Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn's Jovon Robinson

Started by greenie, August 03, 2016, 06:56:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

What, is he transferring here?

Porked Tongue

SkeeterHawg

The difference in that article and one with a CBB dismissed player, is a statement from the coach saying "we are working with him to find a better place where he may fit".  Seems CBB is very active in helping the player move on, and makes that clear when the announcement is made.  This article just leaves you with the impression that he was dropped off on the side of the road somewhere, with a cya.. wouldn't wanna beeya.

Porked Tongue

I pretty much agree with that.  Some anger in that deal for sure.

Gus is gracious when it suits him.  He's not that good a PR guy at all.  The world see's that more every single day.

theFlyingHog

I'm all for ripping on gus any chance I get but none of us know a darn thing about what happened. Kid very well may have thrown a chair at gus. I don't think CBB would be nice about kicking him off the team either

KlubhouseKonnected

Gus just showed all the players what happens to a senior that tries to hold out of one of his camps to help negotiate for a pay raise.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

Roc Thomas - 6.1YPC - transferred
Jovon Robinson - 5.5YPC - dismissed
Peyton Barber - 4.3YPC - went pro

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/760978363372695552

QuoteScarblog: Gus Malzahn's history with talented but troubled players has been to hold the rope too long until he had no choice but to let go.

He did it with Mike Dyer.

He did it with Duke Williams.

It appears he's not going to make the same mistake with Jovon Robinson.

If Robinson's dismissal from the Auburn football team on the brink of fall camp was Malzahn's decision and not mandated by the violation of a team or university policy, it's gutsier than any call he's ever made during a game.

The fallout could determine Malzahn's future.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pigture perfect

I'm wondering about that Stereotyped and disrespected comment. Disrespected just sounds like he got his feelings hurt. Poor baby. Stereotyped sounds a bit different.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 14h14 hours ago

Auburn's Jovon Robinson dismissed from team for missing classes/meetings & "continued inattention to detail in everything" source told @ESPN

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 11h11 hours ago

Called Jovon Robinson's cell number. He insists it's not him. "I'm Davis Crawford." #funinjournalism

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 7m7 minutes ago

Good job, by the way, by @JamesCrepea getting Jovon Robinson on the phone.

Porked Tongue

Odd how Gus claims he won't tell but when called on it he provides 'details". 

TNhawgfan

I like how jovon mentioned the special treatment duke got from gus and said the coaches aren't what they seem
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jbcarol on August 04, 2016, 08:10:20 am
https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/761182517881933825

Robinson said there "never was a real relationship between" himself and Malzahn, who has dismissed his team's best offensive player in back-to-back years.

Then what are you doing there you big dummy?

Edit: Upon immediate reflection the answer I am sure has to do with my first post in this thread.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/761537270927204352

QuoteAuburn coach Gus Malzahn didn't wish to respond to the comments from former running back Jovon Robinson, who he dismissed from the program on Wednesday.

Following his dismissal, Robinson told AL.com he felt "stereotyped and disrespected," the Auburn coaching staff is "not what it seems" and there "never was a real relationship" between himself and Malzahn.

"All I'm going to talk about the guys that are on our team [sic]," Malzahn said following Auburn's second fall camp practice on Thursday. "He's no longer on our team"

ESPN's Brett McMurphy reported via an anonymous source that Robinson was dismissed for missing classes and meetings and "continued inattention to detail in everything." Robinson denied that report, but would not offer details as to why he was dismissed

jbcarol

Auburn's dismissal of running back Jovon Robinson was most likely the result of large number of discipline issues during the team's summer workouts

QuoteBert Williams, Robinson's former coach at Georgia Military College, told the Ledger-Enquirer's Michael Niziolek that a situation between Robinson and some of his teammates upset the Auburn coaching [sic] as early as May.

"It put him in a tenuous position early in the summer," Williams told Niziolek.

Robinson then had "some things he had to do to get back in the good graces" of the coaching staff, Williams said. However, Williams said Robinson's discipline issues continued through the summer until a "final incident" in July pushed things too far.

"He did not meet my standards or expectations of what it takes to be an Auburn Tiger football player," Malzahn said Wednesday.

Robinson said he was "stereotyped and disrespected" while he was at Auburn, and that there was "never a real relationship" between him and Malzahn.

Malzahn has not elaborated on why he dismissed Robinson. Williams said he was sad to hear the news.

"The biggest thing is disappointment," Williams said. "Tough background or not, everyone has a choice. For any college football player that's provided a scholarship at a high level you want for nothing period. ... Participation isn't a right and I think that's something every athlete needs to hear."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/761653030748057600

QuoteJovon Robinson was dismissed from the Auburn football program due to multiple recent incidents, one involving a teammate and another a young woman, multiple sources told AL.com.

Robinson, who was dismissed from the program on Wednesday, and Auburn defensive back Marshall Taylor recently attended a party in Columbus, Georgia, during which a physical altercation took place between attendees of the party and Taylor, who sources indicated was the victim of the confrontation. A source said Robinson felt he was being blamed for the incident.

Taylor, a graduate transfer from Miami University (Ohio), has missed the first two days of Auburn's fall camp practice. A source told AL.com Taylor did not wish to return to the program if Robinson was with the team, but that that alone was not the direct cause of Robinson's dismissal.

On Thursday, Malzahn said Taylor was still part of the team "as of right now" and denied his absence was related to Robinson's dismissal.

