Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike White, former Ole Miss player and LaTech coach replaces Billy the Kid at Florida

Started by jbcarol, May 08, 2015, 07:23:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  12h 12 hours ago

UF hires La Tech's Mike White as new basketball coach- via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150507/ARTICLES/150509702 ...

A week after Billy Donovan left for the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder, Florida found its new basketball coach.

Louisiana Tech coach Mike White, a Florida native and former Ole Miss guard and assistant coach, was named UF's new men's basketball coach. The Gators announced the hiring of the 38-year-old White in a release Thursday night.

In four seasons, White led Louisiana Tech to a 101-40 record and three NIT appearances. Last year, White turned down offers to coach at Tennessee and Missouri to stay with Louisiana Tech after receiving a six-year extension. But apparently, White felt the chance to coach at UF was too good to pass up.

White agreed to terms on a six-year contract at Florida worth an average of $2 million per season.

"I have an incredible amount of respect for the University of Florida, and I am so excited to be a Gator," White said. "Not only is Florida home for me, but the tradition and success that the Gators have built make this an incredible opportunity. I know about the great home-court advantage in the O'Connell Center, which is a testament to the fans and the Rowdy Reptiles.

"There's an unbelievable commitment to excellence athletically and academically at UF, and it starts with the leadership of (UF president) Dr. (Kent) Fuchs and (Florida athletic director) Jeremy Foley. I look forward to returning to the SEC where I have a lot of great memories, and I can't wait to create many more alongside The Gator Nation."

White has big shoes to fill in replacing Donovan, who led the Gators to two national titles, four Final Fours and 14 NCAA Tournament appearances in 19 seasons.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Shawn Ward @GringoShawn  ·  10h 10 hours ago

@gatorhoops Classic Michael White photo from 97. This game is the one Derek Anderson hurt his knee.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  12h 12 hours ago

Mike White made the right call a year ago by turning down Missouri and Tennessee. Bet on himself and now has Florida gig.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Florida hires Mike White to replace Billy Donovan. Hasn't been to tourney --- but neither had Donovan when Foley tabbed him from Marshall.

jbcarol

Early indications are that White will keep Pelphrey and Grant will follow Billy to OKC.

jbcarol

Sean Isabella @ST_IsabellaTNS  ·  23m 23 minutes ago

My view on why Mike White made the right move. Florida simply made too much sense to ever say "no" http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/on-the-sidelines/2015/05/07/mike-white-made-right-choice-leaving-tech-for-florida/70979394/ ...

QuoteMichael White's departure from Louisiana Tech to Florida came rather swiftly.

Just three days after Billy Donovan's farewell press conference at Florida, athletic director Jeremy Foley reeled White in to become the Gators' next coach.

It's the right move.

White accomplished just about all he could during his four years at Louisiana Tech. He won 101 games, earned at least a share of three straight conference championships, brought the Bulldogs to three straight NITs, and more importantly, brought basketball excitement back to the community...

Of course there's a chance White fails, but if I'm a betting man, my money isn't going on black or red, it's going on White.

Could not win the conference tourney to get the NCAA bid.

jbcarol

Gator M-Basketball @GatorZoneMBK  ·  15h 15 hours ago

We are excited to announce Michael White is our new head coach!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein  ·  4h 4 hours ago

Mike White will bring Darris Nichols to Florida as an assistant coach, source told @CBSSports. Nichols was assistant under White at La Tech.

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria  ·  14h 14 hours ago

Florida commits Noah Dickerson and KeVaughn Allen both plan to meet w/ White and go from there, their coaches told http://SNY.tv .

NaturalStateReb

Knew it wouldn't be long before White got a major gig.  Some Ole Miss fans were talking about ditching Kennedy for White.  Don't advocate that, but it was pretty clear that White was an up-and-comer.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo  ·  6h 6 hours ago

New Florida coach Mike White won 75 regular season games over last 3 seasons 8th in the country, 1 more than Kentucky, Virginia & Wisconsin

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Work ethic, passion for basketball carry White to Florida: Those traits — competitiveness, perceptiveness and ... http://bit.ly/1QuzyHZ

It was 1998, and Ole Miss junior starter Michael White was summoned into his coach's office.

