Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eric Sullivan

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 15, 2017, 12:04:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

He has been defending Dick Vitale all night long! He needs to go back to Texas https://twitter.com/ericsully1037/status/841862263426428932
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

lefty08

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 15, 2017, 12:45:49 am
Voice is annoying, their show sucks

Pretty much sums it up

He plays the role of Arkansas antagonist
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Nosboar Accubond

This dude needs to go back to whatever hole he came here from... he's clueless about what made hog ball what it was...

https://twitter.com/ericsully1037/status/841879633956114432

Nosboar Accubond

lefty08

Well, he is from Mena.....
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Nosboar Accubond

Nosboar Accubond

Nosboar Accubond

Here's a perfect example. Nolan would of still been spewing about the game and his players would have come out Friday intensely focused. This dude doesn't get it.

https://twitter.com/ericsully1037/status/841861342139170816

lefty08

He is also a basketball expert and will challenge any caller because he did play for arkansas tech

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Eric has proven to be even worse than Trey Schapp when it comes to trying to push his opinion
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 15, 2017, 06:28:23 am
Eric has proven to be even worse than Trey Schapp when it comes to trying to push his opinion
Wouldnt be a big deal if his opinion wasn't so moronic

Ironhawg

I had to make a trip to Little Rock yesterday so while driving I went in search of Razorback talk radio and landed on their show.  During the approximately 30 minutes that I listened, they spent the entire time discussing the Dickie V situation.  The only interesting bit of information I came away with is that the Seton Hall coach was relieved when he found out they drew the Hogs in the first round.
I am so glad I have other options for Hog sports radio.  Just from what little I listened I came away with the impression that Mr. Sullivan might pay lip service to being a Razorback fan, but that is about as far as his fandom really goes.  I won't be listening to their show again.

Jackrabbit Hog

Loved his variety show back in the '60s, especially when he had the Beatles on.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Letsroll1200

Eric Sullivan magnifies every negative thing about this team. On the show yesterday he mentioned that Arkansas should take notes on how Villanova played Seton Hall in the Big Least Tournament. The score was 55-53 Villanova over Seton Hall. Arkansas can not afford to get in a half court, low scoring games against Seton Hall. 

PORKULATOR

Eric Sullivan is a joke.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

code red

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on March 15, 2017, 06:11:02 am
Here's a perfect example. Nolan would of still been spewing about the game and his players would have come out Friday intensely focused. This dude doesn't get it.

https://twitter.com/ericsully1037/status/841861342139170816
Wow dude is throwing zone and halfcourt around.  He ain't messing around. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HognitiveDissonance

I agree with Eric that people are making too much of this. As I posted yesterday, people lost their cool. That includes the pre-game smack, Monk, and the hard fouls. All the above.
Eric is from Mena and goes to nearly every game, home and away. He knows the Hogs. I'm sure he left Dallas to come back to Arkansas BECAUSE he would rather be following the Hogs.

Having said that, I find their new show un-listenable at times. Medford and Sullivan know their stuff, sure, definitely more 'up' on the sports scene than Matt Jones/Schapp. But no one ever shuts up. They're constantly talking over each other, interrupting each other, trying to be too cute. One person talk at a time, please. Let someone finish their thought before interrupting them. It's like there are two 'play-by-play' guys trying to call the game at the same time. When you need a 'play-by-play' guy, and then an analyst, WHO TAKE TURNS TALKING.

And I actually like Freaky Joe's take on things most time, he's another voice in there.

Bottom line, these guys are more 'brilliant' about sports, but their show isn't as good. I would rather listen to Rainwater's show or the Schapp/Jones show, those grate on the nerves less. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 15, 2017, 08:22:07 am
Eric Sullivan is a joke.

Maybe his uncle Steve can get him on as a part time weather man 'cause he sucks at sports radio.

Hogginintheville

Where is their show out of?

PintailKiller

Quote from: Hogginintheville on March 15, 2017, 10:37:14 am
Where is their show out of?

Little Rock on 103.7.  Worst show on sports radio in AR
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Hogfan1660

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 15, 2017, 10:40:53 am
Little Rock on 103.7.  Worst show on sports radio in AR

I wasn't aware that 103.7 had any good shows on it..... Just sayin

RealHog

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 15, 2017, 10:47:31 am

The Zone 10-1 with Justin Acri and Pat Bradley is great. They aren't necessarily just sports though. Any other show I try to immediately change the channel to. Mattingly out of NWA is so far superior for actual Hogs/sports radio.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 15, 2017, 08:14:09 am
Loved his variety show back in the '60s, especially when he had the Beatles on.

I though he did the news back then.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rocket23

Sometimes Eric is attempting to drive listeners to call in and they will...  he is pretty basketball knowledgable.  But I can't listen to the show because of Dave.  He has a very nasally voice and knows jack about sports.  It is embarrassing sometimes.  Would be a much better show if it was just Sully and Joe.

But this whole Hog situation was blown way out of hand.  Dusty admitted he got caught up in the moment of a hard screen.  He was wrong and paid the penalty of an F1.  Moses' foul want intentionally a "dirty" foul I don't believe.  He said he anticipated Fox lofting an alley oop, so he jumped in anticipation of just that.  Then Fox gets off balance or stumbles a bit and ends up taking it to the hole.  You could even see the "oh crap" look in Moses' eyes.  I don't think it would have been called an F2 if not for Dusty's foul shortly before and all the mouthing and choppiness throughout the game by both sides.

Vitals is a tool and theaterically overreacted.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 15, 2017, 11:48:52 am
I though he did the news back then.....................

No, you big dummy!  That was Eric Severance.  Joan's husband.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 15, 2017, 12:11:56 pm
No, you big dummy!  That was Eric Severance.  Joan's husband.

Joan of Arc?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jdlittle

103.7 missed the boat with this crew , not quite as bad as matt jones and company, don't listen and certainly don't value any of their opinions.  Wish they would put espn or someone in that time slot.  Just listen to  104.3 instead  sometimes.   Or just read hogville. 

RyeHogFan

Quote from: jdlittle on March 15, 2017, 12:59:48 pm
103.7 missed the boat with this crew , not quite as bad as matt jones and company, don't listen and certainly don't value any of their opinions.  Wish they would put espn or someone in that time slot.  Just listen to  104.3 instead  sometimes.   Or just read hogville.

I seem to remember 103.7 having the Jim Rome show in that spot several years ago. Seems like the slot for blowhards.

John Snow

SPAL

Wasn't he the taskmaster for the dungeon of doom back in wcw?

SPAL

Rawker

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 15, 2017, 10:47:31 am

It doesn't.  If the anus of a person with stomach flu was a radio speaker, what comes out of it would be 103.7 programming and personalities (except for Pat....nice guy, but I still wouldn't listen to one of the infinitely annoying shows he's on).