"Marshall Taylor's taking care of some stuff and that's separate and that's just with him," Malzahn said.

A separate and more recent incident involving Robinson and a young woman was what led Malzahn to dismiss Auburn's starting running back and best offensive skill player, according to multiple sources.

The details are unclear, but multiple sources said there was a disagreement between Robinson and the woman, who he eventually led out of the room.

There are no records of Robinson having been charged with any recent crimes in either Alabama or Georgia.

KlubhouseKonnected

Hella weird. This woman's initials K.M.?

Porked Tongue

Not like this is all new to Gus.  Seems he put up with it a long time.

You can't discipline that way.

jbcarol

Former Auburn running back Jovon Robinson has admitted to two incidents that led to him being dismissed by the team

QuoteOne incident involved Robinson forcing a woman to leave his dorm by taking her by the wrist, the source said.

"He told me, 'I had a girl in my room. I tried to get her out of my room. I grabbed her by her wrist and told her to get out,'" the source told 247Sports.

The incident was reported to the school's Division of Student Affairs, which had no comment.

The other incident involved teammate Marshall Taylor, as he and Robinson went to a party where Taylor was involved in a physical altercation. Robinson denied involvement in the scuffle, 247Sports reported.

"The only thing Jovon said is that Taylor got there and got 'doped up,'" the 247Sports source said, "and that everything was blamed on him."

Robinson's refusal to be accountable for his actions was a familiar refrain for 247Sports' source.

'They're blaming everything on me. Everybody is coming at me,'" the source said. "It was just the usual, 'pitiful, pitiful Jovon. Everything is put on me.'"

According to AL.com's James Crepea, Taylor did not wish to return to the team if Robinson was going to continue to be part of it. The Auburn defensive back missed the Tigers' first two practices.

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 20h20 hours ago

Auburn University P.R. department & Title IX office declined comment when I asked if Title IX officials were contacted about Jovon Robinson.

jbcarol

Dana Sulonen
‏@DanaSulonen

Can I put a moratorium out already for "Kerryon My Wayward Son" references? Ditto to "Keep Calm & Kerryon"

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens Aug 5

.@MGMAdvertiser ICYMI (w/VIDEO): Kerryon our wayward son: Auburn's new 'marquee back' http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2016/08/04/kerryon-our-wayward-son-johnson-auburns-new-marquee-back/88268222/ ...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/762136359243046912

QuoteRhett Lashlee doesn't seem too concerned about the recent dismissal of Jovon Robinson further depleting Auburn's backfield.

Auburn's offensive coordinator didn't agree with the assessment that Robinson, who was set to be the starting running back after rushing for 639 yards and three touchdowns last season, was the team's best returning offensive skill player.

"I don't know if we've lost our best skill player," Lashlee said following Saturday's practice, Auburn's fourth of fall camp. "I want to talk about the guys who are here. That's a fair question, but I want to talk about the guys that are here and go from there.

"I feel really good about how the running backs are practicing right now, I really do."

Lashlee said Auburn could go with a running back by committee approach this season.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 03, 2016, 07:47:47 pm
I pretty much agree with that.  Some anger in that deal for sure.

Gus is gracious when it suits him.  He's not that good a PR guy at all.  The world see's that more every single day.

he can retain his sanctimonious act here since Jovon was recruited by Trooper Taylor and Curtis Looper

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jbcarol on August 06, 2016, 11:28:36 pm
https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/762136359243046912
Reading between the lines on that coach-speak from Lash, they screwed. I almost feel bad for enjoying Auburn's misery. Almost.

Porked Tongue

Paul

Lashleè & Burns may be in over their heads. Like our coaching staff's experience much more

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 1h1 hour ago

Malzahn, Horton have history of success coaching RBs http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Gus-Malzahn-Tim-Horton-have-history-of-success-coaching-Auburn-T-46623789 ... via @EvanMcCullers

QuoteAUBURN, Ala. – When Jovon Robinson was dismissed from the team last Wednesday, Auburn lost its most proven rusher. The Tigers now enter the 2016 campaign without its three top rushers from last season, as Robinson was dismissed, Peyton Barber declared for the NFL draft after his redshirt sophomore season and Roc Thomas transferred to Jacksonville State.

If history is any indication, however, it may be too early to panic about the situation in the Tigers' backfield. As long as head coach Gus Malzahn and running backs coach Tim Horton are on staff, Auburn has two coaches who have consistently proven themselves capable of producing quality running backs.

Much of the Tigers' recent success on the ground could be credited to Malzahn. Auburn started its current streak of seven season [sic] with a 1,000-yard rusher in his first year as the offensive coordinator back in 2009. In his one-year absence from Auburn in 2012, Malzahn produced a 1,000-yard rusher while he was the head coach at Arkansas State.

In 10 seasons as an offensive coordinator and head coach at the collegiate level, Malzahn has coached a total of 13 1,000-yard rushers.

Throughout his career, Horton also has consistently produced 1,000-yard rushers. In his nine seasons as a running backs coach at Arkansas and Auburn, Horton has produced seven 1,000-yard rushers.

Horton has also coached backs through two of the top five single-season rushing totals in SEC history. In his first year at Arkansas, Darren McFadden rushed for 1,830 yards, which was then the second-best single-season rushing performance in SEC history...

Porked Tongue

jbcarol