129 (63.2%)
Frogs
52 (25.5%)
Frito Pie
23 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Voting closed: September 10, 2016, 05:29:10 am

Rzback

I was feeling pretty confident last week but the closer we get to gameday the more unsure I get  :razorback:
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

MissippHog

Frito Pie option = valid poll. 

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

RazorChuck

Hog N Bama

Carl Lazlo

Does anyone anticipate at least the first two quarters not bring aired by espn due to the US tennis open running late? 

Hogs 34
Frogs 31

Hog N Bama

Man I hope not.  ???  Might start on another ESPN channel so it messes up everyone's DVR recording  >:(

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't like to predict scores, I'm a superstitious fan, but I am a fan.  One thing that grates on me is so called "fans" that straight out predict losses.  I'm like WTH.  Then of course they come back with the excuse I'm just a realist.  Being a fan isn't about being a realist, it's not about probability but possibility.

Many call in radio shows "Guys I just don't think we have enough TCU will win"  Would these fans say that to a players face?  Do you want the player to think you have no faith in them?  What if they players looked at it that way?

Grow a pair and support the team.  Don't be afraid of losing, it happens in games and it happens in life but it's not a forgone conclusion unless you go into it thinking that way.

If they do lose and you were hoping to win, SFW.  Life will still go on, football will still continue to be played, like the players you dust yourself off and get back at it for next time.

Just don't be weak and say you are keeping it real, go put on a dress and sashay around the town square.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razCzar

Thought I'd mention this to everybody...

I just noticed ESPN has put up our game for Skycam, which most probably already know is a different view of the game shown only on espn3:

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/startDate/20160907/type/upcoming/sport/football/#startDate/20160910/type/upcoming/

hawg IQ

before last Saturday I would have said Hogs going away. My gut says Frogs, still my heart says hogs, at best I think its 50-50 !
go hogs go !

redleg

If Arkansas can run the football effectively, and the O-Line find a way to give AAllen time to throw, the Hogs might be able to beat TCU. If not, the Frogs will win by two touchdowns.
My heart says Hogs win, 35-31.  ;D
But my head says it will be 42-27, Frogs.  :puke:
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

PorkSoda

Hogs 28
Frogs 27

hogs take lead with late TD pass to morgan, and intercept kenny hill to seal the win.

I think both teams are going to be better than they looked last week.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Corkscrew Johnson

Last week's performance surprisingly takes some pressure off this game, and we aint that bad.  Hogs 42-34.

Rzback

I'll be happy if we win just by one point but I'll be partying if we dominate
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

a0ashle

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 09, 2016, 06:06:06 pm
Frogs load the box, force hogs to pass block. Frogs roll 52-21

They better hope their secondary is up for the challenge. That would put the game on their worse unit from last week (and ours)

PorkSoda

Quote from: a0ashle on September 09, 2016, 06:09:57 pm
They better hope their secondary is up for the challenge. That would put the game on their worse unit from last week (and ours)
and we have our fair share of receivers that can take it to the house if given one on one coverage.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

theFlyingHog

I'm feeling Hoggy.

44-35

a0ashle

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 09, 2016, 06:14:07 pm
and we have our fair share of receivers that can take it to the house if given one on one coverage.

I have tried to think about how I would gameplan against the hogs if I were TCU's Defense, and 8 in the box is scary. You still might see it because not defending the pass well is bad, not defending the run is a death sentence.

PorkSoda

Quote from: a0ashle on September 09, 2016, 06:52:40 pm
I have tried to think about how I would gameplan against the hogs if I were TCU's Defense, and 8 in the box is scary. You still might see it because not defending the pass well is bad, not defending the run is a death sentence.
I have a feeling they are going to stack the box and blitz heavily.  Allen still takes too long to make a decision, often missing the window of opportunity.  we need to develop the quick passing game like La Tech used on us.  If we can burn them a few times on passes to where the blitzer came from, they will be forced to play more conservatively, which will allow our run game to dominate.  but if we don't get the ball out quickly, we are going to end up with a lot of sacks and INTs and TFLs

RockyMtnHog

Our OL dominates the Frogs tomorrow night.

Hogs 31
Frogs 24
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

go hogues

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 09, 2016, 06:58:37 pm
I have a feeling they are going to stack the box and blitz heavily.  Allen still takes too long to make a decision, often missing the window of opportunity.  we need to develop the quick passing game like La Tech used on us.  If we can burn them a few times on passes to where the blitzer came from, they will be forced to play more conservatively, which will allow our run game to dominate.  but if we don't get the ball out quickly, we are going to end up with a lot of sacks and INTs and TFLs
This.

Frogs by at least ten points
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

a0ashle

Quote from: go hogues on September 09, 2016, 07:01:48 pm
This

You guys are probably right, hopefully we can take advantage.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Rzback on September 09, 2016, 05:29:10 am
I was feeling pretty confident last week but the closer we get to gameday the more unsure I get  :razorback:

I'm just the opposite. After the game last week, for a minute I'm thinking we may not win another game.. ever. The closer to kick off tomorrow the more comfortable I am we are going to kick butt tomorrow and win this thing. Go Hogs.

wupigsuey

Conversely, the closer we get, the better I feel
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Rzback on September 09, 2016, 06:04:35 pm
I'll be happy if we win just by one point but I'll be partying if we dominate
I'm partying if they win by one point.

Schooner's, PCB.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hog N Bama

Quote from: a0ashle on September 09, 2016, 06:52:40 pm
We can pass and yes, run. Frogs live by the pass. CBB plays take away, and our big boys at the line are too much for the Frogs. Hogs head back to Fayetteville 2-0  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

SuckingSow

Hogs Win!

Btw, directv lists this game as being the 'SEC Opener for both teams'.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 09, 2016, 08:19:43 am
I don't like to predict scores, I'm a superstitious fan, but I am a fan.  One thing that grates on me is so called "fans" that straight out predict losses.  I'm like WTH.  Then of course they come back with the excuse I'm just a realist.  Being a fan isn't about being a realist, it's not about probability but possibility.

Many call in radio shows "Guys I just don't think we have enough TCU will win"  Would these fans say that to a players face?  Do you want the player to think you have no faith in them?  What if they players looked at it that way?

Grow a pair and support the team.  Don't be afraid of losing, it happens in games and it happens in life but it's not a forgone conclusion unless you go into it thinking that way.

If they do lose and you were hoping to win, SFW.  Life will still go on, football will still continue to be played, like the players you dust yourself off and get back at it for next time.

Just don't be weak and say you are keeping it real, go put on a dress and sashay around the town square.

Whenever the time comes that I don't think OUR Hogs don't have a chance, they'll be people I used to know lowering me down about six feet.

Great Post.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on September 09, 2016, 08:07:35 pm
WPS

Strange you should show the coach who broke our winning streak against TCU.

Rzback

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 10, 2016, 04:37:47 am
Strange you should show the coach who broke our winning streak against TCU.
maybe it's an omen

runninhog

Gonna be a tough one, but if we can control the LOS and limit big plays, I like our chances.

Rzback

41-38 HOGS!!! Party Time!!!

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8