Something like this could apply to a variety of position coaches as needed.  A little something extra above and beyond base salary to entice the coaches, position or coordinators, to leave their current "good" situation as needed.
Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.