Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee

Started by RebelW, March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: str8volfan on September 02, 2016, 06:16:25 pm
why do you wallow in the mud with these morons?
Overwhelming majority of people on this site are good as gold. A few knuckle heads won't deter me.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:23:49 pm
Shockingly you missed the point. Let me type slower for you. I'm going to watch you be miserable because as UT wins. See? Not hard.
Well your distain for the Hogs is evident and so the distinction of which team(s) you mean isn't always clear. However, to give you the benefit of the doubt I suppose if the Hogs were to win the West then face your Vols and win the SECC you'd be happy for us? Yeah, RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTT!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:24:55 pm
Overwhelming majority of people on this site are good as gold. A few knuckle heads won't deter me.
Well you're certainly an expert on knuckle heads. You've been living with one all your life.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 06:27:17 pm
Well your distain for the Hogs is evident and so the distinction of which team(s) you mean isn't always clear. However, to give you the benefit of the doubt I suppose if the Hogs were to win the West then face your Vols and win the SECC you'd be happy for us? Yeah, RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTT!
LOL my disdain for the Hogs? You struggle in life don't you. Bless your heart.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:09:35 pm
I'm going to enjoy watching you be miserable as the season plays out.
we are going to have a fine season. no misery here. We are on the upswing.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 02, 2016, 06:38:26 pm
we are going to have a fine season. no misery here. We are on the upswing.
LOL I see you're still missing the point quite often. Bless your heart

tusksincolorado

It is amazing to me that when a certain faction of bragging trolls disappears (ie: Barners and Old Pizzers) when their team returns to the bottom, then another group of trolls begin to appear.

At least they are intelligent enough to post in the correct forum....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ALLVOL

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 02, 2016, 06:48:40 pm
It is amazing to me that when a certain faction of bragging trolls disappears (ie: Barners and Old Pizzers) when their team returns to the bottom, then another group of trolls begin to appear.

At least they are intelligent enough to post in the correct forum....
I've been posting on here regularly for 10 years. I've been a Hog for for more than 20 years. But hey, I'm just a recent troll...

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:51:37 pm
I've been posting on here regularly for 10 years. I've been a Hog for for more than 20 years. But hey, I'm just a recent troll...

Nope, just like some current Republicans I know....confused and misguided.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:42:10 pm
LOL I see you're still missing the point quite often. Bless your heart
"Bless your heart" ???  Clever. Your mom teach you that all by herself?

str8volfan

ALLVOL

Quote from: str8volfan on September 03, 2016, 11:27:26 pm
App St>La Tech
Don't be a prick. They struggled early and we struggled early. Both UT and Arkansas were both clearly the better team. But $Hit happens. Both will be fine.
Remember, this is a Hog home so be respectful. Good people on this site.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/773147887702278144

QuoteButch Jones had good intentions after Tennessee somehow escaped Appalachian State's clutches on Thursday night, when he went around the field congratulating the visiting team's players for their efforts.

But there was something — off — about the timing of his grandest gesture: a quick stop into App State's postgame huddle to point at various players and presumably give praise to the defeated Mountaineers.

App State coach Scott Satterfield appeared to be in the middle of an important postgame speech (remember: this was moments after the most gut-wrenching loss a Sun Belt team can possibly endure) and the players looked wholly unhappy to see Jones butt in.

The Mountaineers were the better team on Thursday, and — in that moment Jones interrupted them — they clearly did not care for affirmation from the Volunteers coach.

https://twitter.com/AmazingSprtsPic/status/772098892426907648
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

I told you they were pissed about that darn. "A class Act"!!!! You gotta be friggin kidding me.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 06, 2016, 05:38:37 pm
I told you they were pissed about that darn. "A class Act"!!!! You gotta be friggin kidding me.
Butch Jones must have stolen your girlfriend or lunch money. You have a serious hard on for the guy.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 06, 2016, 06:29:28 pm
Butch Jones must have stolen your girlfriend or lunch money. You have a serious hard on for the guy.
just because you keep repeating that and I have ignored it thus far ; I will respond, I guess... your repetition of the statement doesn't make it so. I have nothing in particular against Butch or Tennessee; rooted for them both at times. But it is ALL ABOUT BUTCH with Butch, and his selfish ways and the way he pats himself on the back; the arrogance (like bragging about culture during rapegate), addressing those kids after they had played their hearts out and SEC refmonster had stolen the game (in their -and my-eyes) and acting like it's a classy move... it's a turnoff. As people have pointed out, it wasn't classy at all, it was trolling them. Maybe he is too simple-minded to even realize that. I could actually believe that.

