Pages:
Actions
  • #901 by jbcarol on 07 Jan 2017
  • ...Shane Lechler

Down to perhaps a final desperate act, the record-setting punter for the Aggies pulled out the student newspaper.

"We had a management class together, and he positioned himself on a row he knew I sat on," the future Erin Lechler recalled this week with a laugh. "He got there early, and he opened up The Battalion to where it had this big spread on him, with a huge picture. The headline said, 'Rocket Man.' He was framing it up for me, so I could see what he was all about."

Shane's courting of his future wife required more than a catchy headline - the junior repeatedly had inquired about Erin's leg injury suffered in volleyball training camp, prompting the freshman to think the then-stranger might be a bit odd, but by February 1998, the two were an A&M athletics power couple.

"I was impressed," Erin said. "He was a very talented football player."

Nearly two decades later, Erin and the rest of the Lechler clan will be in the stands at NRG Stadium in Houston on Saturday to root on the Texans' standout punter play against the Oakland Raiders, Lechler's old team.

Shane graduated from East Bernard High School in 1995; Erin graduated from Mayde Creek two years later. The two married in 2001 and have two daughters, 11 and 8.

"Coming to Houston was perfect timing," Erin said of her husband signing with his hometown team in 2013. "It was awesome - life-changing. We had lived in Oakland only during the football season, and every six months we were boxing things up and moving again. It wore on us."

Shane was a fifth-round draft choice of the Raiders in 2000 after earning All-America honors at A&M. Erin still had a couple of years to go on the Aggies' volleyball team at that time, and by her senior season of fall 2001, she was known as Erin Lechler.

[She did not feel a bit awkward being the only libero with a husband.]

"Shane came back to A&M during his bye week in 2001 and had to borrow my car," Erin said. "It broke down and a cop came to help, heard his name and asked, 'Oh, are you related to that volleyball player?' "

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 18h18 hours ago

In late 1990s I remember @rcslocum telling us how Shane Lechler would literally punt ball out of lights in HS stadiums when recruiting him.
  • #902 by jbcarol on 11 Jan 2017
  • ...Cadillac Williams

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams will coach running backs at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

Williams spent the 2016 season coaching running backs at West Georgia, where former North Alabama standout and West Alabama coach Will Hall is the head coach.

Williams was Alabama's Mr. Football for the Etowah Blue Devils in 2000.

The fifth player picked in the 2005 draft, Williams spent seven seasons in the NFL, running for 4,038 yards and 21 touchdowns and catching 148 passes for 1,002 yards and four TDs.

The NFLPA Collegiate Bowl will be played at 3:15 p.m. CST Jan. 21 at StubHub Center in Carson.
  • #903 by jbcarol on 13 Jan 2017
  • ... Auburn Forward John Caylor

On Jan. 15, 1983, Sonny Smithís unranked Tigers, led by Person, Barkley and Darrell Lockhart, upset the sixth-ranked Wildcats 75-67 at Rupp Arena.

Five years later, on Jan. 9, 1988, Auburn did it again. Forward John Caylor buried a 3-point from the wing with 10 seconds to play and Rex Chapmanís long shot at the buzzer was off the mark and Auburn owned another upset of Kentucky at Rupp Arena. This one, a 53-52 win over No. 1 Kentucky.

Eighteen years later covering 15 more trips to Lexington have produced zero wins in Rupp Arena for the Tigers. Overall, Auburn is 2-26 at Rupp and 2-46 in Lexington against the Wildcats. Auburn plays at Kentucky on Saturday at 4 p.m. on ESPN.

Caylor, who lives in Auburn and is a season-ticket holder, who shared his experience from that 1988 game. Hereís how Caylor tells the story:

The first thing I remember is how loud the student band was because they sit right behind the bench. Every time they played the fight song it came right through you, right through your chest.

Itís a very hard place to win, a hard place for most teams to even be in a ball game in Lexington. At the time we were going through some difficult times with one of our best players, Mike Jones, getting kicked off the team (he was academically ineligible). Because of that, a lot of us were thrown into playing when we really werenít prepared to be playing.

The final play was set up for Chris Morris, our biggest star and top scorer. I was actually ó Sonny Smith tells it a different way ó but I know what he told me. He said to set the pick and get out of the way. ĎI donít care if you have to roll into the stands, get out of the way.í Of course, I was wide open because nobody was guarding me. Being in the right place at the right time. It was a great moment. But I was put in that position and most times I would not have been there.

