Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many people want Bielema fired now????

Started by Hogtied85, December 29, 2016, 09:36:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 29, 2016, 10:18:03 pm
No point getting worked up about a decision that's not mine to make.  I enjoy watching the razorbacks play every fall . It doesn't matter who the coach is....
it does if it the likes of "smiley"..............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HogTakes

Yep. It's time for Bielema to go, as many have expressed. Back-to-back blown 3-TD leads are inexcusable and show his incompetence. He's also underachieved each of the last two seasons and claims to be a disciplinarian, but his players have been the opposite. He's a football version of john pelphrey.

With that said, who do you think we could get if we COULD afford his buyout? I think that much of a buyout requires a home run hire and would target the following:

1) Chip Kelly: The 49ers are a disaster and the Eagles were no better. Kelly needs to get back into college football and even though his reputation has taken a hit in recent years, there's little doubt he could put a fun/electrifying offense on the field. I think he has what it takes to win 8 or more games consistently and make a run here and there like Bobby could.
2) Doug Marrone: He's been a NFL guy most of his career, but I'm not sure he's seen as a quality head coach candidate there after his fallout with Buffalo. His offensive mindedness and the success he has had in the NFL (and at Syracuse as a head coach) could translate well in the SEC.
3) P.J. Fleck: Somehow, he's remained at WMU so far, but he could be a bit of a steal, especially if he beats Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. He likely wouldn't break the bank like a NFL guy, either.
4) Dowell Loggains: A former Razorback who has said his dream job would be to coach at Arkansas. Today, he's the Bears offensive coordinator and has done a good job of making a star out of RB Jordan Howard and utilizing Matt Barkley well. Chicago has a lot of uncertainty, but Loggains is a good offensive mind who may be able to put up points and make good use of the talent we have available on offense next season (Austin or Cole Kelley, Devwah and Rawleigh, Deon and Jared Cornelius, all TEs, etc.).
5) Brent Venables: A lot of unknowns, but we know he is a heck of a defensive coach and it would be nice to not get gashed by nearly every offense in the country.

Who else do you think we could target that would make Bret's buyout worth it?

root_hawg

goneal

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 29, 2016, 09:41:50 pm
Go talk to them and convince them, then...

It's not his job to go convince them. its your boy Jeff Long's job to do something about it. Your''re a typical Razorback fanboy apologist.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Believe it or not, im seeing more good than bad with this team. We'll build on to the success es of the first halves and we'll be on track. Next year will be terrific.

taylorb1031

Quote from: goneal on December 29, 2016, 10:39:23 pm
It's not his job to go convince them. its your boy Jeff Long's job to do something about it. Your''re a typical Razorback fanboy apologist.

Probably an Obama supporter too.

These are the type of people that still support CBB even though he has proven time and time again he's not up to the job and he's running our football program into the ground.

They like CBB personally and couldn't care less if the team wins or not just like Obama supporters still support him even though he ran the country into the ground.

They are very ignorant people who ruin good things because they only care about feel goods.

HogTakes

This post just made me vomit.

Quote from: taylorb1031 on December 29, 2016, 10:49:55 pm

These are the type of people that still support CBB even though he has proven time and time again he's not up to the job and he's running our football program into the ground.

They like CBB personally and couldn't care less if the team wins or not just like Obama supporters still support him even though he ran the country into the ground.

They are very ignorant people who ruin good things because they only care about feel goods.

BigSexyHog

He sucks and so does his Moron friend Rob Smith
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Tortfeasor

And hire who? Who was lined up to take the job when CBB was hired? I'll wait for the list of names.

I'm not saying he is great but just being a realist.

Atlhogfan1

Not asking to fire him.  But don't think he lasts much longer.   Took wrong job at wrong time.  Dead man walking now which doesn't help recruiting. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JOKERHOG

Quote from: swinestein on December 29, 2016, 10:11:33 pm
If he has any kind of self respect he would step down and decline the 15 million due to lack of production. It's obvious he's in over his head. Just go away! But then I don't trust Jeff Long to make a competent hire either. When JL was firing Bobby and outing him for what he had done, so many people bragged on him for doing the right thing. Oh really? So what were you doing all of that time while Bobby had a girlfriend? Huh little Jeffie? You should have been canned at the same time!

He had to know about JD but put on quite a show and definitely benefited from the firing.  I can assure you, Becky Petrino and Jeff Long knew about JD long before the "motorcyle accident". 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

reddogjcss

If Coach B stays he needs to clean house on the coaching staff at least on defensive side.

taylorb1031

lasthog

I am willing to give him another year or two, but only if he loses those darn helmet stickers.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Cannot back him up any longer.

I thought bielema was our guy but he's just a guy. Nothing special.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

taylorb1031

Pecos Hog

Needs to go.   Why prolong the suffering?   Just get it over with.      I'm done with him.