You telling me over and over how mad I'm going to be when you win the SEC EAST and you saying that I have a boner for Butch is stupid. I couldn't care less if you guys win the SEC- but it isn't going to happen. Best case scenario is you win the East and get pummeled AGAIN by Bama. And I have3 nothing against Butch per SE, but I won't stand by silently when slimeVols praise him like a Savior. He is ass, bro, and you will agree someday- although you will NEVER say I was right.

We see through you.
@Slackaveli

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 06, 2016, 06:41:02 pm
just because you keep repeating that and I have ignored it thus far ; I will respond, I guess... your repetition of the statement doesn't make it so. I have nothing in particular against Butch or Tennessee; rooted for them both at times. But it is ALL ABOUT BUTCH with Butch, and his selfish ways and the way he pats himself on the back; the arrogance (like bragging about culture during rapegate), addressing those kids after they had played their hearts out and SEC refmonster had stolen the game (in their -and my-eyes) and acting like it's a classy move... it's a turnoff. As people have pointed out, it wasn't classy at all, it was trolling them. Maybe he is too simple-minded to even realize that. I could actually believe that.

You telling me over and over how mad I'm going to be when you win the SEC EAST and you saying that I have a boner for Butch is stupid. I couldn't care less if you guys win the SEC- but it isn't going to happen. Best case scenario is you win the East and get pummeled AGAIN by Bama. And I have3 nothing against Butch per SE, but I won't stand by silently when slimeVols praise him like a Savior. He is ass, bro, and you will agree someday- although you will NEVER say I was right.

We see through you.

You're making butch sound like hootie.   Say it ain't so....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 06, 2016, 06:41:02 pm

We see through you.
LOL I think everyone on this site who has read your posts (especially this one) will agree with me. You're obsessed and it's hilarious. I can see the vein in your forehead bulging. LOL. Poor fella

greenEGnHAWGS

I would love to hear others thoughts, but I played high-school sports and we played in tournaments in St Louis and OK, and had some awesome games...but I've been in games where we were the underdogs and should've won but lost it at the end...and the absolute last thing that I would want to hear was the other coach coming over for a post-game pep-talk.

Seems like Butch just has no concept of the sentiments of players after a game like this. Well...no concept or like mentioned before...he knows the cameras are on him and to everyone (except the players involved) it looked like a classy move. But no one cared what he said. I don't think 1 player even nodded. So, to tell me that this was a "Classy Move" by him is ludicrous. 
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jbcarol

Emily Thomas @emilyETthomas

How 1 of my students (2nd grade) felt about the @Vol_Football game Thursday. 😂 She ended it with.... "Go Vols." 🍊
7:21 PM - 6 Sep 2016

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 06, 2016, 07:05:46 pm
You're making butch sound like hootie.   Say it ain't so....
He's Hooter with a 1968 Flattop haircut.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 06, 2016, 07:36:39 pm
LOL I think everyone on this site who has read your posts (especially this one) will agree with me. You're obsessed and it's hilarious. I can see the vein in your forehead bulging. LOL. Poor fella
That is your best post yet proving how out of touch you are. The poster above you knows it's true, everybody HERE mocks you for your homerism and inability to see anything except your tiny little tennessee-style-republican view of the world. You are a glutton for punishment, though, I'll give you that. Wish you had posted tis in a more viewed forum so that Hogville could set you straight, again.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 06, 2016, 08:18:29 pm
I would love to hear others thoughts, but I played high-school sports and we played in tournaments in St Louis and OK, and had some awesome games...but I've been in games where we were the underdogs and should've won but lost it at the end...and the absolute last thing that I would want to hear was the other coach coming over for a post-game pep-talk.