Coach Smith always said that if you take a shot thatís out of the offense, youíre going to sit with him on the bench. The game is coached a lot different today. But Coach would have you sitting beside him in the blink of an eye. I was just trying to do what I was told and stay out of the way.

I was over there like a spectator in the stands thinking that somebody has to shoot it. They threw it to me ó itís not like I havenít hit a shot before ó and itís one of those things you donít even think about. Time is running out, youíre either the goat or the mule. I really didnít have a whole lot to lose.

I am surprised we havenít beaten them there since. Thatís not uncommon. A lot of people donít beat Kentucky in Lexington. I am surprised itís been this many years. Itís been 30 years since I was in college and that it (the shot) still echoes Ö Itís one of those things that never wants to die ó from the Auburn basketball Twitter page or someone calls and asks about the shot or they have a drawing on the radio. Iím proud of that. By no means did I do it by myself. I was a very small part of the scoring that day.

Sonny Smith keeps trying to tell me when we have lettermenís events and get-togethers that he drew up that play for me. I tell him Ďyou told me to go sit in the stands and eat some popcorn.í You can see him on the sidelines when they throw it to me and he was hollering Ďno, no, noí and when the shot went in he was hollering Ďyes, yes, yes.í Itís a big running joke with us these days.

Caylor is a sales manager at Alabama Crown Wine and Spirits
  • #904 by jbcarol on 14 Jan 2017
  • ...David Ross

Despite retiring as a player after the Cubsí historic World Series run, Ross will remain in Chicago as the teamís new special assistant to baseball operations.

Rossí duties will include major league operations, player development, pro scouting and work within the Cubsí front office, according to the team. He also will play a role in evaluating amateur players.

Ross played at Auburn in 1996 and 1997 before transferring to Florida, where he played the 1998 season. He made the College World Series with both teams and was selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 19th round of the 1998 draft.

He spent 15 years in the majors...
  • #905 by jbcarol on 14 Jan 2017
  • ... Jordan Jefferson

University of Houston is denying a Footballscoop.com report that former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson is joining the Houston Cougar staff as a graduate assistant.

Houston SID David Bassity said coach Major Applewhite adamantly denied that Jefferson has been brought on.

Jefferson played at LSU from 2008-11 and played in 42 games with 32 starts. He was 24-8 as a starter, the winningest quarterback in Les Miles' 12 seasons. He passed for 4,733 yards and 34 touchdowns in his career.

Jefferson pleaded guilty to simple battery charges in the 2011 Shady's bar fight involving several LSU players, and was also arrested a year later for simple possession of marijuana.
  • #906 by jbcarol on 15 Jan 2017
  • ... D Ford

Dee Ford was aiming for a music scholarship before he wound up playing football at Auburn. And while music figures in his post-football career, he's got his eye on Hollywood, too.

"The money is in these movies," Ford said. "I'm going to get in unbelievable shape. It's hard to stay in shape now because your body is so beat up from football. But when I'm done, I'm going to be like 4 percent body fat and get in shape for these movies."

Of more immediate concern for Ford and the Chiefs is getting after Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers visit the Chiefs at 7:20 p.m. CST Sunday in the final of the four games in the NFL's Divisional Playoffs round on NBC.
  • #907 by jbcarol on 18 Jan 2017
  • ...Rambo

Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 1m1 minute ago

How a former Georgia football star took a future Georgia hoops player under his wing
    https://t.co/xFod0pZuZo

Seminole County sits tucked in the southwest corner of Georgia, bordering two other states, and featuring the rural, hard-scrabble living for many of its residents. Forty-five percent of those 18 or under, according to the most recent U.S. census, live under the poverty line.

ďIn south Georgia, you grow up a different way,Ē said Bacarri Rambo, who grew up in Donalsonville, the tiny county seat. ďThereís really no silver spoons. Some people have good jobs, but you struggle. Some nights you go home and something happens and the light is turned off. Itís always a struggle in south Georgia.Ē

The way out, as it is in many similar areas around the country, is sports. But most of those that make it out of Seminole County, like Rambo, also retain a fierce loyalty to their hometown. They also tend to have an eye out for who could follow them out.

