Projected Top 5 2017 picks per @DraftExpress
    1. Tatum (DUKE)
    2. Giles (DUKE)
    3. J. Jackson (TBD)
    4. Fox (UK)
    5. Smith (NC State)
  • #2 by jbcarol on 07 Jan 2016
  •  Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 32m32 minutes ago

Could Brandon Ingram Eclipse Ben Simmons As the No. 1 Pick [in '16]?; Looking Ahead to the 2017 NBA Draft
    https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/could-brandon-ingram-eclipse-ben-simmons-as-the-no-1-pick-looking-ahead-to-the-2017-nba-draft/161288972?tcid=tw_article_161288972

Jayson Tatum (Duke)
        Harry Giles (Duke)
        Josh Jackson (Uncommitted)
        De'Aaron Fox (Kentucky)
        Dennis Smith (N.C. State)
        Markelle Fultz (Washington)
        Malik Monk (Kentucky)
        Isaiah Hartenstein (International)
        Bam Adebayo (Kentucky)
        Rodions Kurucs (International)
  • #3 by jbcarol on 14 Jan 2016
  • The Top 10 in 2017 goes in this order:

4. De'Aaron Fox (Kentucky)

8. Bam Adebayo (Kentucky)

10. Malik Monk (Kentucky)
  • #4 by AirForceHog on 15 Jan 2016
  • Sheesh Kentucky is loaded
  • #5 by jbcarol on 26 Jun 2016
  • Ridiculously early 2017 NBA Mock Draft

6. Malik Monk, Kentucky

12. Bam Adebayo, Kentucky
    Adebayo is the quintessential high-motor forward. He lacks skill. But he really, really runs, plays hard and just generally gets after it.

15. De'Aaron Fox, Kentucky
    Fox should become John Calipari's latest one-and-done point guard.
  • #6 by jbcarol on 26 Jun 2016
  • Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress Jun 24

New on DX: Onward to the 2017 NBA Draft…mapping out what the next few months look like at DX http://dx.im/28WILvy

9. Edrice Adebayo PF  Team Loaded NC

11. De'Aaron Fox PG  Houston Hoops

20. Malik Monk   PG/SG

31. Devin Robinson SF  Florida - Sophomore

35. Malik Newman PG/SG  TBD

43. Luke Kornet   PF  Vanderbilt - Junior

46. Isaiah Briscoe PG/SG  Kentucky - Freshman
  • #7 by jbcarol on 27 Jun 2016
  • college players to track for the 2017 NBA Draft

12. De’Aaron Fox, PG, Kentucky: Dynamic playmaker. Elite defender. But can he shoot it well enough?

16. Bam Adebayo, PF, Kentucky: He’s big, he’s powerful, he’s athletic. But he’s also a bit undersized. He’s not Cliff Alexander, but is his ceiling more than Montrezl Harrell or J.J. Hickson?

24. Malik Monk, CG, Kentucky: He can be so entertaining and so inconsistent. Can he prove he’s not just a scorer, that he can be A) a playmaker or B) an elite shooter?
  • #8 by jbcarol on 01 Aug 2016

Incoming Washington wing Markelle Fultz has been installed as the projected No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com. "Ridiculous, way too early," one NBA scout said.

Kentucky features players projected at No. 10 (Bam Adebayo), No. 12 (De'Aaron Fox) and No. 21 (Malik Monk).
  • #9 by jbcarol on 04 Aug 2016
  • The 2016 NBA Draft was six weeks ago.  Is it too soon to start looking ahead to the 2017 NBA Draft?  It’s never too soon for ESPN’s draft expert, Chad Ford.

9. De’Aaron Fox

He’s got size, quickness, aggressiveness on both ends of the court and looks like a promising playmaker.  He needs to get stronger and improve his jumper, but there are a lot of tools there that can make him successful in the NBA, especially on the defensive end.

12. Bam Adebayo

“Bam” Adebayo already has the NBA body and athleticism that teams crave in their power forwards. He’s an explosive athlete who plays with a great motor. He’s going to be a rebounding and shot-blocking machine for Kentucky.

However, his offensive game is still pretty raw. He really needs to develop some sort of perimeter game.

15. Malik Monk

Monk is an athletic freak and a big-time scorer. He’s relentless at getting to the rim and his ballhandling abilities are strong enough that some teams believe he can play both the 1 and the 2 at the next level.
  • #10 by jbcarol on 23 Aug 2016
  • ESPN’s Chad Ford finally released his first 2017 mock draft

Ford projects point guard De’Aaron Fox to be the first Wildcat off the board, going 10th

Ford has the Knicks taking Fox’s backcourt partner, Malik Monk, at No. 14.

Ford projects back-to-back Wildcats being taken, with the Wizards selecting 6-foor-9, 240-pound forward Edrice Adebayo.
  • #11 by jbcarol on 26 Aug 2016
  • On the same day Kentucky coach John Calipari praised freshman Edrice "Bam" Adebayo, the big man's high school coach reiterated he could be in the mix for the No. 1 overall pick in 2017.

Calipari compared the 6-foot-10 Adebayo to former No. 1 overall picks Anthony Davis and Karl-Anthony Towns.

DraftExpress.com currently has Adebayo projected as the No. 9 pick in 2017, but Adebayo's high school coach, Brandon Clifford of High Point (N.C.) Christian, reiterated to SNY.tv. that he believes Adebayo could potentially be the No. 1 overall pick.

"I think Bam should feel honored to be mentioned alongside those guys before he's played a game at Kentucky," Clifford said. "That being said, I've always felt like he was a special player that could potentially get himself in the conversation for the No. 1 pick someday. He's an unbelievable talent. He will have to grow and adjust like all freshmen, but I certainly think being at UK will bring out the best in him. Just as it did for Davis and Towns. I'm definitely not going to disagree with Coach Calipari because, like him, I've been in the gym with the kid for extended periods of time. He's a different kind of cat."
  • #12 by jbcarol on 23 Sep 2016
  • #27 to Toronto. With a great year, he could improve on this projection. Would be great for us and him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft
  • #13 by jbcarol on 29 Sep 2016
  • #14 by jbcarol on 01 Oct 2016
  • #15 by jbcarol on 04 Oct 2016
  • #16 by jbcarol on 06 Oct 2016
  • #17 by jbcarol on 06 Oct 2016

• #18 by jbcarol on 06 Oct 2016
  • #19 by jbcarol on 25 Oct 2016
  • Food for thought:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY

The NBA announced a record 113 international players from 41 countries and territories.
  • #20 by jbcarol on 01 Nov 2016
  • #21 by jbcarol on 04 Nov 2016

Wildcats don’t have a monopoly on NBA-caliber talent in the SEC. From experienced players to youngsters, the conference is filled with basketball talent looking to prove it deserves a shot at the next level.

Here are 10 players the NBA will be keeping a close eye on in 2016-17:

Bam Adebayo, Kentucky
    Draft Express ranking: No. 10
    2015-16 stats: 18.9 PPG, 13.0 RPG at High Point Christian Academy (N.C.)
    Ht/Wt: 6-foot-10, 260 pounds

De’Aaron Fox, Kentucky
    D/X ranking: No. 12
    2015-16 stats: 31.3 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 3.9 APG, 2.8 SPG at Cypress Lakes (Texas) High School
    Ht/Wt: 6-3, 187 pounds

Malik Monk, Kentucky
    D/X ranking: No. 18
    2015-16 stats: 28.6 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 4.4 RPG at Bentonville (Ark.) High School
    Ht/Wt: 6-3, 200 pounds

Devin Robinson, Florida
    D/X ranking: No. 39
    2015-16 stats: 9.0 PPG, 5.6 RPG
    Ht/Wt: 6-8, 200 pounds

Luke Kornet, Vanderbilt
    D/X ranking: No. 48
    2015-16 stats: 8.9 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 3.0 BPG
    Ht/Wt: 7-1, 250 pounds

D.J. Hogg, Texas A&M
    D/X ranking: No. 75
    2015-16 stats: 6.2 PPG, 2.9 RPG
    Ht/Wt: 6-9, 220 pounds

Moses Kingsley, Arkansas
    D/X ranking: Unranked
    2015-16 stats: 15.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 53.3 FG%
    Ht/Wt: 6-10, 230 pounds

Isaiah Briscoe, Kentucky
    D/X ranking: Unranked
    2015-16 stats: 9.6 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 3.1 APG
    Ht/Wt: 6-3, 210 pounds
  • #22 by jbcarol on 07 Nov 2016

• Insider
  • #23 by jbcarol on 09 Nov 2016
  •  Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

More and more of NBA folks I talk to feel as though Kentucky freshman Malik Monk will be a Top 10 pick at end of the day. Prolific scorer.
  • #24 by jbcarol on 07 Dec 2016

• 5. Malik Monk   
    PG/SG (Kentucky - Freshman)
    18.8 years old | 6'4" | 185 lbs
    19.9 PPG        2.9 RPG        2.4 APG        24.5 PER 

10. De'Aaron Fox   
    PG (Kentucky - Freshman)
    18.9 years old | 6'4" | 171 lbs
    15.9 PPG        5.3 RPG        7.8 APG        23.8 PER

15. Bam Adebayo   
    C (Kentucky - Freshman)
    19.3 years old | 6'10" | 250 lbs
    2.0 PPG        8.3 RPG        1.0 APG        25.3 PER 

30. Robert Williams   
    PF/C (Texas A&M - Freshman)
    19.1 years old | 6'9" | 237 lbs
     10.1 PPG        5.9 RPG        1.4 APG        36.3 PER

38. Luke Kornet   
    PF (Vanderbilt - Senior)
    21.4 years old | 7'0" | 240 lbs
    13.1 PPG        5.4 RPG        0.9 APG        18.9 PER

49. Devin Robinson   
    SF (Florida - Junior)
    21.7 years old | 6'8" | 200 lbs
    11.7 PPG        5.4 RPG        0.8 APG        25.4 PER

Mr. Irrelevant: Isaiah Briscoe   
    PG/SG (Kentucky - Sophomore)
    20.6 years old | 6'3" | 218 lbs
    17.3 PPG        3.5 RPG        3.3 APG        22.5 PER         3.0 StepsOnEndLine
  • #25 by jbcarol on 15 Dec 2016
  • Calipari says some Wildcats feeling anxiety over their futures

“I think most of these kids – and can you blame them? – have their mindset down the road a little bit,” Calipari said. “And when stuff doesn’t go right, you start having anxiety.”

sixth-ranked Cats (9-1) have six former 5-star recruits on the roster: sophomore Isaiah Briscoe and freshmen De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, Wenyen Gabriel and Sacha Killeya-Jones. Draft Express has four of them being selected in its 2017 mock draft: Monk at No. 5 overall, Fox at No. 10, Adebayo at No. 15 and Briscoe [Mr. Irreverent] with the 60th and final pick [Mr. Irrelevant].

“I sent them a text yesterday: ‘Anxiety is not going to change tomorrow, but it can change your fight today, your battle today, because you’re worrying about stuff that your anxiety is not changing,’ ” Calipari said. “Whatever will happen will happen. So I’m trying to get them to stay in the moment and try to get better. You cannot worry about six months down the road, two months down the road. You can’t worry about our game the following week, the league play, the league tournament.

“Wonder what’s going to happen, what if I don’t … if I don’t make this shot … if I can’t … uh … uh … ah! Well then you can’t play. The battle they have every day in their minds, I tell them all the time: It’s not fair what we do here at Kentucky to you kids.”
  • #26 by jbcarol on 18 Jan 2017

• DraftExpress 2017 NBA mock draft

6. 76ers — De’Aaron Fox, PG, Kentucky
    7. Mavericks — Malik Monk, G, Kentucky

16. Hornets — Robert Williams, C/PF, Texas A&M
    17. Bucks — Bam Adebayo, C, Kentucky

• #27 by jbcarol on 23 Jan 2017
  • Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 15h15 hours ago

Perusing @chadfordinsider's Big Board. Major thing that stood out: the first FOURTEEN college players in the rankings are freshmen. Crazy.

Insider
  • #28 by jbcarol on 29 Jan 2017
  • Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 3m3 minutes ago

NBA mock draft 2017: 4 SEC players widely expected to be first-rounders
    https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nba-mock-draft-2017-guards-top-first-round-updates

Focusing on the SEC specifically, the conference is led by —
    De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk. Joining them as probably first rounders are teammate Bam Adebayo, a forward, South Carolina guard PJ Dozier and, of course, A&M big man Robert Williams.
  • #29 by Hawg Red on 03 Feb 2017
  • #30 by jbcarol on 05 Feb 2017

The early trend had young guards going at the top, which has benefitted Kentucky’s De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk. Recently, though, some big men are starting to trend upward... While some big men are trending upward, Kentucky’s Bam Adebayo has taken some hits...

Draft Express NBA mock draft

8. De’Aaron Fox, PG, Kentucky
    9. Malik Monk, G, Kentucky
    15. Robert Williams, PF/C, Texas A&M
    20. Bam Adebayo, C, Kentucky
  • #31 by jbcarol on 09 Feb 2017

• 8. Fox
    9. Monk
    15. Robert Williams, A&M
    21. Bam
  • #32 by jbcarol on 12 Feb 2017
  • Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 6h6 hours ago

NBA mock draft 2017: Several SEC players expected to be first-rounders 
    https://t.co/6SAUfCGaxG

8. Fox UK
  • #33 by jbcarol on 16 Feb 2017

7. De'Aaron Fox, PG, Kentucky, freshman
    The drawback is his dismal shooting, as he’s just 17.4 percent from three on the year.

