Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Drake Wade in trouble or something?

Started by -Blu, January 12, 2013, 07:03:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Drake in trouble or something?  He received very little play time this game, and didn't get to start.  I thought he was one of our more consistent starters, always plays tough defense and doesn't make bad decisions too often.  I would have liked to have seen a starting lineup with Gully,Wade,Young,Mickelson, and Powell.  I like Scott, but he is just too inconsistent and he's out of control more often than not.

Brand X Hog Fan

Cold shooting the last few games and we really needed to give GIII the start at point to see how he'd do. I think he is going to win that job.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on January 12, 2013, 07:08:14 pm
Cold shooting the last few games and we really needed to give GIII the start at point to see how he'd do. I think he is going to win that job.
What was the starting lineup?

cardsNhogs

He is a good on ball defender and spot up three point shooter. Not shooting well and replaced probably a better on ball defender and distributer in Fred Gulley

MikePiazza

Anderson is tired of him playing so tentative and not looking for his shot more.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 12, 2013, 07:13:26 pm
He is a good on ball defender and spot up three point shooter. Not shooting well and replaced probably a better on ball defender and distributer in Fred Gulley
Gulley seems very comfortable with the ball in his hands.  Maybe not a scorer, but definitely what you said.  I wish he was a scorer.

-Blu

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 12, 2013, 07:13:26 pm

Yea but wouldn't u think we'd replace Ricky before Drake?  I think drake brings a lot more consistency to the table. 

mhuff

Quote from: daSnake014 on January 12, 2013, 07:19:29 pm
Yea but wouldn't u think we'd replace Ricky before Drake?  I think drake brings a lot more consistency to the table. 

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Mason

Mardracus Wade ‏@WadeNoDwyane

Smh.... This is crazy... Can't believe that.... I been here for three years now and I work my ass off.... O well #HogBall🏀
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

chiefhawg

Quote from: Mason on January 12, 2013, 08:04:47 pm

Smh.... This is crazy... Can't believe that.... I been here for three years now and I work my ass off.... O well #HogBall🏀

Maybe he should talk to the Coach rather than his twitter followers. Anderson called him out after the A&M game.  "27 minutes and not one rebound".

ATU HOG

Can't shoot
Can't rebound
Can't play defense

Until he finds his shot again, he is almost useless on the court. 

Porked Tongue

Smithian

OMG PELPHREY HAS LOST CONTROL OF HIS TEAM

See folks, this happens with any coach.

pigzwillrise

after that A&M game, not a single player should open his mouth and speak negatively for the rest of this season... that was absolutely shameful... apparently this team is full of cry babies that don't understand what winning really is.. no pride.. no heart.. Wade should shut his mouth and earn it back in practice and STOP DISAPPEARING IN BIG GAMES IF YOU WANT MORE PLAYING TIME

WilsonHog

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 12, 2013, 08:29:22 pm
after that A&M game, not a single player should open his mouth and speak negatively for the rest of this season... that was absolutely shameful... apparently this team is full of cry babies that don't understand what winning really is.. no pride.. no heart.. Wade should shut his mouth and earn it back in practice and STOP DISAPPEARING IN BIG GAMES IF YOU WANT MORE PLAYING TIME

"Full of crybabies?"

You get that from one tweet?

Swinesong1

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 12, 2013, 08:29:22 pm
This is the attitude that lack of competition brings on!  I really think the holdovers feel untouchable and entitled.  Right now, they are probably seen as necessary evils by Anderson. Sure Gulley can take the spot of the holdover guards but Anderson can't get around playing them all right now.  This is why I truly hope he has not stopped recruiting for the 2013 class!

PonderinHog

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 12, 2013, 07:12:53 pm
Anderson is tired of him playing so tentative and not looking for his shot more.

This! Not playing with confidence! If he can not find the shot he will be better suited coming off the bench.

Letsroll1200

Smh.... This is crazy... Can't believe that.... I been here for three years now and I work my ass off.... O well #HogBall

Can't believe that he would go to twitter. Very disappointed in Wade just a like of leadership. Your play will determine if you start or not! Get over it and help this team win games. Anderson is trying to win and not pacify players that's not performing. If he works his butt off keep workiing your butt off.

Hooch

Quote from: Smithian on January 12, 2013, 08:26:52 pm

Dude your crap is so old.  I was actually with you on a lot of your views on the previous regime, but let it go. 

Now you just sound like the jilted fat girl who got her bf stolen, and just sits around and makes comments about how she would be skinny too if she, blah, blah, blah. 

Seriously its enough already, you are making JB as bad as the majority of idiots made it a couple years ago. 

pigzwillrise

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 12, 2013, 08:32:48 pm
"Full of crybabies?"

You get that from one tweet?
I'm not sure if Powell is a crybaby but he sure shows a lot of laziness.. he only plays when he wants to.. and that is lazy... Kye Madden might not be a crybaby or lazy but he is cocky... he thinks he is a 1 and done type player and he can't even contribute offensively... BJ Young is a great player but I'm sick of watching him jog back on defense and not hustle on both ends of the floor

pigzwillrise

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 12, 2013, 10:04:48 pm
I'm not sure if Powell is a crybaby but he sure shows a lot of laziness.. he only plays when he wants to.. and that is lazy... Kye Madden might not be a crybaby or lazy but he is cocky... he thinks he is a 1 and done type player and he can't even contribute offensively... BJ Young is a great player but I'm sick of watching him jog back on defense and not hustle on both ends of the floor
Hunter Mickelson is a great kid but he's 6'10 but yet he timidly lays the ball up at the rim instead of finishing strong with 2 hands... he'd rather shoot a fade or a hook then take contact and go hard at the bucket... This team just has a lot they need to change if they play to reach or exceed any expectations

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Smithian on January 12, 2013, 08:26:52 pm

Aaaaaaand Pelphrey is head coach of which team again?

sadhogfan

Quote from: Hooch on January 12, 2013, 09:27:13 pm
Dude your crap is so old.  I was actually with you on a lot of your views on the previous regime, but let it go. 

This. Smithian, you can do better.

MikePiazza

Now you just sound like the jilted fat girl who got her bf stolen, and just sits around and makes comments about how she would be skinny too if she, blah, blah, blah. 

Seriously its enough already, you are making JB as bad as the majority of idiots made it a couple years ago.

Looks the part as well...

Danny J

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 12, 2013, 10:04:48 pm
Post of the week ^^^^^^^

There is NO FREAKING EXCUSE for Powell to be dominant at home especially against Vandy and OU and to go away from BWA and commit lazy fouls. He is supposed to be the leader? I am very disappointed in him and will continue to be until he can go on the road and contribute.

BJ just doesn't really want to play D on every play. If he wants to make it in the NBA and be drafted first round he better change that philosophy in a hurry.

I am still upset with our performance in the aTm game.

TMc

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 12, 2013, 08:35:02 pm
This is the attitude that lack of competition brings on!  I really think the holdovers feel untouchable and entitled.  Right now, they are probably seen as necessary evils by Anderson. Sure Gulley can take the spot of the holdover guards but Anderson can't get around playing them all right now.  This is why I truly hope he has not stopped recruiting for the 2013 class!

I understand what you mean.., but one thing we forget about (and i had until yesterday ).., is Mike is still dealing with the APR repurcussions.., he can't run anyone off and will have to play these guys until they cycle out - before he can hopefully upgrade talent.  I think it's going to take another 2 years.

Danny J

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 12, 2013, 08:35:02 pm
I agree.....

He needs to have made clear after the aTm game and will likely get another shot after the Ole Miss game that if you don't want to give it 100% then ride the bench and look elsewhere. You have to put the fear of God into these guys. You have to toughen them up otherwise we continue to go on the road and get hammered. Go find some mentally tough men.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: TMc on January 12, 2013, 11:17:51 pm
I understand what you mean.., but one thing we forget about (and i had until yesterday ).., is Mike is still dealing with the APR repurcussions.., he can't run anyone off and will have to play these guys until they cycle out - before he can hopefully upgrade talent.  I think it's going to take another 2 years.

finally some one who gets it.

Swinesong1

Quote from: TMc on January 12, 2013, 11:17:51 pm
You don't take an APR hit if a player is in good academic standing when he leaves.  That's why KY and it's host of "one and dones" don't suffer.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 12, 2013, 11:36:34 pm
You don't take an APR hit if a player is in good academic standing when he leaves.  That's why KY and it's host of "one and dones" don't suffer.
I'm not sure on the apr issue so you may be right, but this guy has a point. you have to wait til these guys cycle out and it may be two more years. I'm cool with that. The last thing we need is to get hasty and shoot our program in the foot by firing MA before he has a chance to get all the pieces in fayetteville. Since he's been here for 1 year going on 2, i say he gets this year(year 2) and 3 more to prove himself.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on January 12, 2013, 11:47:30 pm
I'm not sure on the apr issue so you may be right, but this guy has a point. you have to wait til these guys cycle out and it may be two more years. I'm cool with that. The last thing we need is to get hasty and shoot our program in the foot by firing MA before he has a chance to get all the pieces in fayetteville. Since he's been here for 1 year going on 2, i say he gets this year(year 2) and 3 more to prove himself.
Maybe I was unclear in my previous posts.  I am in no way talking about Anderson leaving!  I was referring to one, a couple or even a few of the holdover players being shown the door if they don't want to get with Anderson's program.  Especially if hey feel they should be getting more minutes or starting based on seniority.

Fayettechill14

Gulley is a better on-ball defender and better rebounding guard. Stopping the ball in transition and getting rebounds are two of our biggest weaknesses. Hence the change.

As long as Wade is cold from the field, Gulley is the better option. Wade just isn't bringing much to the table right now. I'm confident he'll get it back.

For some insight into reasons for this change: Who was our leading rebounder in the '94 title game?

Breems

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 13, 2013, 12:22:34 am
As long as Wade is cold from the field, Gulley is the better option.

That about sums it up.

I think Wade approached this year all wrong.  It was prevalent at the beginning of the year when he looked like he was trying to diversify his game by putting the ball on the floor, which isn't his role.  He just doesn't look comfortable this year, whereas last year he caught the ball and knew what to do with it instantly (although hesitation and the one-legged pump fake still haunted him).
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 13, 2013, 12:22:34 am
Gulley is a better on-ball defender and better rebounding guard. Stopping the ball in transition and getting rebounds are two of our biggest weaknesses. Hence the change.

As long as Wade is cold from the field, Gulley is the better option. Wade just isn't bringing much to the table right now. I'm confident he'll get it back.

For some insight into reasons for this change: Who was our leading rebounder in the '94 title game?
Beck? LOL....I have the game DVR'd and watch it all the time but I honestly can't remember. I know Beck and Thurman both would mix it up. We could use another Beck.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on January 13, 2013, 12:28:46 am
Beck? LOL....I have the game DVR'd and watch it all the time but I honestly can't remember. I know Beck and Thurman both would mix it up. We could use another Beck.

It was Beck. The 5'11 guard had 10 boards. Guards have to rebound in this system, and Gulley>Wade right now.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 12, 2013, 11:58:04 pm
Maybe I was unclear in my previous posts.  I am in no way talking about Anderson leaving!  I was referring to one, a couple or even a few of the holdover players being shown the door if they don't want to get with Anderson's program.  Especially if hey feel they should be getting more minutes or starting based on seniority.
Ok, i'm sorry if my post made it sound like i was assuming you were in the camp that wants anderson gone, i was just branching out with that statement from what you said and what he said. not hating on you at all. good points from you all around.

TMc

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 12, 2013, 11:58:04 pm

I think you are right especially regarding talent level - we have had too many mid level talented players on the majority of our teams for way too long.  When you start asking people to find another place to play - well they have to be in good academic standing.., and that may compromise what you are trying to accomplish. 

Rooster Hogburn

If only they had the heart & hustle of Haydar.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: TMc on January 13, 2013, 09:05:56 am
I think you are right especially regarding talent level - we have had too many mid level talented players on the majority of our teams for way too long.
yep
Quote from: TMc on January 13, 2013, 09:05:56 amWhen you start asking people to find another place to play - well they have to be in good academic standing.., and that may compromise what you are trying to accomplish. 
if you meant to say that if they are in bad academic standing and they leave it may compromise what you are trying to accomplish then i agree also.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on January 13, 2013, 09:11:17 am
If only they had the heart & hustle of Haydar.
you mean the adderall prescription ;P

Hogfaniam

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 12, 2013, 10:08:28 pm
Hunter Mickelson is a great kid but he's 6'10 but yet he timidly lays the ball up at the rim instead of finishing strong with 2 hands... he'd rather shoot a fade or a hook then take contact and go hard at the bucket... This team just has a lot they need to change if they play to reach or exceed any expectations

Mick can't jump.

He's going to have to learn to (I know this will sound tavernish) "play with his ass". Use that butt to make space and make his man shorter.  He has to get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around.  A reliable 3pt shot wouldn't hurt either.  He has good form.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: sadhogfan on January 12, 2013, 10:28:19 pm
This. Smithian, you can do better.
mike just hasn't bought enough pizza yet. Give it time

MikePiazza

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 13, 2013, 12:12:25 pm
Mick can't jump.

He's going to have to learn to (I know this will sound tavernish) "play with his ass". Use that butt to make space and make his man shorter.  He has to get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around.  A reliable 3pt shot wouldn't hurt either.  He has good form.

You've been talking to Jimmy Dykes for too long it sounds like...

Smithian

I was trolled hard on this board. I'll have some fun now. You won't see me hoping for losses or jumping on here after wins saying they were flukes and that people shouldn't be excited or hopeful. Until I do that, I won't even be close to lunacy of those who trolled me.

And that particular post was true. No reason to get all nervous about tweets. I stand by my old opinion that the mods shouldn't allow the reposting of tweets on here. Just gets people flustered.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Smithian on January 13, 2013, 03:09:48 pm
I was trolled hard on this board. I'll have some fun now. You won't see me hoping for losses or jumping on here after wins saying they were flukes and that people shouldn't be excited or hopeful. Until I do that, I won't even be close to lunacy of those who trolled me.

And that particular post was true. No reason to get all nervous about tweets. I stand by my old opinion that the mods shouldn't allow the reposting of tweets on here. Just gets people flustered.
As someone who has followed your career(as a poster) i would tend to agree. You aren't a total sunshine pumper and your not a total d bag, but your definitely a pel hugger if i remember correctly.

Smithian

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on January 13, 2013, 03:43:23 pm
As someone who has followed your career(as a poster) i would tend to agree. You aren't a total sunshine pumper and your not a total d bag, but your definitely a pel hugger if i remember correctly.
I support most coaches until the end. Said I supported Pelphrey and thought we would make at least the NIT his last season and that a change should be made if no postseason was reached. We had a frustrating season, he was let go, and we upgraded at the head spot.

Pretty much sums up my opinion on him.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Smithian on January 13, 2013, 04:00:35 pm
I support most coaches until the end. Said I supported Pelphrey and thought we would make at least the NIT his last season and that a change should be made if no postseason was reached. We had a frustrating season, he was let go, and we upgraded at the head spot.

Pretty much sums up my opinion on him.
About the same as i felt about it. honestly though i was secretly hoping they'd replace him. Never liked havy a kentucky boy coaching the hogs. I'm semi-prejudiced against kentuckians, or atleast those who played for/support the wild cats