Pig In The City

Quote from: HamSammich on December 29, 2016, 09:38:43 pm
Jeff long.... I don't trust him to make a hire... if you do you are a fool

We get it. You hate Jeff Long

Pig In The City

He gets one more year regardless of what fans want. Unless we get lucky and he bails first.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 29, 2016, 09:41:14 pm
CBB is a nice guy but as I have said, it was a mistake to hire him. He was a systems coach at Wisconsin in the Alvarez system. He won 9.7 games a year during his seven years there but since he has left, Wisconsin has averaged 10 wins a season (slightly higher than with CBB) under two other coaches. He was completely unproven outside the Alvarez system but now has proven not to be much of a coach on his own. I have no doubt he will get two more years but unless we hire Alvarez as our AD I doubt anything will change.

He made a mistake too. Took wrong job at wrong time. 

I don't think he would disagree with anything you said.

Still doubt he gets fired but don't believe he will be at Arkansas much longer.  He is too young and still has an opportunity to salvage his career.  With next season's schedule having road games at Bama, OM and LSU + the A&M in Dallas thing, hard to see him pushing 9-10 wins.  I don't think he came here to have a ceiling of 7-8 wins.  We know that isn't our program's ceiling.

He and his agent should be working it to where he does something like replace Snyder at K State.  Or takes a job at a USF or UCF where he could win.  After a few seasons there when he is in his early 50s and moved past this Arkansas experiment, he may could get a shot again. 

He has done some good things here in building a foundation.  It is better than when he got it.  Just too much to overcome, has had too many bad losses and followed a coach who gave a small but vocal portion of the fan base the false idea that the program had been built to avg 10 wins a season.  Bielema underestimated what he was getting into when he decided to pursue this job. 

We actually had some good things happen this season.  Win at TCU.  The game winning drive vs Ole Miss before OM collapsed.  The Florida win.  RWIII's successful return.  Just can't have the Mizzou second half, VT second half or 56-3. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TNRazorbacker

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HogTakes on December 29, 2016, 10:27:36 pm
Yep. It's time for Bielema to go, as many have expressed. Back-to-back blown 3-TD leads are inexcusable and show his incompetence. He's also underachieved each of the last two seasons and claims to be a disciplinarian, but his players have been the opposite. He's a football version of john pelphrey.

With that said, who do you think we could get if we COULD afford his buyout? I think that much of a buyout requires a home run hire and would target the following:

1) Chip Kelly: The 49ers are a disaster and the Eagles were no better. Kelly needs to get back into college football and even though his reputation has taken a hit in recent years, there's little doubt he could put a fun/electrifying offense on the field. I think he has what it takes to win 8 or more games consistently and make a run here and there like Bobby could.
2) Doug Marrone: He's been a NFL guy most of his career, but I'm not sure he's seen as a quality head coach candidate there after his fallout with Buffalo. His offensive mindedness and the success he has had in the NFL (and at Syracuse as a head coach) could translate well in the SEC.
3) P.J. Fleck: Somehow, he's remained at WMU so far, but he could be a bit of a steal, especially if he beats Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. He likely wouldn't break the bank like a NFL guy, either.
4) Dowell Loggains: A former Razorback who has said his dream job would be to coach at Arkansas. Today, he's the Bears offensive coordinator and has done a good job of making a star out of RB Jordan Howard and utilizing Matt Barkley well. Chicago has a lot of uncertainty, but Loggains is a good offensive mind who may be able to put up points and make good use of the talent we have available on offense next season (Austin or Cole Kelley, Devwah and Rawleigh, Deon and Jared Cornelius, all TEs, etc.).
5) Brent Venables: A lot of unknowns, but we know he is a heck of a defensive coach and it would be nice to not get gashed by nearly every offense in the country.

Who else do you think we could target that would make Bret's buyout worth it?

Kelly would be a fool to take our job.  He could get a better and less risky job.

Same for Fleck.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 09:44:09 pm
Should've been fired after the first season.

No, but it's past time now.

...and Jeff Long is a moron.  This is the guy responsible for this hire.

MountainHomeHogger

I don't want to see him fired, but I do want the strength coach fired and also the DC fired!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 08:08:51 am
He made a mistake too. Took wrong job at wrong time. 

I don't think he would disagree with anything you said.

Still doubt he gets fired but don't believe he will be at Arkansas much longer.  He is too young and still has an opportunity to salvage his career.  With next season's schedule having road games at Bama, OM and LSU + the A&M in Dallas thing, hard to see him pushing 9-10 wins.  I don't think he came here to have a ceiling of 7-8 wins.  We know that isn't our program's ceiling.

He and his agent should be working it to where he does something like replace Snyder at K State.  Or takes a job at a USF or UCF where he could win.  After a few seasons there when he is in his early 50s and moved past this Arkansas experiment, he may could get a shot again. 

He has done some good things here in building a foundation.  It is better than when he got it.  Just too much to overcome, has had too many bad losses and followed a coach who gave a small but vocal portion of the fan base the false idea that the program had been built to avg 10 wins a season.  Bielema underestimated what he was getting into when he decided to pursue this job. 

We actually had some good things happen this season.  Win at TCU.  The game winning drive vs Ole Miss before OM collapsed.  The Florida win.  RWIII's successful return.  Just can't have the Mizzou second half, VT second half or 56-3.

