Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uniforms Tomorrow!

Started by The_Iceman, November 04, 2016, 09:02:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Potosihog

I don't care if the wear all yellow. Just win

PorkRinds

I'll be the old man here and say that I hate it.  Wear red and white.

factchecker

Like it but they should make the face mask red.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The_Iceman

Dominicanhog

Don't really like it, but if the team does, so be it.. just win baby and I'll love it...

jgphillips3

I don't like them but I don't have to wear them.  Just win...

DLUXHOG

Okay, Fine... just hope they don't say "Akransas".........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Torqued pork

With two weeks to thiink about 56-3 and new unis to wear I'm expecting nothing less than a memorable butt kicking by the Hogs.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If they were going to change up the uniforms, I would have preferred they do a 1982 throwback honoring the last time we beat Florida.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogs run wild

if it motivates them to play good then do it every weekend. i kind of like them myself.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

rljjr

This athletic program is making poor judgment call after poor judgment call.

AugustaHog

Not a good look.  The helmet does look better than the last time we wore the anthracite though.  Who cares what they wear though as long as they win.  If they get stomped these things need to be burned.  If they smoke UF, break em back out vs. LSU.  Whatever the players want (within reason).

buldozer

Whatever it takes is my attitude, but black is not the razorbacks color and will just be another thing fans gripe about if the hogs get beat

popcornhog

Quote from: Karma on November 04, 2016, 09:05:44 am

Get off my lawn!

I prefer red and white too, but I'll take winning in orange and green -- just win.
WPS

83grad

I'll take a knee when they run out on the field.  Just kidding....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 04, 2016, 09:10:14 am
Okay, Fine... just hope they don't say "Akransas".........

That's really all that can be said of that.
This is my non-signature signature.

k.c.hawg

Don't especially care for it. I know the players love getting to change it up. I think they would look a lot better if they were the uni's we wore when we kicked Florida's arse.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Wildhog

Not really a fan of the anthracite, but whatever.  Just beat Florida.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

I personally like the red on red uniforms the best.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 04, 2016, 09:59:21 am

Yeah, I would have made Florida wear their home uni's and broken out the red chrome helmets and all white uni's.

GO

I kind of like the look. Now if they could just help them set the edge.

BigSexyHog

Don't care what they wear as long as they win.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

When I saw the word anthracite I was like  :puke:

But when I saw the new updated version and those slick new helmets, I fell in love with it. Almost as cool as those chrome red helmets from the liberty bowl
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

tolerati

Not a big fan of the new unis....Wish we would stick with the school colors. 
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Wildhog on November 04, 2016, 09:59:21 am
On the bright side, this anthracite looks a LOT better than the last time around
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rzrbkman

Quote from: tolerati on November 04, 2016, 10:06:18 am
Not a big fan of the new unis....Wish we would stick with the school colors.

+1.

HawginFL1991

Quote from: GO on November 04, 2016, 10:02:11 am
I kind of like the look. Now if they could just help them set the edge.

+1

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawghiggs

So we are reduced to stealing Texas Techs jersey's ?  Damn! I guess Auburn not only beat the heck out of us. But they stole are clothes too.

goodguytex

Quote from: Karma on November 04, 2016, 09:05:44 am
This

RedyorNot

go hogues

This should push the line even further in UF's favor. Anthracite (see: gimmick) means certain loss.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2016, 10:32:12 am
Hogs are wearing black to mourn the death of the women's basketball program.

I lol'ed

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 83grad on November 04, 2016, 09:53:28 am
I'll take a knee when they run out on the field.  Just kidding....
KOD is back !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hoghearted

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 04, 2016, 10:00:56 am
I personally like the red on red uniforms the best.

me too. They don't wear it often enough, IMO.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The_Iceman

Quote from: hoghearted on November 04, 2016, 11:00:43 am
me too. They don't wear it often enough, IMO.

I just think the red pants look better than the white with the red jerseys.

ricepig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2016, 11:08:43 am
Are we the Arkansas Red Raiders or the Texas Tech Razorbacks. I can't figure it out.

If that's your determining factor on deciding, well........

Dwight_K_Shrute

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me if you think it does not make a difference.

In practice, spring, preseason, in season etc, they always wear red helmets.  Practice is about doing something over and over again til you get it right or until it becomes instinct or second nature.

As a QB when looking for your open receivers what do you look for?  Possibly a red helmet?  Everything is happening so fast that you don't want to take time to think or figure out who you receiver is, you instinctively know it's the guy in the red.

Does changing the uniforms/helmets up mess with a QB in terms of instinctively knowing where his guys are being able to find the open man etc.  Even if having grey helmets only causes a few tenths of a second delay isn't that enough to throw off a timing pattern or create an INT?

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogcard1964

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 04, 2016, 11:13:00 am
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me if you think it does not make a difference.

In practice, spring, preseason, in season etc, they always wear red helmets.  Practice is about doing something over and over again til you get it right or until it becomes instinct or second nature.

As a QB when looking for your open receivers what do you look for?  Possibly a red helmet?  Everything is happening so fast that you don't want to take time to think or figure out who you receiver is, you instinctively know it's the guy in the red.

Does changing the uniforms/helmets up mess with a QB in terms of instinctively knowing where his guys are being able to find the open man etc.  Even if having grey helmets only causes a few tenths of a second delay isn't that enough to throw off a timing pattern or create an INT?

It must have bothered both QB's in the Bama game..........

elksnort

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 04, 2016, 09:28:33 am
If they were going to change up the uniforms, I would have preferred they do a 1982 throwback honoring the last time we beat Florida.
This^^^^^. Those uniforms look like crap. Now, if we lose tomorrow, we will have looked like crap also.

Sorry, I sound negative. Go with the 1964 throwbacks. Those uniforms are great.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 10:01:07 am
Yeah, I would have made Florida wear their home uni's and broken out the red chrome helmets and all white uni's.
Actually this is not a bad idea.

King Kong

They look great. Hopefully we can break our terrible record with uniform changes

HogFries

3kgthog

Red chrome > anything anthracite