Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early 2016 Predictions

Started by Wildhog, March 02, 2016, 04:12:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many regular season games will the Hogs win in 2016?

0-5
6 (1.9%)
20 (6.5%)
40 (13%)
93 (30.2%)
95 (30.8%)
41 (13.3%)
5 (1.6%)
8 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 307

Wildhog

Simple question. In year four of Bielema's tenure, how many regular season games do you expect the Hogs to win?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

You didn't vote? I'm 8-4, as of 3/2/2016, but lots can change between now and September.

southarkhog06

Im going with 10, Im prolly just a homer.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 04:13:55 pm
You didn't vote? I'm 8-4, as of 3/2/2016, but lots can change between now and September.

I went with another 7-5.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

March 02, 2016, 04:15:26 pm #4 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:36:12 pm by The_Boot_stops_here
I'm in at 7-5 as of now.  and w/o looking at the schedule

EDIT:  after looking at sched, I revise my pick to 8-4 reg season

Jackrabbit Hog

I went 9.

BTW, I'm Rick Schaffer's more optimistic twin.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

8 Regular season, 9 total with a bowl win.

PorkSoda

Date   Opponent   Time   Location
Sept. 3   Louisiana Tech   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Sept. 10   at TCU   TBA   Fort Worth, Tex.
Sept. 17   Texas State   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Sept. 24   vs. Texas A&M   TBA   Arlington (AT&T Stadium)
Oct. 1   Alcorn State   TBA   Little Rock, Ark.
Oct. 8   Alabama   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Oct. 15   Ole Miss   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Oct. 22   at Auburn   TBA   Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 29   BYE WEEK      
Nov. 5   Florida   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Nov. 12   LSU   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark.
Nov. 19   at Mississippi State   TBA   Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 26   at Missouri   TBA   Columbia, Mo.

I think we could see 9 wins, but went with 8 just so I wouldn't look like a complete homer.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2016, 04:15:19 pm
I went with another 7-5.

Ok, I was the first to vote, I figured the guy starting the poll would have beaten me, haha. I truthfully can see anything from 6 wins to 10 wins, lots of unknowns.

Uncommon

March 02, 2016, 04:24:41 pm #9 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:43:28 pm by Uncommon
W Louisiana Tech
W at TCU
W Texas State
W vs. Texas A&M
W Alcorn State
L Alabama
L Ole Miss
W at Auburn   
L Florida
W LSU
W at Mississippi State
W at Missouri

jkstock04

March 02, 2016, 04:34:59 pm #10 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:48:13 pm by jkstock04
Quote from: PorkSoda on March 02, 2016, 04:18:23 pm
Oct. 29   BYE WEEK      

I think we could see 9 wins, but went with 8 just so I wouldn't look like a complete homer.

Gotta think we can get to 7 wins in there. One thing about it that's a hell of a schedule getting Florida and TCU.

Coach Bielema can/will we beat Florida this year? I HATE them after the 2009 debacle. We haven't beat them since 1990 or some crap.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

8 and a bowl game, so possibly nine.

Wildhog

I think we lose to TCU, Bama, Florida, Ole Miss, and one of TAMU/Mizzou/MSU
1909/1964/1965/1977

moto625

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2016, 04:58:55 pm
I think we lose to one of TAMU/Mizzou/MSU
I hope not.  That would suck.  I want to have a clean sweep of those 3.

ChitownHawg

I called it the other day - 10 wins.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 02, 2016, 04:18:23 pm
Oct. 29   BYE WEEK      

I think we win 9. 10 if we beat the Horned Frogs on the road.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 04:13:55 pm
Matched your prediction.

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Ragnar Hogbrok

I said nine.  Because screw it, that's why.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TheRazorback500

8-4, also. Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

choppedporkextrasauce

Sept. 3   Louisiana Tech   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark. W
Sept. 10   at TCU   TBA   Fort Worth, Tex. W
Sept. 17   Texas State   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark W
Sept. 24   vs. Texas A&M   TBA   Arlington (AT&T Stadium) W
Oct. 1   Alcorn State   TBA   Little Rock, Ark. W
Oct. 8   Alabama   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark. W
Oct. 15   Ole Miss   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark. W
Oct. 22   at Auburn   TBA   Auburn, Ala. W
Oct. 29   BYE WEEK      
Nov. 5   Florida   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark. W
Nov. 12   LSU   TBA   Fayetteville, Ark. W
Nov. 19   at Mississippi State   TBA   Starkville, Miss. W
Nov. 26   at Missouri   TBA   Columbia, Mo. W

Could it happen? It's the preseason so why not. Nothing is real 6 months in advance.

