Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kenny "Trill" Hill will start for TCU

Started by jbcarol, August 05, 2016, 02:49:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

TCU OC: Kenny "Trill" Hill wasn't helped by environment at Texas A&M

QuoteFormer Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill has remained fairly quiet since he left the school. One of his current coaches, however, had something to say about Hill's time with the Aggies.

TCU co-offensive coordinator Doug Meacham said the environment at Texas A&M wasn't good for Hill.

"It's kind of unfair," Meacham said. "You're a young kid, you roll into a school where the Heisman Trophy winner is a guy that misses meetings and does whatever he wants to, and in your mind, you think, 'Well, that's just how you're supposed to do it.' So, I don't think that helped him a whole lot."

He was arrested on charges of public intoxication in the spring of 2014. He was later suspended during the 2014 season for a violation of team rules.

The quarterback transferred out of Texas A&M soon after that. He enrolled at TCU in the summer of 2015. Meacham said that move was very good for Hill.

"My initial thought was I'm all for it, because I watched the South Carolina game," Meacham said, referring to the game where Hill broke the Texas A&M single-game passing record. "(Co-offensive coordinator) Sonny (Cumbie) did a very thorough investigation of his background and what took place and his side of it. Talked to teachers, parents, coaches on his behalf to assess what we thought in terms of some of the issues he had, and in his case, moving away was probably the best thing that ever happened to him."

Hill is competing with redshirt sophomore QB Foster Sawyer for the starting job at TCU.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/761563398559506433

QuoteFORT WORTH, Texas -- For Kenny Hill, everything about the night America got acquainted with his talents is crystal clear.

There was the last song he heard in the locker room -- J.Cole's "Blow Up" -- before taking the field. Fittingly, the song's hook boasts "I'm about to blow up." There was the Texas A&M graduate assistant who pulled Hill aside to tell the Aggies' sophomore quarterback what he already knew: He looked good.

On the first night of the 2014 college football season, in Texas A&M's first game of the post-Johnny Manziel era, Hill took center stage to the tune of 511 passing yards and three touchdowns, shattering Johnny Football's single-game school record for passing yards and routing South Carolina 52-28.

The next Monday, A&M began classes.

"I went to walk to class and got hounded," Hill said. "I could barely walk to class, and A&M's campus is huge."

When he left class, a few campus groundskeepers shouted across campus to him, and asked for selfies.

"I've got grown men here asking for my autograph," Hill said. "I play one game and I'm being hounded like that. [Johnny] did it for two years. Crazy. I can only imagine."

Hill didn't realize his fame spread a lot further than A&M's campus. He figured it out quickly that Tuesday when he was told that the nickname "Kenny Football" was gaining steam, he said he preferred to be called "Kenny Trill." Less than an hour later, an ESPN alert buzzed his phone.

"Kenny Hill prefers nickname Kenny Trill" blared the headline.

"That was unreal," Hill said. "I did not think it was going to blow up like that."

The next day, Hill's parents sought to trademark the nickname. Trill, a term made popular in hip-hop, is a mix of "true" and "real."

"It was crazy, blowing up overnight like that," Hill said. "It was something you dream of and you always want, but at the same time, I wasn't really ready for it yet."

Four months later, Kenny Trill had been benched and suspended by coach Kevin Sumlin.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ADavisTheGOAT

Hope we kick his ass for what he did to us in 2014.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/768952917999190016

QuoteHe might have been too trill for the Aggies, but Kenny Hill is getting a second chance.

Former Texas A&M quarterback Kenny Hill has officially been named the starting quarterback at TCU...

Hill made national headlines after throwing for 511 yards and 3 touchdowns on the road against South Carolina in the Aggies' 2014 opener. He started the first eight games of the year, but was yanked after an embarrassing 59-0 loss to Alabama following inconsistent play and off the field issues.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 25, 2016, 06:56:43 pm
Hope we kick his ass for what he did to us in 2014.

And that's all I've got to say about that.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hog N Bama

Hope Wise and Sosa put him on his back often!  >:( :razorback: :razorback:

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on August 25, 2016, 07:44:15 pm
Hope Wise and Sosa put him on his back often!  >:( :razorback: :razorback:
Don't forget Capps!

daBoar

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 25, 2016, 06:51:04 pm
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

Officially named TCU's starter at QB....

Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17393204/texas-aggies-transfer-kenny-hill-named-tcu-horned-frogs-starting-quarterback
He was considered an Heisman hopeful as a frosh after his first five games at A&M. He was a spread QB in HS.  He's trained for TCU's type of offense.  He should be real competition for the Hog defense.  It will be a big deal if the Hogs win this game.

ricepig

Hoggish1

greasy_corner

I knew there was a "battle" but figured they'd give him the nod after what he did to us a couple of seasons ago and since we play them so early in the season. 

I hope we plant him and his money grubbing family's dreams in the dirt.

razorbackkid

Quote from: daBoar on August 25, 2016, 08:24:34 pm
He was considered an Heisman hopeful as a frosh after his first five games at A&M. He was a spread QB in HS.  He's trained for TCU's type of offense.  He should be real competition for the Hog defense./  It will be a big deal if the Hogs win this game.

Grab a couple post-it tabs, on the first write "Kenny Thrill throws 3 interceptions vs Arkansas" and on the second one write "Arkansas on a roll".

Put the first one on the opening book of Genesis and the second on the opening book of Revelations. 

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 25, 2016, 06:51:04 pm
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

Officially named TCU's starter at QB....

Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17393204/texas-aggies-transfer-kenny-hill-named-tcu-horned-frogs-starting-quarterback
My thoughts, he is a talented guy that probably has learned some humility, and will be pretty good towards the middle of the season, but no Boykin.

This was decided around June or July of 2015.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

blu

I expect this to be a tough, close game. He owned us in the second half of the game in 2014.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

SamBuckhart

I felt the breeze of a post game haiku. Please beat TCU.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

AugustaHog

Quote from: blu on August 26, 2016, 06:21:40 am
I expect this to be a tough, close game. He owned us in the second half of the game in 2014.
Yep, we pulled back on the tight coverage and he was able to hit some easy stuff.  Then smoked us over the top.  That was pretty terrible D from about mid 3rd qtr. on. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: blu on August 26, 2016, 06:21:40 am

He destroyed us.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 25, 2016, 09:53:29 pm
My thoughts, he is a talented guy that probably has learned some humility, and will be pretty good towards the middle of the season, but no Boykin.

This was decided around June or July of 2015.

You are right, no Boykin especially in terms of being a running QB so that "may" lessen that threat to some extent. He had a pretty good arm the last time he played at A&M averaging 331 yds per game, 66.7% and 23 TD's to just 8 INT's. Hill is probably as good or better at passing than Boykin was but the dual threat isn't there like it was with Boykin.
Go Hogs Go!

SemperHawg

Why would this get moved... its a topic about the starting QB and how it effects our most crucial early season matchup?

DeltaBoy

I hope we knock him clean out of the game early.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 26, 2016, 10:30:15 am
Why would this get moved... its a topic about the starting QB and how it effects our most crucial early season matchup?
This is the August clean this board up over reaction by the mods. Just kidding mods, I kid the moderators

SemperHawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 26, 2016, 11:46:32 am
This is the August clean this board up over reaction by the mods. Just kidding mods, I kid the moderators
So we start a thread about the enrollment numbers at the University, but not discuss our opponents starting QB in a really important week two matchup...Got it. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 26, 2016, 10:30:15 am

It wasn't me.
Go Hogs Go!

DLUXHOG

This game, the Hogs finish on top, BIG....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hogs run wild

Quote from: PORKULATOR on August 26, 2016, 07:35:25 am
Do you know what Nemesis means?
i re-watched this movie the other day. good movie!
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

jbcarol

Dominicanhog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2016, 11:23:31 am
I hope we knock him clean out of the game early.

I think we are going to try.. we played very base last week, showed things last week that we may do different this week.. we might be tighter on the corners and blitz from different angles, you might see 5 lineman when you add Ramsey.. I think we do almost opposite what we did last week on O and D.. We'll run to set up the pass and I think we bring several different blitz packages and coverages, including tight at the line.. one thing about tight m o m against A&M is they got studs at WR..

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 11h11 hours ago

How Arkansas can contain TCU quarterback Kenny Hill  #WPS http://sec.news/2wEEln1

jbcarol