Jordan Harris was in middle school when Rambo, at that point in the midst of a prolific (and eventful) Georgia football career, first noticed him. Well, Rambo already knew Harris [pre-existing relationship clause], who grew up with Ramboís younger brother, Danny, as well as one of Ramboís nephews. In the towns of Donalsonville and Iron City, the respective hometowns of Rambo and Harris, everyone tended to know everybody, and athletes especially gravitated to each other.

But it was during a trip home that Rambo saw that little Jordan might be special. Their versions of how it started diverge:
  • #908 by jbcarol on 24 Jan 2017
  • ..."Good" Bo Wallace and his last chance, you

Former Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace is returning to East Mississippi Community College, only this time heís trading in his helmet for a whistle, will join the EMCC coaching staff as an offensive assistant. Wallace played for the school in 2011 after transferring from Arkansas State.

Last Chance U. Coach Buddy Stephens:

ďWhen Bo quit playing, his ambition was to join a coaching staff and I have seen a very big maturation with him over the last couple of years so we feel he is going to help us as he comes home in a way.

We are going to make sure he has an influential role in our offense and help him grow as a coach as he helps us grow.Ē
  • #909 by jbcarol on 25 Jan 2017
  • ...Kevin Turner

As the anniversary of Kevin Turner's death approaches, HBO's popular Real Sports program will profile the former Alabama star on Tuesday night.

The emotional segment tracks Turner from the beginning of his fight with ALS, straight through his death March 24, 2016. In it, further evidence of the relationship between his head injuries in football and the condition of his brain at death was presented.

Interviews with his parents, a close friend and teammate Craig Sanderson, Dabo Swinney and son Nolan Turner illustrate how devastating ALS can be on the human body.

"To me," Swinney says in the segment, "he was invincible."

The piece that airs at 9 p.m. CT Tuesday on HBO includes footage shot over the final six years of Turner's life.

The oldest son of Kevin was asked if he considered giving up the sport after his dad's death and the evidence football was a major factor.

"No. I mean, if anything it just makes me more cautious," Turner said in an interview conducted in Clemson's Memorial Stadium. "And, you know, you gotta, you know, treat that stuff seriously. It's just not a joke anymore."

Swinney offered Nolan Turner a scholarship just weeks before his father died.

That moment of celebration was juxtaposed with a tearful interview with Turner's parents, Myra and Raymond Turner. His mother recalled the moment her son asked her to turn off the machines.

Trailer available via link

Thu, Jan 26, 8:00AM ET Episode 85: Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel Ep 238
  • #910 by jbcarol on 27 Jan 2017
  • #911 by jbcarol on 03 Feb 2017
  • ...Eltora [sic] Sanchez Freeman

A former Auburn University football player is being accused of domestic violence.

According to documents filed in Tallapoosa County Circuit Court, a 20-year-old woman filed a protection order against 27-year-old Eltora Sanchez Freeman. The woman claims Freeman abused her multiple times. During an argument on Jan. 17, the female said Freeman "grabbed me by my neck and carried me out the house."

The woman also accused Freeman of harassment via text and phone calls. The protection order was filed in court on Jan.19.

Freeman turned himself in to Alexander City police when he was contacted about the charges on Jan.26.

Freeman claimed the allegations against him were untrue. He also showed reporters text messages and video showing the woman was constantly contacting him.

The same woman filed a separate protection order against Freeman in July, court documents show. In the order, the female said he hit her head, side and back with his fist. Since the woman did not show up to court, the case was dismissed in October. 

Freeman started playing for Auburn in 2008 and was part of the 2010 National Championship football team. He told the Outlook that the woman is trying to ruin his good name.

Auburn University Athletic Department website lists Freeman's name as "Eltoro".
  • #912 by jbcarol on 03 Feb 2017
  • ...Traveon Samuel

Louisville wide receiver Traveon Samuel, a Phenix City native, was cited last month for driving in excess of 100 mph on a Kentucky interstate, according to a report by the Louisville Curious-Journal.

Samuel, a rising junior, was not arrested, but faces charges of excessive speeding and reckless driving. According to police, he was driving a white 2006 Lexus with Alabama plates 115 mph alongside another vehicle traveling in excess of 100 mph on I-65 in Bullitt County [Derek Willis].

The citation alleges that Samuel was "passing on (the) right side, tailgating, failing to signal lane changes (and) crossing all three lanes at once."

Former A-Lister in the Class o' '15.
  • #913 by jbcarol on 04 Feb 2017
  • ...Benny Perrin

Decatur businessman and former NFL and Alabama football player Benny Perrin died today at Decatur Morgan Hospital.

He was 57.

Perrin played defensive back for legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant at Alabama. He was a quarterback and defensive back for the late coach Earl Webb at Decatur High

ďThis is a crushing loss for the community,Ē Decatur High Principal Johnny Berry said about Perrinís death. ďHe was a great supporter of Decatur High and the school district.Ē

Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn said he ruled the death suicide.

Perrin, who played in the NFL from 1982-85, was one of the 4,500-plus plaintiffs in the former players vs. NFL lawsuit concerning concussions.

He played football at Alabama from 1978-1981 and was a member of two national championship teams. He started at defensive back as a junior and senior.

He was drafted in the 1982 NFL draft by the Cardinals, who were then based in St. Louis. He was selected for the 1982 NFL all-rookie team. He was an alternate selection to the 1984 Pro Bowl.
  • #914 by jbcarol on 09 Feb 2017
  • ...Denzel Nkemdiche

Nkemdiche was set to go on ďHead to HeadĒ with Matt Wyatt and Richard Cross on Supertalk Mississippi on Thursday... When they threw it over to him, all that could be heard from the other end of the line was Nkemdicheís sleeping, deep breathing.

Nkemdiche disappeared from the spotlight after having a tumultuous end to his Ole Miss career, which included a mysterious hospital stay that kept him away from the team. Since then, he improved his act, got clean of drugs and began a career in music...
  • #915 by jbcarol on 11 Feb 2017
  • ...Collis Temple, Jr.

Press Maravich, Collis Temple Jr., Collis Temple Sr.

New Coach Dale Brown recalled seeing one of his players slide a note under Temple Jr.ís door when he was doing a bedroom check not long after landing the job. He was able to get the note without Temple seeing it and was disgusted by what he read.

ďI finished bed check and came home and read the note and it made me throw up,Ē Brown said. ďI donít remember the exact words, but it was like, ....í

ďSo I called the kid into the office. I told him, ĎYou know what I feel like doing, knocking your ass through that plate-glass window. But Iím not going to do it. Iím going to talk to you like a man.í He was scared of me. Thatís why he didnít do anything. But he was 100 percent racist.Ē

Despite the hostility, Temple Jr. averaged 15.0 points and 10.5 rebounds per game as a senior and earned All-SEC honors.

Despite his struggles, Temple Jr. has remained loyal to LSU. In 1979, he returned for his masterís degree in education. He has served on the board of directors of the LSU Alumni Association, Tiger Athletic Foundation, National L Club and LSU Junior Division Advisory Board. He was one of 15 LSU basketball players chosen by fans on the All-Century Team. In 2010, he was named to the LSU Alumni Associationís Hall of Distinction, which recognizes alumni who have distinguished themselves through their careers, personal and civic accomplishments, volunteer activities and loyalty to the school.

But despite these accolades and involvement, Temple Jr. still hasnít been selected for LSUís Athletic Hall of Fame, which recognizes former athletes who have made a lasting impact at the school. It crossed his mind when the Sacramento Kings honored him. [Two of Temple Jr.ís sons played basketball at LSU, including Kings guard Garrett Temple ó a member of LSUís all-black starting lineup in the 2006 Final Four.]
  • #916 by jbcarol on 12 Feb 2017
  • ...Quentin Moses

Quentin Moses, a first-team All-SEC defensive end on Georgiaís SEC championship team in 2005, passed away along with two others in a house fire on Sunday morning.

Moses, 33, was found unconscious at the scene of the house fire in Monroe, according to this report, then pronounced dead later at a hospital.  Andria Godard, 31, and her 10-year-old daughter Jasmine Godard were found dead inside the house. Monroe is about 20 miles from Athens, where Moses grew up.

Moses played at Georgia from 2003-06, and had a spectacular year in 2005. He racked up 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss, and was named first-team All-SEC by both the AP and SEC coaches. A year later as a senior he had 4.5 sacks and 12 tackles-for-loss.

Very saddened to learn of the tragic death this morning of Quentin Moses,Ē then UGA-assistant Kirby Smart said. ďThoughts and prayers go out to his family in this difficult time.Ē

Moses would be with the Dolphins until 2010, recording two more sacks in a reserve role.