Seems like Butch just has no concept of the sentiments of players after a game like this. Well...no concept or like mentioned before...he knows the cameras are on him and to everyone (except the players involved) it looked like a classy move. But no one cared what he said. I don't think 1 player even nodded. So, to tell me that this was a "Classy Move" by him is ludicrous.
SEE SlimeVol?? Everybody sees through the elemantary-ass game that Butch exudes.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jbcarol on September 07, 2016, 07:49:49 am
Emily Thomas @emilyETthomas

How 1 of my students (2nd grade) felt about the @Vol_Football game Thursday. 😂 She ended it with.... "Go Vols." 🍊
7:21 PM - 6 Sep 2016

This is great! that picture!!
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 07, 2016, 11:40:57 am
SEE SlimeVol?? Everybody sees through the elemantary-ass game that Butch exudes.
You love him.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/773688939047706624

QuoteLose: Butch Jones, Tennessee

No. 17 Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech – 8 p.m. Saturday in Bristol, Tenn. (ABC)

It's only been a week and Jones' seat is already warming. The Volunteers looked less than impressive against Appalachian State in the opener, and would have lost had Tennessee failed to recover a fumble in the end zone in overtime.

Now, Jones is playing against a middling Power 5 team in a game that will draw national attention. The Volunteers can't just beat Virginia Tech – they have to slaughter the Hokies. Anything less and Jones' seat will go from warm to scalding.

Lose: Gus Malzahn, Auburn

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbcarol on September 08, 2016, 09:34:44 am
https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/773688939047706624

Jones seat is NOT warm. Very foolish statement.
And who knows if UT doesn't recover the fumble in the end zone that they lose? App St couldn't move the ball in OT and how good was their kicker?
Foolish statements.

southarkhog06

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 08, 2016, 12:26:11 pm
And who knows if UT doesn't recover the fumble in the end zone that they lose? App St couldn't move the ball in OT and how good was their kicker?
Foolish statements.
LOL, its funny that you smugly deride Pokey for hating Jones yet every slightly negative thing said about him you lead the charge to slob on his knob like a freshman bobblehead.

King Kong

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 08, 2016, 12:26:11 pm
Foolish statements.

Seat is getting warmer. if he finish 3rd in the East it's going to real hot as UT will lose a lot of key players after this season

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 08, 2016, 03:38:47 pm
LOL, its funny that you smugly deride Pokey for hating Jones yet every slightly negative thing said about him you lead the charge to slob on his knob like a freshman bobblehead.
dude is a strange cat and an ultra vol homer. A year from now we'll all joke about back when he defended Butch. He'll probably call me delusional and all will be as it should be in the world.

@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 08, 2016, 03:38:47 pm
I'm a UT fan so when I see stuff in the Tennessee thread I read it. If the point is wrong I point it out. PIP has a weird crush on Jones. 3 things in life you can count on. Death, taxes and PIP posting about Jones.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 08, 2016, 07:51:23 pm
I'm a UT fan so when I see stuff in the Tennessee thread I read it. If the point is wrong I point it out. PIP has a weird crush on Jones. 3 things in life you can count on. Death, taxes and PIP posting about Jones.
YOU are the one mind-humpimg Butch's leg every day.
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 09, 2016, 10:59:47 am
YOU are the one mind-humpimg Butch's leg every day.

LOL ok man. But like I said, everyone knows. Maybe you can come to a game in Knoxville and I'll see if I can get you a meet and greet with your crush.

jbcarol

str8volfan

this was the best presentation of the national anthem Ive ever seen.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/lnSeHblEcOY";

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/775309300411559936

QuoteThe Good

The Receivers

All that talk in the preseason about the Vols not having a deep enough corps of receivers seems like wasted breath right about now.