Then-Rebels coach Rob Evans was taking the temperature of all of his players during a tough three-game losing streak that included losses by one and two points. White had accepted his role as a steady, pass-first, point guard who averaged about seven to eight points per game.

When Evans asked what could be done differently, White responded: "Coach, I think I can give you more offense."

Evans heeded White's advice, drawing up more plays for him, and White responded with 14 points to lead Ole Miss to a win over Alabama. The next game, White had 16 points and six assists in guiding Ole Miss to its first win at Rupp Arena since 1927 over eventual national champion Kentucky.

"He wasn't afraid to challenge me," Evans said. "That's when I knew he had a future as a coach."

jbcarol

Malik Amin Grady @MalikG  ·  14h 14 hours ago

@marciaherold @gatorhoops One fact: UF will play faster. White was top 50 in tempo 3 out of last 4 yrs. UF 235th or worse the last 6 yrs.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Talked to one in-state AAU coach about Michael White, described him as being persistent and professional.

Malik Amin Grady @MalikG  ·  7h 7 hours ago
From 2009-2013, Michael White had $46,176/yr to recruit, lowest in Conference USA. UF, during same period? $283,261: http://bit.ly/1F71Qom

jbcarol

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  May 9
Keith Stone (http://scouthoops.scout.com/player/7855637n-keith-stone ...) told Scout that he talked to new Florida coach Mike White. They plan to meet sometime this coming week.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Michael White's father, Duke AD Kevin White, here for his introductory press conference at Florida.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  39m 39 minutes ago

White said he had "no trepidation ever" replacing Billy Donovan as coach at Florida. Said it was question that came up by Foley.

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  42m 42 minutes ago

Because his father, Kevin, is Duke AD, Kevin White said he's developed a relationship with Coach K, received advice. Calls it 'humbling.'

White said former Ole Miss/ASU coach Rob Evans is his great mentor in the profession.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  May 14

Dusty May no longer candidate at Tech, will join staff at Florida http://tnsne.ws/1bTq1L6

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  2h 2 hours ago

For new Florida coach Mike White to keep 3 out of 4 2015 signees (Allen, Stone, Hayes) is big. Makes it still a top 20 class. #Gators

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Athletics is family business for new UF coach: The games were played in the basement of the family house in Ma... http://bit.ly/1Fv8fvw

QuoteBefore becoming the basketball coach at Florida, before earning a scholarship and winning the starting point guard job at Ole Miss, Michael White would recreate his own version of the Final Four with his younger brothers, Danny and Brian.

"It was fullcourt," Danny White said. "We had the little Jordan Jammer, little plastic hoops in the basement. Me and both of my brothers would just go at it."

Fast-forward more than 20 years later, and the three White boys have all managed to build successful careers in college athletics. Michael White was named the ninth full-time UF basketball coach in school history on May 7. Younger brother Danny is in his third year as athletic director at Buffalo, while the youngest brother, Brian, is an assistant athletic director for development at Army.

"It was a really competitive household to say the least," Michael White said. "All of us were in athletics. We were all athletes. There were five of us cramped up together as we were moving across the country several different times.

"We're a very, very tight-knit family, but especially the middle part of the siblings, myself, and my two younger brothers, we're pretty close in age. We'd battle in football, soccer, basketball, what have you, but we had a lot of fun."

His father, Kevin White is Duke's AD.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  4h 4 hours ago

What are the chances of Michael White keeping Florida in the national discussion? @jeffborzello and I take a look: http://es.pn/1efoSzj [Insider]

QuoteMichael White -- no, not Archie Miller or Chris Mack -- was Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley's choice all along. Foley went with a young up-and-comer with strong bloodlines (he's the son of Duke athletic director Kevin White) who has yet to make an NCAA tournament in his four seasons as the head coach at Louisiana Tech.

Now the 38-year-old has the unenviable task of having to replace Billy Donovan.

