Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whatever it takes

Started by Bacon_Bitz, November 18, 2016, 12:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

After studying the stats, film, and Hogville's expert's posts, I've decided there is only one way to win against Mississippi State this weekend: absolutely sell out to stop the run.  Nine in the box on first.  Run blitzes by CBs on early downs.  Some slightly exotic defensive fronts that guess where the run is going to.  Completely sell out to stop the run.  We may have to leave one safety in the back covering the deep ball a lot this game but that's what it's going to take.  Because if we run the same old vanilla defense and rely on our defensive line and LBers to get stops all by themselves, it's gonna be the same old death by a thousand efficient runs w/ the occasional long touchdown run that we've seen from this D all year.  Coaches have got to trust Collins and Pulley with single safety help against Ross and Gray, but that's a matchup the D is much more likely to win than the alternative of trying to stop yet another very good running offense with a mobile QB.

PorkRinds

Make them beat us with the pass. If they can, so be it.

go hogues

The deck is stacked against us this weekend, no doubt about it. They have all the intangibles in their favor.

I'm predicting a shockingly lopsided loss at the hands of the team that lost to South Alabama.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pig in the Pokey

Yeah, Im on board. We are going to get sucked in by the PA pass all day but that doesn't mean he'll complete them all. In fact, he may get picked trying. I'd blitz so much he'd be having to make the 'hot read' all damn day. Unless we can get them to 3rd n long, then i would break out the umbrella.

Biggest thing is, we need to score about 30+/
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RazorbackBassist

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Lake City Hog

How many of you believe that we will come out with 8 or 9 in the box?

How many of you believe that we will come out in our standard base D?

Danny J

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2016, 09:04:27 am
How many of you believe that we will come out with 8 or 9 in the box?

How many of you believe that we will come out in our standard base D?
Latter...

trashcan maN

Lots of fear in this thread