Hoggiedawg

6-6, but hopefully the defense does get better and I could see us getting to 8-4.

wholehog92

I'm pre-spring at 9.  We'll see what transpires between now and the end of fall I guess.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

JackMcQueen

Louisiana Tech - W
at TCU - L
Texas State - W
vs. Texas A&M - W
Alcorn State - W
Alabama - L
Ole Miss - L
at Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
at Mississippi State - W
at Missouri - W

9-3 (6-2) for me just looking at this schedule. I think the TCU & Ole Miss games are both toss ups.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Hogg_Phan

I do expect our defense and especially our secondary to play better this year. Nobody knows how our QB play or our RBs will work out this season, but with that said, TAMU is a mess, we play a perceived warm-up game before we get Alabama at home and we have a bye week before Florida comes to town. All this, plus I'm a homer, so I say 10 wins. Not sure about TCU? LSU will be after Florida, so our emotions from a win or loss may cause us to not play our best.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Hawgar The Horrible

I see an unconventional 9. Going to lay an egg somewhere along the line, but pop somebody unexpectedly.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

go hogues

Louisiana Tech - W
at TCU - L
Texas State - W
vs. Texas A&M - L
Alcorn State - W
Alabama - L
Ole Miss - L
at Auburn - L
Florida - L
LSU - W
at Mississippi State - W
at Missouri - W

6-6 and that will be saying something against that schedule and the personnel we return.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PorkSoda

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 02, 2016, 05:09:04 pm
I think we win 9. 10 if we beat the Horned Frogs on the road.
by the end of fall practice I will have convinced myself we are going 12-0
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

farfromgroovins

I predict 9 wins. Losses to TCU, Bama, Ole Miss.
Of course if it is anything like last year's fball or this year's bball team, we will lose to Texas State, beat Bama, knock off Florida & LSU but fall to Missouri. Who knows?

What I absolutely love is many LSU fans looking down at the Hogs and many of us chalk them up for an automatic W nowadays.

WPS!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 03, 2016, 12:34:08 pm
by the end of fall practice I will have convinced myself we are going 12-0

My track will probably in the opposite direction. It's Spring so I'm at 10. By Fall I maybe at 8 or 9.

And I feel for the fans you are seeing a 6-6 record in the Spring. We may have to put them on suicide watch by November.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

PorkSoda

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 03, 2016, 12:40:31 pm
My track will probably in the opposite direction. It's Spring so I'm at 10. By Fall I maybe at 8 or 9.

And I feel for the fans you are seeing a 6-6 record in the Spring. We may have to put them on suicide watch by November.  ;D
by the time the season starts, I think we will win every game right up until we dont.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 03, 2016, 12:47:00 pm
by the time the season starts, I think we will win every game right up until we dont.

That's my usual thought during game week, I can "rationalize" a win every week, haha.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorPiggie

I went with 9 but could see 8 or 7.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 03, 2016, 04:32:54 pm
I went with 9 but could see 8 or 7.

Yep the difference between 10-9-8 is just a ball bounce one way or the other.

Sed76

I'm not as worried about the offense as some. If the defense is improved and special teams becomes good enough not to cost us games the sky is the limit. But that's a big if.

Bubba's Bruisers

We lost  probably our top 3 offensive weapons.  And our 2 best O linemen.  And while I'd hope the defense improves, I doubt that it's a drastic improvement.

6, maybe 7 wins.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Oliver

Last year I predicted we'd go 7-5 with the potential to go 8-4.

I'll stick with that for next year too

RebelW

From what Michigan did to the SECE Florida.. I don't see them beating us

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I predicted 7-5.

I think our offense will hiccup at first and never get back to last year's stellar level.
I think our defense will be better, but will not be much better than average.

I think the season after next could be outstanding though.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

goodguytex

I'm going with 8-4, but it's wayyyy too early at this point to really give a halfway decent guess. Still a lot to work out between now and fall practice.

Supermark101

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 03, 2016, 09:39:11 pm
I predicted 7-5.

I think our offense will hiccup at first and never get back to last year's stellar level.
I think our defense will be better, but will not be much better than average.

I think the season after next could be outstanding though.

These are my feelings as well.

The season after the schedule is brutal. 2018 is our year

Smokehouse

I say 8; losses to Bama, Ole Miss, FL, then one of Auburn/LSU (if Auburn improves a little on D or LSU gets literally anything from a QB) or MSU if they have a solid replacement for Dak.

But that's with me feeling rosy about projecting the QB position given the talent of the guys on campus, Enos, and a stellar WR group. If it takes some time to get someone going then I'd add TCU to the loss column, and maybe even another loss depending on how bad it is. I think RB is fine, and the D improves some but not dramatically, but we need a massive improvement on special teams and for the offense to only lose a bit of step.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: goodguytex on March 04, 2016, 12:18:54 am
I'm going with 8-4, but it's wayyyy too early at this point to really give a halfway decent guess. Still a lot to work out between now and fall practice.

Ditto. And I'm a bit shocked at the pessimism on here. Everyone else improves but us which is usually the opposite of Hogville.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and MSU are in the same boat as us. - new QB. Which one of these teams has a better incoming QB then we do?

lefty08

Not just that, but the TCU predictions kind of shock me. I don't guess it should being as most people just see the name, and they have been on a run lately. They have been more decimated than us, we should win that game
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Darren DeLoach

Last year I looked at the schedule and thought we had four key games that would determine our ability to approach 10 wins. I see a similar pattern this year. Not that I know anything.  But it's an opine so....

Key games are:
at TCU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
at Auburn

4-0 =10 wins
3-1= 9
2-2 drops us to 7
Anything worse is a disaster.

I predict 3-1 with 9 wins
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ALLVOL

texas tush hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 04, 2016, 07:42:43 am
I'm going with 9 right now.

Me too, three losse in a row in October, Bama, Ole Miss, and Auburn, to ruin our season.