White had opportunities a year ago but spurned other high-major programs to return to Louisiana Tech. He had his top three players back in the fold, and the Bulldogs won 27 games, posting a 15-3 record in C-USA -- but didn't win the league tourney and wound up in the NIT for the third consecutive season.

The time was right for White to leave -- and it was a no-brainer to go to Gainesville...

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein  ·  6h 6 hours ago

Mike White talks about replacing Billy Donovan, Florida's brand, and what he expects from the SEC. A Q & A @CBSSports http://cbsprt.co/1AbhkYl

QuoteCBSSports.com: It seemed like the process between you and Jeremy Foley (Florida's athletic director) went fairly quickly. What allowed there to be such an immediate connection?

White: I'm not sure, to be honest. You'd have to ask Jeremy in terms of his aggressiveness towards me and his eagerness to talk to me. I'm not sure -- it was very flattering for that type of passion to come from a guy who has the reputation that he has and an athletic department that has had as much success as this place has had. In terms of my interest, it was an absolute no-brainer. When he called and invited the conversation I jumped at it immediately. Through a few conversations, I became even more excited. We then got to the point where he eventually offered me the job.

CBSSports.com: It's well-documented that you turned down multiple SEC jobs in the past (Missouri and Tennessee). What made Florida different?

White: There was a timing factor. My wife was pregnant last spring and we weren't in a position with our young family -- five kids who are 8 and under -- to really want to move. I didn't want to break up our comfort level that we had at a great place like Louisiana Tech with great people. Timing was one factor and the difficulty in leaving was also a big factor. But the biggest factor in my wife and I's decision now to leave is the brand name of the University of Florida -- a place where I think you can have a ton of success. The opportunity to follow a legend in Coach Donovan and a chance to work with and for Jeremy Foley and the rest of his administration was also a big factor. The culture here is incredible and I think it's a situation where not only do they give you everything that you need to be successful, but it's also extremely educational. Just being around these people, they're all really, really good at what they do...

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  May 20

New UF coach Michael White putting early stamp on team in individual drills - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150520/ARTICLES/150529939 ...

QuoteWhite and his staff of three assistants, ranging in age from 28 to 39, have been on the court with players, knocking them around with tackling dummies, encouraging them and sometimes even getting under their skin a bit during individual drills.

"They are talking trash to us," Florida sophomore forward Devin Robinson said. "They just get us going."

Florida junior guard DeVon Walker said the trash talk is mostly good-natured.

"They motivate you," Walker said. "They hype you up. They make noise, it's great. You feel great every time you're out on the court with them.

"Sometimes they might hit you with a pad and say 'get big,' or something like that when they're like tiny. But you know it's great, that's how they talk trash to you, not talking down on you."

White completed his coaching staff late last week when he hired 39-year-old Dusty May from Louisiana Tech, the third assistant to join him from his prior job. Assistants Darris Nichols and Jordan Mincy came from Louisiana Tech with White the day he was hired.

jbcarol

The Gator Room was way more crowded than it was a week ago when we all said goodbye to Billy Donovan. Arrivals tend to draw better than departures and the crowd was a reflection of both Mike White's past and his future. [Good byes aren't all they're cracked up to be, DaniWex.]

There were coaches of other sports and current players. There was Bill Donovan, father of the previous coach, regaling old friends in the back of the room with tales of twisters and sirens in Oklahoma City.

There were White's parents and family friends. There were University Athletic Association employees. Yes, there were a handful of media members as well for this introductory news conference as the new era of Florida basketball tipped off.

QuoteA major criteria for Jeremy Foley when he is looking for a coach in any sport is that the coach has to want to be at Florida. If we took nothing else from White's first presser, it was that he wants to be at Florida. And IN Florida.

"We've always been drawn here," he said.

This wasn't as much a welcome as a welcome back. White was born in the state, is married to a young lady from Dunedin and has spent part of the last 13 summers vacationing with his family in Indian River.

He's also recruited the state extensively. He gets Florida. And he gets the University of Florida.

