Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So after we get kicked out of SEC

Started by parallaxpig, March 28, 2017, 04:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Do we play an independent schedule. Maybe join the sunbelt  ???
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

MNHogFan

The longer they meet in Little Rock the crazier the bills get. Time for someone to pull the plug on these dummies and sent them back home to their caves.

NuttinItUp

010HogFan

This whole thing needs to be squashed right away.

phadedhawg

NuttinItUp

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 28, 2017, 05:02:10 pm

He is talking about the gun bill. There are threats to kick us out of the SEC if it passes.

parallaxpig

Look on bright side people could stop bitching about playing cupcake non conference cuz that would be our total schedule.....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

Now a down side would be a $140 mil stadium expansion for an additional 1400 seats that no one will buy. 

Tusks

Looks like the rootin, tootin and always shootin, B12
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GoHogs1091

Quote from: MNHogFan on March 28, 2017, 04:57:37 pm
The longer they meet in Little Rock the crazier the bills get. Time for someone to pull the plug on these dummies and sent them back home to their caves.

A lot of them have a R by their name.

Similar to the "hot garbage" nonsense that is going on in Washington D.C., particularly the R's in the House of Representatives and Don in the Oval Office.

parallaxpig

Another up side is this would end the playing Ark St issue cuz we would have a home and home with them.

1longshot

I'm about sick of liberals making a basic American right a deal breaker bargaining chip.  I doubt they ever go and let people actually have their gun in a sporting event, but if they did the presence of alcohol still makes it violate the constraints of a concealed permit.  It's time liberals accept that Americans have rights whether they like it or not instead of grandstanding and gratifying their ignorance.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 1longshot on March 28, 2017, 05:20:08 pm
I'm about sick of liberals making a basic American right a deal breaker bargaining chip.  I doubt they ever go and let people actually have their gun in a sporting event, but if they did the presence of alcohol still makes it violate the constraints of a concealed permit.  It's time liberals accept that Americans have rights whether they like it or not instead of grandstanding and gratifying their ignorance.
wait, so its the liberals fault that republicans are pushing an idiotic bill?

a bill that is a revision of a previous bill that allowed universities to opt out (which 100% did) so now they are passing a bill that does not allow them to opt out.

gotta love "freedom loving" republicans telling everyone what to do.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 28, 2017, 05:13:24 pm

Similar to the "hot garbage" nonsense that is going on in Washington D.C., particularly the R's in the House of Representatives and Don in the Oval Office.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 1longshot on March 28, 2017, 05:20:08 pm

One of the biggest liberals to ever occupy the White house led us to the precipice of victory in WWII and had four terms as President and would have been the one there for the final victory if not for dying. Why some people think all Liberals hate guns and all Conservatives have a room full of them is dumbfounding.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 29, 2017, 07:07:02 am
One of the biggest liberals to ever occupy the White house led us to the precipice of victory in WWII and had four terms as President and would have been the one there for the final victory if not for dying. Why some people think all Liberals hate guns and all Conservatives have a room full of them is dumbfounding.

Things have changed a lot since the 1940s, brother.  Democrats, particularly southern Democrats, aren't what they were then.  Social issues weren't what defined your political leanings as much then as they are now.  Also, there wasn't as much extremism then, on either side of the fence. 

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 29, 2017, 08:11:02 am
Things have changed a lot since the 1940s, brother.  Democrats, particularly southern Democrats, aren't what they were then.  Social issues weren't what defined your political leanings as much then as they are now.  Also, there wasn't as much extremism then, on either side of the fence. 

Due to the war and coming out of the Great Depression there was practically zero extremism with either side. But there were liberals and conservatives. They simply were able to compromise more back then and did so for a few decades afterwards as well. Of course things have changed a lot. That doesn't mean he wasn't very Liberal because he was. That era is when a LOT of the social programs and them becoming more of a political tool happened. It carried over and continued practically unabated through Kennedy and Johnson. Things became more extreme when people finally woke up and realized at some point someone had to pay for all that. By then though some social programs were so ingrained in our country nobody could risk political suicide by opposing them.

My Grandfather was a staunch Southern Democrat as his job basically depended on it. I promise IF he were alive today he would not be a Democrat.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 29, 2017, 02:03:46 pm
Due to the war and coming out of the Great Depression there was practically zero extremism with either side. But there were liberals and conservatives. They simply were able to compromise more back then and did so for a few decades afterwards as well. Of course things have changed a lot. That doesn't mean he wasn't very Liberal because he was. That era is when a LOT of the social programs and them becoming more of a political tool happened. It carried over and continued practically unabated through Kennedy and Johnson. Things became more extreme when people finally woke up and realized at some point someone had to pay for all that. By then though some social programs were so ingrained in our country nobody could risk political suicide by opposing them.

My Grandfather was a staunch Southern Democrat as his job basically depended on it. I promise IF he were alive today he would not be a Democrat.

FDR and Truman were warmongers

so was LBJ - and you use Kennedy and LBJ in the same economic frame? Please

Inhogswetrust

April 02, 2017, 07:55:06 am #19 Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:48:37 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 29, 2017, 07:44:49 pm
FDR and Truman were warmongers

so was LBJ - and you use Kennedy and LBJ in the same economic frame? Please

Where in my post does the words economy or economic appear. It doesn't. Kennedy was liberal but I admit Johnson was more liberal. My post was about the rise of social programs pushed by liberals and those did expand through Kennedy and then expanded even moreso under Johnson. FDR was not a warmonger. It was thrust upon him. Truman simply inherited his job and had to finish the war. A warmonger is someone like Hitler was to them and WANTS war and sometimes starts them.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 28, 2017, 04:55:12 pm
Do we play an independent schedule. Maybe join the sunbelt  ???
Moot point thanks to cooler and wiser heads in the legislature prevailing.