Tennessee hasn't exhibited enough consistency throwing the football to worry about running the sort of hurry-up offense that would require shuffling eight to 10 receivers in during the course of the game to stay fresh.

jbcarol

Tennessee's 28-19 victory over Ohio on Saturday was somewhat mitigated by injuries suffered by key defensive players Cam Sutton and Reeves-Maybin

Quote15th-ranked Vols (3-0) will play Florida at 3:30 p.m. ET next Saturday with the SEC East Division lead and a nine-game winning streak on the line.

The Gators have defeated UT 11 consecutive years in what has become a bitter rivalry.

Sutton, a lockdown cornerback, will be out an extended amount of time according to coach Butch Jones...

Reeves-Maybin injured his shoulder on special teams in the second quarter. The senior outside linebacker had shoulder surgery in the spring...

runninhog

Tennessee may just win next weekend against Florida, since the Gators QB looks to be out.

Fan1958

Not sure the Orange Nation should be real comfortable right now.  Struggled mightily with a team that gave up 546 yards and lost to the same team Arkansas beat handily and held to 105 yards. App State not very good and Va Tech is weak.

Only saving grace is the SEC East would struggle in the 7A West. 

EDIT:  Oops, sorry.  Didn't see the 23 page thread about 2 topics down.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

jbcarol

jbcarol

September 20, 2016, 10:59:36 am #1140 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:10:44 am by jbcarol
https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/777963056248811521

QuoteJones added his belief that media covering Tennessee tend to create more than a reasonable level of skepticism toward the Vols and occasionally create issues that "aren't real."

Jones also said — perhaps in jest, perhaps not — that he was creating a journal of all the issues Tennessee beat writers either hyperbolized or invented this season. He didn't specify what had or hadn't made that list so far this season.

"That's why I keep a journal, is each week there's something that is ... what do I want to say ... the major issue," Jones said during his weekly Monday press conference inside the Ray and Lucy Hand Digital Studio. "It's a catastrophe. It's blown out of proportion. It's like I told (sports information officials), I'm charting week to week, what we blow in the media, the main issues. And then at the end of the year, I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna relive those. We spend so much time creating sometimes things that really aren't there. We make 'em real when they're not real..."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 2h2 hours ago

Tennessee's 11-game losing streak to Florida is more painful than streak
to Alabama (1971-81). Why? Read my blog
http://www.sportsradiownml.com/2016/09/21/jimmys-blog-gators-gonna-hate ... ...

QuoteTennessee's game this Saturday against heated rival Florida will be the biggest in Butch Jones' tenure on Rocky Top.

I wonder if that will make it into Jones' media journal of exaggerations.

A Tennessee loss will send the fan base into a tizzy.

A Tennessee win will dispense the Gator ghosts that have haunted UT's program for the past 11 years.

More importantly, it will be a huge step toward winning the SEC East Division – as so many predicted Tennessee would.

Tennessee has never experienced a losing streak to an opponent like this one.

Yes, I know Alabama won 11 in a row from 1971-81. But nine of those Crimson Tide teams lost no more than one game. And the other two were 9-3 and 9-2. Moreover, those Bama teams were ranked 4-3-2-4-6-20-4-4-1-1-15 when they played Tennessee. And all were to Bear Bryant.

During Florida's streak, the Gators had a 4-8 team and three others that lost at least five games, all since 2010. Two of those Gator teams were unranked and three were ranked 16 or higher. Three Florida coaches share in the streak.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 21h21 hours ago

Vince Ferrara research: UT has started 0-2 in SEC play eight
years in a row, and 4-28 in first 4 SEC games over last 8 years.

Dr. Starcs

Tennessee looking great so far.

passinghog

ErieHog

Wow, 12 years. There are newlyweds in Tennessee that have never seen the Vols beat the Gators.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

HogPharmer

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 24, 2016, 03:59:17 pm
Tennessee looking great so far.

Playing lights out. Only problem is that they're playing with their own lights out.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Rayzback

Dropping the ball might have won them the game against App St., but it's come back to haunt them today.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin