razorbackfan4life

Just threw it down against Memphis.

SGH2244

where is he these days?

SGH

razorbackfan4life

He's playin for Mike Anderson at UAB.

Illinihog

Big deal, dunk was impressive but Wen wasn't SEC Material another evidence of Nolan's recruiting towards the end.

razorbackfan4life

I wasnt trying to glorify him, I was just pointing out that he made a good play, and he was playin for UAB.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Wen Mukubu?  Anytime
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Zen_Hog

Ahhh, I remember him....

Pragmatic PiG

pretty entertaining game so far actually

36-35 tigers with 4 left in the half

there have been 8 lead changes

Go blazers

krazie.joe

March 02, 2006, 09:17:40 pm #8 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 09:19:23 pm by JoeyCrackTheHog
He wasn't really a good talent, but when I ever saw him play he played hard.

HOGLIGULA

good athlete, but not designed for heath ball, needs an up and down tempo to score and be effective
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

1836hog

Quote from: Illinihog on March 02, 2006, 08:56:49 pm
Big deal, dunk was impressive but Wen wasn't SEC Material another evidence of Nolan's recruiting towards the end.

Didn't Stan sign him?

Franchise_Hog

UAB leads 46-40 against Memphis at the half.

Still no inside game, but it sure is fun to watch the old style, plus they're winning.

3kgthog

Wen should've been on the football and track teams. He was a better football player than basketball player and high jumped something like 7 feet in high school.

#3 HogFan Kyle

Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 09:30:08 pm

Didn't Stan sign him?

He was one of Nolan's last recruits, along with Modica, and I believe Barry Jordan.

But he came in during Stan's first year.

Sonofahog

They have Brandon Tobias too.  He was a Hog recruit.  Gee,  how did these guys end up at UAB??
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

1836hog

Quote from: #3 HogFan Kyle on March 02, 2006, 09:47:14 pm
Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 09:30:08 pm

Didn't Stan sign him?

He was one of Nolan's last recruits, along with Modica, and I believe Barry Jordan.

But he came in during Stan's first year.

Oh, ok.  I was thinking he was one of Stan's first recruits that he went and signed real late in the year after he arrived on campus. 

hogsrule44

Where is Berry Jordan does anyone know?

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hogsrule44 on March 02, 2006, 10:10:13 pm
Where is Berry Jordan does anyone know?

was playing at ULL before allegations of paying players.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

1836hog

Kindoff wish he had stayed.  He's playing great right now.

1836hog

I love to see members of the Arkansas family do well. :razorback:  Congrats to Coach Anderson, TJ Cleveland, and everyone at UAB!  Now, we can't have anymore bubble teams pick up big wins this week.

Ugly Uncle

Huge win.  Memphis is overrated.  Good for Mike.
Retired Radio Host

Squealers

Huge 80-74 over number 3 ranked Memphis..............DANCE BOUND?????
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Crappykat

Now that was rushing the court!

stronguard

That particualr style of play will make someone's first round game quite a bit more interesting.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Snort and Squeal

Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

1836hog

love to see that!  "We'll be ok...We'll be ok"

BossHog13

Great win, Mike! I for one wish you were our coach! I seriously miss that 40 minutes of hell!

stronguard

Maybe we could get a little UA vs UAB in the first round, maybe a 7 vs 10 or something?
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

CiriusPorker

I just watched UAB upset Memphis...and the crowd chanted overrated...

tho, i think memphis IS overrated and never really deserved to be ranked 3...i HATE it when crowds chant this because it essentially says that "we really didn't knock off a top team"

worst crowd chant ever...i always refuse to say it when i'm at a game against a top-ranked team in ANY sport and we happen to win.

1836hog

pbjones81

CiriusPorker

i'm excited for them..they played an excellent game, and Mike A..really deserves this one.

Kilgor

Wow, that was fun to watch...!!!
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

1836hog

Just saw where coach Anderson has 20+ wins now for the 4th straight year.   Wouldn't that be nice.  And no, I'm not bashing Stan just saying it would be nice.

yraciv

Former Hog just got a highlight in the UAB vs. Memphis game.  He appears to be doing well down there with Mike Anderson.

1836hog

Should have watched the game.  He played great and they talked about his hog connections all night.

BossHog13

Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 10:56:14 pm
Just saw where coach Anderson has 20+ wins now for the 4th straight year.   Wouldn't that be nice.  And no, I'm not bashing Stan just saying it would be nice.

My thoughts exactly!!!

yraciv

Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 11:01:54 pm
Should have watched the game.  He played great and they talked about his hog connections all night.
yeah unfortunately I was watching Sonny Weems on an off night!

jwaldhog

Quote from: 1836hog on March 02, 2006, 10:56:14 pm

The grass always looks greener on the other side.  Think about all that would have had to have happened for Mike to get the head job.  We might have been better off, maybe not.  Who knows?

heathshogs

I hate that chant too, but as you said Memphis is overrated and even properly rated they knocked of probably a top 10 team.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

Ferguson and Kendrick Davis were Stan's last minute additions to the recruiting class. Replacing Tobias and Andre Igoudala.

As someone said above I don't think Wen would ever work in Heath's system. But he can play a quick 4 for Anderson.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

Lt.Dangle

Ferguson (as frustrating as he is at times) has been on heck of a pickup for that year.

Patch

I think this would be a Great chant if we were ranked #2 beating the #1 team though.

1836hog

Quote from: heathshogs on March 03, 2006, 12:08:20 am
Ferguson and Kendrick Davis were Stan's last minute additions to the recruiting class. Replacing Tobias and Andre Igoudala.

As someone said above I don't think Wen would ever work in Heath's system. But he can play a quick 4 for Anderson.

Where did Tobias end up?  Also, what year did Sullinger and Chris Jefferies leave?

heathshogs

A pick-up we certainly needed. He was force to start at PG as a freshman. Although he's sporadic and his role has varied throughout his 4 years. I've really enjoyed the intensity he's played with as his career is winding down at Arkansas. I said 2 weeks ago we should keep him on the court as much as possible right now.

heathshogs

Tobias switched his commitment to Mike Anderson at UAB. He's been a solid contributor.

Sullinger also left here after finding out Nolan would no longer be the coach.And instead of getting to play for the coach he always dreamed of, he went to the team he grew up followin  Ohio St. After sitting out a year for transferring he's Senior there now.

Chris Jefferies left after his freshman year 1998-99. Really thought he was going to be great here with Dean/Gipson /Cleveland/etc. But he basically got home sick and I believe ended up playing at Fresno St. 

PiggoBitttys

Yeah, Jefferies and Sullinger were two quality players that came and went. Iguodala would've been great too. BUT, guys like Mukubu, Tobias, Berry Jordan, even Sullivan, just are not SEC quality. There were still going to be some good players with Nolan, but way too many with not near enough talent.

Porky OLeary

We would have been better off, at least theoritically.
We wouldn't have gotten such a black eye for firing nolan if we'd hired mike.
We would have kept iggy and sullinger, hopefully still got brewer.
Would have kept 40 minutes of hell, and not lost our mojo for 3.5 years.

Adam Stokes

You also have to remember they are in the C-USA, so 20 wins should come fairly easy, nonetheless it was a great win and will help our recruiting.  Mike Anderson is doing a great job at a small name school.  Wasn't Nolan an assistant coach there for a while after he left Arkansas?  I remember seeing him on the bench once.

PintailKiller

Nolan was not an assistant there.  He does frequently attend UAB games and sits right behind the bench though.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."