Since then Moses had become a coach, serving as an assistant at Reinhardt University since 2011, according to the schoolís web site. Reinhardt is an NAIA school located in Waleska.

Mosesí bio on Reinhardtís page has a quote from Mark Richt, his head coach at Georgia: ďQuentin was one of the top 10 pass rushers in the history of Georgia football with a total of 25 sacks.  And he was also exactly what you are looking for in a student-athlete on and off the field.Ē

• #917 by jbcarol on 14 Feb 2017
  • ...Aldon Smith

San Francisco Police Department is conducting an investigation into a domestic violence complaint against Smith. A department spokeswoman said both Smith and the woman who filed the complaint are cooperating... Smith has not been arrested [n]or charged with a crime.

NFL suspended Smith for one year in November 2015 for violating the leagueís substance abuse policy, causing him to miss the end of the 2015 season and all of 2016. The suspension came after Smith was arrested on hit-and-run and DUI charges in August 2015. He also has two other DUI arrests on his record.

The alleged domestic violence incident comes one month before the NFL is scheduled to make a decision on whether Smith will be reinstated. Smith met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and other NFL officials Dec. 9 to discuss the possibility of reinstatement. However, the league deferred judgement on the matter until March.

San Francisco drafted Smith with the No. 7 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. He signed with the Raiders in 2015.
  • #918 by jbcarol on 20 Feb 2017
  • ...Justin Sawyer

Former Ole Miss football player Justin Sawyer died from an apparent heart attack Saturday.

Sawyer, 36, was the Rebelsí center for most of 2003, the senior season for both himself and quarterback Eli Manning. Sawyer made eight starts and appeared in 13 games that season.

A native of Centreville, Sawyer played at Centreville Academy before signing with Ole Miss in 1999.

He had been named head coach at West Lincoln High School earlier this month.

• #919 by jbcarol on 24 Feb 2017
  • ...Sanders Commings

Sanders Commings, a starter on Georgiaís back-to-back SEC East champion teams earlier this decade, is signing a minor league deal with the Atlanta Braves.

Fifth-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013, spent most of the next three years on injured reserve.

Even while starting on Georgiaís football team, routinely baseball hats and shirts [sic] to interviews..

From 2012

Commings pleaded guilty to simple battery and disorderly conduct, was sentenced to 12 months probation and fined $200 plus surcharges, Athens-Clarke County General Solicitor C.R. Chisholm confirmed.

Commings was also ordered to do 40 hours of community service, undergo anger management counseling and a substance abuse evaluation and will be subject to random drug and alcohol screenings. He was also ordered to have no contact with his victim. Commings was granted first-offender treatment so his probation will be waved once he satisfies the orders of the court.

• #920 by jbcarol on 27 Feb 2017
  • ...Matt Elam

Ravens safety Matt Elam was arrested in Miami early Sunday morning and is facing multiple drug charges.

Elam was arrested and taken to Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami at 3:45 a.m. Sunday morning. Heís being charged with possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance and reckless driving, per Zrebiec. His bail is set at $15,500.

Police found Elam with 126 grams of marijuana and 6 Oxycodone pills in his vehicle after being pulled over.

Elam will become an unrestricted free agent March 9.

Elam was suspended one game in 2015 for violating the NFLís substance abuse policy.
  • #921 by jbcarol on 27 Feb 2017
  • ...Willie Gault

Willie Gault had a saying at Tennessee: ďIf weíre even, Iím leaving.Ē

It was the world class sprinterís way of saying that no one on the football field could keep up with him, and thatís how his former coach and roommate remember things were when Gault graced the Volsí campus from 1979 through 1983.

ďNo one Iíve ever known could outrun Willie,Ē former Vols football coach Johnny Majors told SEC Country on Friday afternoon. ďPut Willie in a track uniform, or a football uniform, and you could see he had a great physique and made the most of it with that beautiful running style.

ďHe could have run with a gallon of water on his head, and it wouldnít have had a ripple while he was running, because he was that smooth.Ē

Gault, inducted into the Georgia State Hall of Fame on Saturday, remembers choosing the Vols over several top-level schools after starring at Griffin High.

Gault lives in Los Angeles, where he continues to run track at the Masters level, now having set or held 13 world records over the past 35 years after his illustrious NFL football career with the 1985 Super Bowl-winning Chicago Bears.