Unless Snyder announces his retirement, I see no out. You are right, though; Bret has to see the clock ticking on his time at Arkansas.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 30, 2016, 08:18:16 am
Unless Snyder announces his retirement, I see no out. You are right, though; Bret has to see the clock ticking on his time at Arkansas.

I'm guessing Snyder has a couple of seasons left.  BB wins 7or8 a season here over the next couple and perhaps he can sell himself to a program like that or one of those AAC programs where winning is possible.  Certainly if he gets a 9 win season at Arkansas, his agent has to be shopping him.

Hollywood_HOGan45

A shame to start the process and rebuild over again but this guy just doesn't have it.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: MountainHomeHogger on December 30, 2016, 08:15:50 am
I don't want to see him fired, but I do want the strength coach fired and also the DC fired!

Are you giving the Offense a pass?  It seems to me that Enos failed in responding to VT's halftime adjustments.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig In The City on December 30, 2016, 07:35:33 am
He gets one more year regardless of what fans want. Unless we get lucky and he bails first.

Probably correct in him being safe for 2017. But, contrary to what some claim, his seat is warming up quickly. When the Big $ boys have seen enough and offer to help with offset buyout, he's gone.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 30, 2016, 08:26:18 am
A shame to start the process and rebuild over again but this guy just doesn't have it.

Well we would be starting from a better position so it wouldn't be a complete rebuild.  BB fixed some things.  We have some depth at some positions like QB and RB for the next couple of seasons.  Have began recruiting oline as we should have from the start.  Have a player like Agim 2 more seasons.  Academics are certainly in order. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 30, 2016, 08:28:44 am
Are you giving the Offense a pass?  It seems to me that Enos failed in responding to VT's halftime adjustments.

The honeymoon with Enos has been over as far as I'm concerned since the red zone failures at A&M.  Can't fault him though for Morgan's mistakes especially the fumble out of the endzone. 

TrueBlue

We don't need a buyout when need some breaking news!

We need some type of scandal and quick!

Maybe Sprinkle will say that CBB asked him to get a few extra things for the new baby?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: goneal on December 29, 2016, 10:39:23 pm
He is not "my boy". I say get rid of the lot of them, but you gotta come up with the money to do so. We live in a reality based on the almighty dollar, bro.

You, sir, are an idiot. There are so many problems with your post I don't know where to start.

TrueBlue

Enos is the most overrated coach we have ever had. He is NOT the offensive genius everyone makes him out to be.

HoginIllinois

Quote from: Pecos Hog on December 30, 2016, 12:00:59 am
Needs to go.   Why prolong the suffering?   Just get it over with.      I'm done with him.

Post of the year!!!!!

TrueBlue

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 30, 2016, 08:32:27 am

You, sir, are an idiot. There are so many problems with your post I don't know where to start.

Kind-of harsh but actually I think he hits the nail on the head with the Obama comparison.

HamIAm

wow, what a troll.  Hat's off man.  Most people would stop at just trying to get people mad over the game. You took your game to another level by injecting the presidential election into the mix.  Hat's off.   

mlloyd4

I don't want Bielema fired, but somebody on the staff probably should be fired.
WPS

Bebop

He should be fired. Cut the dead weight and move on.

Athog

Quote from: Dirty on December 29, 2016, 09:41:08 pm
Wal-Mart , Tyson, JB Hunt..there is 18 million right there

Are you speaking for them? Only a fool spends
Others money!!

Drop the Mike

Quote from: Dirty on December 29, 2016, 09:41:08 pm
Wal-Mart , Tyson, JB Hunt..there is 18 million right there

And the reason those companies are so successful is they don't throw their money away on crap like, buying out local sports teams coaches contracts.

GoHogzzGo

Time for him to go if we have a good replacement. Very easy to go from the kettle to the fire, and I'm not interested in that. CBB at least has us middle pack. Hire a Houston Nutt and here comes a 4 win season again.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

pfrg999

BigBert has 2 more maybe 3 unless he leaves on his own.. Maybe he fires his pet Yes men, I mean Assistants.. Offense was ok, O line was bad, D line was bad Linebackers were bad, special teams were bad, QB play was Pretty good, Defense overall achieved lows never seen before at Arkansas... If he doesn't clean house well, Start flying Banners and just stay home and watch on TV...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

alohawg

December 30, 2016, 09:46:48 am #97 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:38:54 am by alohawg
Fire the blowhard.......and Bielema too. 17 million buyout  :-\ idiots
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Pig Worshipper

I'm done with Bielema as coach of the Razorbacks. As much as I hate to admit it, Houston Nutt was a better SEC-caliber coach than Bielema.

I wish him well, like him personally very much, but will be happy when he is sent packing in two years.

longtimeHogfan

If there was ever a coach that might resign and walk away from the $'s just because it'd be the right thing to do after the debacle that was the Hog's season, CBB just might be that coach.  But I don't think he will. 

I've been a fan since the early 60's and I'm glad the season's over.  Auburn, Missouri, VA. Tech....just too much for me to stomach.  I don't know how or what to do to begin righting the ship, but the buck stops with the head coach.  I hold him directly responsible.

10 'W's next year, coach.  Nothing else is acceptable.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.