It wasn't that he was eager to leave Ruston, La., and that much was obvious when he turned down a pair of SEC schools last year. But Florida, man, Florida is home.

And Florida is, man, Florida is Florida.

"My head is spinning."

jbcarol

Joe B. Hall says that Michael White faces a daunting challenge replacing Billy Donovan at Florida. Hall ought to know. He made history by successfully following an icon (Adolph Rupp) at Kentucky.

Quote"Basketball ruled in Kentucky, and you had the support of the administration, the fans, the faculty, the community," Hall told The Gainesville Sun. "Everybody wanted to see Kentucky do well. And I don't think Billy had that kind of support at Florida. Two national championships back-to-back, he should have been king. And this was a school that hardly recognized the success they were having.

"And I think Billy Donovan is a super coach and a better person. He deserves whatever he got, and he'll keep on receiving whatever he does in life."

Sportswriter Kevin Brockway of The Gainesville Sun wrote that White should stage a Midnight Madness (discontinued by Florida in 2007) and invite the public to a pre-season scrimmage in order to create greater interest.

jbcarol

Robbie Andreu @RobbieAndreu  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Speaking of McElwain, he and new UF hoops coach Michael White met for the first time on the plane ride to the SEC meetings Tuesday.

Houston?  Houston?

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 4h4 hours ago

White's in-state recruiting ties date back to Ole Miss: New Florida basketball coach Michael White expressed i... http://bit.ly/1Rs9m1m

QuoteNew Florida basketball coach Michael White expressed in-state recruiting as a priority in his introductory press conference.

Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy, for one, knows about White's ability to recruit the Sunshine State. As an assistant at Ole Miss from 2004-11 (under Kennedy from 06-11), White helped land a handful of high school players from Florida. The most notable was Chris Warren, a former All-SEC point guard from Dr. Phillips in Orlando who played for the Rebels from 2007-11. Warren was available because the Gators had already signed McDonald's All-American point guards Nick Calathes and Jai Lucas in their 2007 class.

"It's ironic that we had a lot of (recruiting) success in Florida, and that was at Ole Miss and that was without that Gator on our chest," Kennedy said at the SEC spring meetings in Destin. "I think he's going to do a great job in his own state. Mike has an understanding, he is commited to a style of play. I think he'll recruit to that style. I think it will be entertaining. I'm excited for him to have the opportunity he's been given."

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 18h18 hours ago

UF men's basketball schedule update - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150528/articles/150529641 ...

QuoteFlorida's three permanent opponents are Kentucky, Georgia and Vanderbilt. Each SEC team will play the other 13 teams at least one time during league play. They will then play their three permanent opponents a second time and the remaining two games will be scheduled on a rotating basis. The full 2015-16 schedule will be announced in August.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 6h6 hours ago

White working on relationship with Finney-Smith: A key for new Florida basketball coach Michael White will be ... http://bit.ly/1G88pJI

QuoteA key for new Florida basketball coach Michael White will be to establish relationships with players he inherited.

One of those notable players is versatile fifth-year senior power forward Dorian Finney-Smith, who led the Gators in scoring (13.1 ppg) and rebounding (6.2 rpg) last season.

The 6-foot-9 Finney-Smith contemplated declaring for the NBA draft, but opted to return to UF in early April. In a statement regarding his return, Finney-Smith said he was "excited" to work with Billy Donovan. A month later, Donovan left UF for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

White has made getting to know Finney-Smith and other players on the roster a priority in his first month on the job.

"It's been positive," White said at SEC spring meetings in Destin. "It was obviously it was setback for him and for a few other guys, probably for all the guys on the roster, really. But Dorian and I have had extensive conversations. He's a great young man and I think he's very open."

Finney-Smith overcame a broken hand in November to become arguably UF's most consistent player during a disappointing 16-17 season in 2014-15. He also sat out three games due to a disciplinary suspension in February, but came back to average 14.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his final five games, including a pair of double-doubles against Tennessee (20 pts, 10 rebounds) and Alabama (23 points, 11 rebounds).

Finney-Smith's biggest growth in 2014-15 was from the perimeter. His 3-point shooting improved from 29.3 percent as a sophomore to 42.6 percent last season. That should fit with White's style, who, like Donovan, gives his players freedom to shoot from beyond the arc.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 14h14 hours ago

Florida transfer Eli Carter told @CBSSports he will take an official visit to Georgetown on Thursday. Immediately eligible.

jbcarol

Former Florida signee Noah Dickerson commits to Washington

QuoteFour-star power forward Noah Dickerson's trip through the recruiting process has been an interesting one, as the Monteverde Academy product first committed to Georgetown before deciding to reopen his recruitment. The 6-foot-8 Dickerson would then commit to and sign with Florida, only to see head coach Billy Donovan move on to the NBA.

The lone member of Florida's recruiting class to decide not to head to Gainesville, Dickerson announced Thursday night that he's decided to join Lorenzo Romar's program at Washington.

Dickerson is the seventh freshman in Washington's Class of 2015 recruiting haul, with junior college transfer Malik Dime and Auburn transfer Matthew Atewe being the other additions.

Noah Dickerson ‏@NDickerson41

I've finally found my home. I'm a Washington Husky 🐺🐺
5:25 PM - 4 Jun 2015

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com ‏@Gator_sports  33m33 minutes ago
Forward follows White to Florida http://bit.ly/1AYLgHD

QuoteJustin Leon, a junior college forward who signed with Louisiana Tech in April, has decided to follow White to UF.

"After reviewing my options I have decided to go to Gainesville Florida and join the Gators," Leon announced on his Twitter account.

jbcarol

Keith SoSmooth Stone ‏@Keith_Stone25 11 hours ago

Can't wait for next year 🏀new challenges and Better players and a new uniform 🐊🙌 #23

jbcarol

Don Calderone ‏@doncalderone 15m15 minutes ago

@gatorhoops glad to see the boys returning even though Billy D is no longer there

jbcarol

David Jones ‏@DaveJonesSports Jun 18

Keep my beach clean new #Gators coach: New Gators hoops coach is a big Brevard County fan http://on.flatoday.com/1MLEllE  via @Florida_Today

QuoteMichael White, the guy who was hired to replace Billy Donovan, knows Brevard County pretty well. In fact, his whole family does. His father, Kevin, is the athletics director at Duke and has owned a home in the area for years.

"We've been down there about 13 years, actually," Kevin White said. "So our family is, we've got our five kids and four of the five are married, and we've got 12 grand kids. So 100 on the beach with the extended family? That's not an exaggeration."

Michael White rattled off the names of several local restaurants and made sounds of glee in the anticipation of returning soon.

Kevin, on the other hand, jokes about the onslaught of Whites that will be invading your beach space in the coming weeks.

"We've got a reputation," he joked, "and it's not great."

Actually both Whites have a great reputation. Florida AD Jeremy Foley quickly took a liking to Mike, who played college hoops at Ole Miss and quickly became a hot coaching prospect for him at Louisiana Tech before the Gators hired him.

Kevin actually tried to talk his son out of coaching. He talked him into trying out a couple of jobs outside of athletics but didn't win out.

"I was hoping that our guys would look to do some other things. I thought we needed a little more professional creativity. So I did send him to Wall Street one summer, I did send him to Maine for a manufacturing experience," Kevin said. "And he went under protest both times, and of course he would call me late at night and say 'Dad, I just played in a league and there's a guy with a left and he's really good, and do you remember this?' He didn't learn anything at Wall Street, nor did he learn about manufacturing.''

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops  2h2 hours ago
UF basketball makes it official, signs JUCO transfer: The Florida men's basketball team made it official Tuesd... http://bit.ly/1fyz6vk

QuoteFlorida men's basketball team made it official Tuesday, adding another member to the incoming 2015 class by signing junior college transfer Justin Leon.

Leon, who will be able to compete immediately and has two seasons of eligibility remaining, was a junior college All-American this past season after averaging a double-double (21.5 ppg., 10.0 rpg.) at Shawnee (Ill.) Community College.

Leon, a 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward from Conway, Ark., joins a class of three of incoming freshmen, all ranked in the top 80 of the ESPN100 recruit rankings for the 2015 class, including, KeVaughn Allen, Kevarrius Hayes and Keith Stone.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com ‏@Gator_sports 2h2 hours ago

New beginning for UF basketball http://bit.ly/1C3hHoW

Michael White won't be the only new face when the Florida men's basketball team takes the court this fall.

Four new players will be competing for starting roles when the White era begins in November. Incoming freshmen KeVaughn Allen, Kevarrius Hayes and Keith Stone as well as junior college transfer Justin Leon will look to make an immediate impact in Gainesville.

The three freshmen are already on campus, and White can't wait to see what each one brings to the table.

"These three freshmen, the biggest thing that I'm looking for is to find out what we have," White said Monday on the SEC men's basketball summer teleconference. "Evaluating them in terms of their strengths and weaknesses and the best ways for them to help this program will be first and foremost."

Stone and Hayes are each ESPN four-star forwards, and Allen is an ESPN four-star guard. All three are looking to make an immediate impact with the departure of Michael Frazier II, Chris Walker, Jacob Kurtz and Eli Carter...

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 4m4 minutes ago

UF's non-conference basketball schedule set: Michael White will get tested early and often in his first year a... http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150707/ARTICLE/150709733/-1/TOPIC072001

QuoteGAINESVILLE - Michael White will get tested early yet often in his first year as Florida basketball coach.

The Gators have put together another challenging non-conference schedule that includes three true road games and three neutral court games. In addition, Florida has guaranteed games against at least five power-conference opponents and possibly six if UF meets Purdue in the Hall of Fame Tipoff Classic.

"This is a first-rate schedule, and we will learn a lot about our team early on," White said. "Everyone here is looking forward to the season and I know Gator Nation shares our enthusiasm, so we're continuing to work hard every day in preparation."

The toughest stretch will come the second week of December. The Gators will play Dec. 8 at Miami. Then, on Dec. 12, Florida will play at Michigan State in the first meeting between the two schools since 2009...

jbcarol

New Florida men's basketball coach Michael White and his family are settling in in Gainesville.

QuoteSitting in his office wearing an orange Gator golf shirt, White talked about how important it is for his players to take jumps from last season and how impressed he has been with the attitudes of players who, well, let's face it, kind of got the rug pulled out from under them when Donovan abruptly left.

Most of these guys signed to play for that guy on the wall, the guy who earned all those trophies and helped cut down all of those nets.

It was something that concerned White walking in to the job, but not anymore.

"This isn't what they signed up for," White said. "But they've been receptive and they've handled it with a lot of maturity and they've worked really hard.

"It has been really smooth. I feel really good about what's transpired over the last couple of months."

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/gatorhoops/status/636036425851531264

New UF coach Mike White mentions pg position can be handled by committee, Hill, Chiozza, Francis-Ramirez and Ke Vaughn Allen can handle ball

White "our freshman are talented, but mute" wants them to be more vocal

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 36m36 minutes ago Sanford, FL

Mike White gets a nice hand as he's introduced at #Gator Madness.

Poor KeVaughn Allen looked scared to death walking through the smoke as he was introduced. Shy kid.

Titus O'Neil -- "this is last time they'll be doing this at Gator Madness" memo to Titus, also the first time, haven't done this since 06.

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com ‏@Gator_sports 9h9 hours ago

Check out photos of @TitusONeilWWE and the @GatorsMBK from #GatorsMadness (photo by @stamey) http://bit.ly/1FLRf4W 

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 19m19 minutes ago

Mike White " a lot of our 3s will depend on how well we play down low, how often we get to FT line."

White said freshman G Ke Vaughn Allen suffered concussion first practice, but should be back in limited role today

White said they are calling C John Egbunu "Johnny Clinic" because of his defensive ability in practice

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 10m10 minutes ago

Devon Walker on Egbunu - "He's contesting every shot. He's a defensive force."