• #922 by jbcarol on 03 Mar 2017
  • ... Coach Todd Day

http://www.philanderathletics.com/coach/0/1.php
  • #923 by jbcarol on 06 Mar 2017
  • ...Mickey Marvin

Mickey Marvin passed away Monday morning after a long battle with ALS.

Marvin was 61. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the 112th overall pick in the fourth round of the 1977 NFL Draft and enjoyed an 11-year career with the Raiders from 1977-87. He played in 120 games, making 108 starts, and was a member of the Raiders' Super Bowl XV and Super Bowl XVIII champion teams. Marvin was the Raiders' starting right guard from 1978-86 and continued to work for the [Raiders organization].

Marvin was an offensive guard and a four-year letterman for the Vols from 1973-76. He earned Second Team UPI All-America honors in 1975 and garnered UPI First Team All-SEC honors from 1974-76. Marvin played on UT's 1974 Liberty Bowl champion team. He played in the East-West Shrine Game in 1977.

The Hendersonville, North Carolina, native enjoyed a stellar high school career at both Brevard High School and West Henderson High School.

Forest Lawn Funeral Home (Hendersonville, North Carolina) is handling the arrangements.

Blue Ridge Now Times-News: After a long battle with ALS, former Oakland Raider Mickey Marvin, a two-time Super Bowl champion, passed away Monday morning

"Henderson County has lost a great champion," WHKP's Richard Rhodes said. "Mickey Marvin was a friend to all. In a day where most pro athletes aren't who you want your kids to look up to, Mickey was. He was a true role model and a true friend.

"He was a great ambassador for Henderson County."

"I remember him when he played for Tennessee," Henderson County Manager Steve Wyatt said. "Tennessee always plucked the best talent from Western North Carolina. They heard about Mickey, who was this big kid with great talent, and they got him.

"People are always talking about the best sports rivalries, like Carolina-Duke basketball. In pro football, it was the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry for years," Wyatt said. "Me and Mickey talked about that rivalry a lot, and when he talked about it, I was hanging on his every word. His face would light up when he started talking about it. I've seen old photos of Mickey in the trenches, covered in mud and with blood on him, and he's grinning. He was in his element. He was a true warrior.

"Then you meet him off the field, and he's the nicest guy you could ever meet. I always thought Mickey was a better man than he was a football player," Wyatt said.

After his playing days Marvin came back to his home in Hendersonville and continued giving back to his community.

"He never forgot where he came from," Mud Creek Baptist Church Rev. Greg Mathis said. "He would always be at charity events, signing autographs or making appearances. He'd do everything he could to help the community."

"This has been devastating for our community today. I've seen grown men crying. Mickey will never be forgotten. He was taken too soon," Wyatt said.
  • #924 by jbcarol on 07 Mar 2017
  • ...The Oversigning Movement led by the Ohio State machine against the SEC

From two years ago when things started to change and it was time to hang it up:

Tony Gerdeman‏ @TonyGerdeman 4 Feb 2015

I see by years-old tweets of mine showing up in my mentions that Michigan fans have latched on to the notion that Ohio State is oversigning.

Today:

Ohio Stateís roster has had some attrition in the last few days, and Urban Meyer confirmed it at a press conference following the first day of spring practice on Tuesday.

Buckeyes WR James Clark, OL Tyler Gerald and WR Alex Stump are all no longer with the program. The most bizarre? Gerald, a rising redshirt sophomore, who just quit the team.

OL Kyle Trout is still practicing with the team this spring, then will get his degree and head to Cincinnati as a graduate transfer.

The numbers will work out for Meyer. They always do.
  • #925 by jbcarol on 10 Mar 2017
  • ...Aldon Smith

Smith was a passenger in a car that collided with a police vehicle. Smith was reportedly intoxicated and was detained on a public intoxication charge.

Smith was hoping to be reinstated by the NFL this month after serving a lengthy suspension for multiple legal issues and violations of the leagueís substance abuse policies.

• #926 by jbcarol on 16 Mar 2017
  • ...Chris Todd

• #927 by jbcarol on 16 Mar 2017
  • ...Kendell Jones

• #928 by jbcarol on 22 Mar 2017
  • ...Amari Cooper's mom

• #929 by Vantage 8 dude on 22 Mar 2017
  • ...Amari Cooper's mom

Picture obviously taken five minutes after he signed his LOI with 'bama. Nice.
Pages:
Actions