8. Malik Monk, SG, Kentucky, freshman
    Monk is a tad undersized for a shooting guard.

14. Robert Williams, PF/C, Texas A&M, freshman
    Williams wasn’t expected to be this high on NBA Draft boards this early.

• #34 by jbcarol on 22 Feb 2017

Adebayo is enjoying a solid season — 12.7 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.6 blocks per game for a Final Four contender — opinions of his pro potential seem to be trending the wrong direction. Chad Ford, ESPN’s NBA draft guru, doesn’t even have the 6-foot-10, 260-pound Adebayo in the first round of his latest 2017 mock draft.

“I’ve always been a little bit more skeptical of him. I think he started in our late lottery, early teens, and has slowly kind of sunk down,” Ford told SEC Country on the latest episode of Everybody’s Superpod. “Look, at first glance, you look at Adebayo and you see an NBA body and you see NBA athleticism and he looks the part, right? He passes that test when you look at him. But I saw this in high school, and I think NBA scouts saw this in high school: Some of that elite body and elite athleticism don’t always translate on the court the same way, especially as a rebounder.”
  • #35 by jbcarol on 23 Feb 2017

NBA Trade Deadline is today, which means that several 2017 NBA Draft picks appear in rumors.

Kings acquired the New Orleans Pelicans’ No. 9 overall pick as part of the DeMarcus Cousins trade.

Draft Express

8 Fox
    9 Monk
    12 Robert Williams, A&M
    21 Eldrice Adebayo
  • #36 by jbcarol on 24 Feb 2017

“This draft goes maybe 10, 11, 12, even 13 players deep in guys that would in other drafts be considered top-5 prospects, and that’s extraordinary."
    --ESPN draft analyst Chad Ford

While he’s averaging 15.5 points, 5.3 assists and 4.2 rebounds – and is the biggest blur in college basketball – Fox is shooting just 17.3 percent from 3-point range.

“He’s the fastest guard in this draft. He has elite speed. I think he out-quicks Ball or Fultz. I think he’s the better defender than Ball and Fultz are,” Ford said. “But look, shooting is at a premium in the NBA. Teams want guards that can really shoot the basketball, and it’s very hard to select De’Aaron Fox when you have two guards that are 6-5 that are both shooting 40 percent from three and take a high volume and are real point guards. Really hard to say, ‘No, we’re going to take the other guy because he’s faster or he plays better defense,’ because it’s not like Fultz and Ball are unathletic.”

The shooting drops Fox out of the very top tier of guards in this draft, which also includes N.C. State star Dennis Smith Jr. They all hit at a much higher clip than Fox.

“It doesn’t look like anything is particularly wrong with his form – compared to Lonzo Ball, he looks like a textbook shooter – but it’s a red flag that the ball is not going in the basket,” Ford said, “and does take away an aspect of his game that, if he had that, I think he would be a better player and have a better season, and I think Kentucky would be having a better season.”
  • #37 by jbcarol on 03 Mar 2017
  •  Adam Zagoria‏ @AdamZagoria 13h13 hours ago

Yes This NBA Draft is Loaded, and Yes the Knicks Should Tank http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/03/02/yes-nba-draft-loaded-yes-knicks-tank/ … via @adamzagoria

“It’s a huge difference,” Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com said Thursday on The 4 Quarters Podcast. “If you look at historically what you can expect to get get in the top three, in the top five, in the top 10, and then once you get outside of the Top 10 the dropoff is just enormous. You’re pretty much drafting a backup 75 percent of the time once you get outside the Top 10.”

At this moment, DraftExpress.com has the Knicks taking 6-foot-5 international point guard Frank Ntilikina at No. 10. The players ahead of him include Fultz, Ball, Kansas wing Josh Jackson, NC State point guard Dennis Smith Jr., Duke small forward Jayson Tatum, Florida State small forward Jonathan Isaac, Arizona power forward Lauri Markkanen, and Kentucky guards De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk.

Five of the top 10 projected picks are point guards — a position the Knicks desperately need, especially if Derrick Rose leaves in free agency — and Monk could end up playing some point in the NBA, too.
  • #38 by jbcarol on 08 Mar 2017

• #39 by jbcarol on 16 Mar 2017

From Land of 10’s 2017 NBA mock draft ahead of the 2017 NCAA Tournament:

7 Malik Monk
     9 De'Aaron Fox
    10 Robert Williams, A&M
    21 Edrice Adebayo

32 PJ Dozier, SC
    47 Sin Thornwell, SC
    54 I. Briscoe
    56 Moses Kingsley
  • #40 by jbcarol on 19 Mar 2017