Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

Former UGA All-SEC Offensive Lineman Matt Stinchcomb parodies the old Gruden QB Camp with a State lineman.

Played for Gruden in NFL.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RazorCraft

Lsu calling for Les' head and start the Gruden train.
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

RazorCraft

This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

Lake City Hog

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Bubba's Bruisers

Houston coach should be the first call.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 04, 2016, 09:35:05 pm
This....

He's the guy I don't want to see in the SECW, or the SEC in general.  I was thinking TX if Strong fell on his face this season, but I'm thinking that doesn't happen.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Hawghiggs

Jon Gruden would be an awful as a headcoach anywhere. The man hasn't actually coached anyone one in a decade.

jgphillips3

Why does anyone even want him anymore?  I get that it was fashionable for a few years there but it's obvious he isn't going back to coach college ball.  If he was, he should wait for Saban to retire and campaign for that job and all the talent on the bench not the dumpster fire in Austin.

Pig in the Pokey

Well, I guess we'll see if there has ever been any truth to any of the talk. MNF has bottomed out ratings wise and Texas is a tier 1 gig. I almost want to see it because he'd fail miserably and before that time we'd get to watch tenner fans lose their minds again.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HoopS

I didn't want to say it but he wore an orange tie a while back.

CrookedSquealliry

When will we learn that we need to back up the brinks truck and hire this guy?  Stop the stadium expansion and give all of it to JG for a year.

ADavisTheGOAT

Remember when we almost got Chris Petersen? Good times.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

FelixJonesorDMAC?

At Hanks Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine furniture.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 29, 2016, 08:49:38 pm
Remember when we almost got Chris Petersen? Good times.

He'll be wearing a cardinal tie for the peach bowl. Look for it.

We got about all the HC Jeff Long has the talent to locate and hire.  We gonna keep this wonderful hire for as long as JL is AD. 

Long has much room left to build up BB.  So far we've been able to blame this on Bobby Petrino, John L. Smith, over zealous fans, a stadium that needs rebuild, poor recruiting area for football, rough schedule, etc..

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on December 29, 2016, 08:48:37 pm
When will we learn that we need to back up the brinks truck and hire this guy?  Stop the stadium expansion and give all of it to JG for a year.

Got $15.4 million laying around?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Beaverfever

Time to call it a night OP, you're drunk.

duckman

Who is this Gruden of which you speak?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 29, 2016, 09:10:07 pm
Got $15.4 million laying around?

The UofA pulls in over 30 million just from being in the SEC. Fans pay out a lot on donations, tickets, and television. When the fans start finding better things to do. What will the UofA think then?

Coach V. Slocombe

Gruden...lolololololololol...you guys on HV kill me...
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

NaturalStateReb

It had to be said.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 11m11 minutes ago

Fox Sports' Colin Cowherd: Tennessee should give Jon Gruden $10 million a year
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/fox-sports-colin-cowherd-tennessee-give-jon-gruden-10-million-year

Quote$10-million-a-year figure seems ridiculous.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏@Michael_Carvell 10 minutes ago

Josh Dobbs selected to participate in Gruden's QB Camp  https://t.co/GO55dabKJL 

Quote"Dobbs is a dual threat," Gruden said per an ESPN release. "He's from a no-huddle offense. He can really create plays with his legs. He played some of his best football when the team was behind and when the game was on the line. He brought the Volunteers back to win from double-digit deficits more than any guy in the country. He's a great kid, very intelligent, and I think he caught peoples' attention at the Senior Bowl."

Here's a look at the complete list of participants:

Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
    Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
    DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame)
    Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
    Nathan Peterman (Pittsburgh)
    Mitch Trubisky (North Carolina)
    Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

ALLVOL

It's going to be interesting to see how he does in the combine/pro days and how that affects his draft status.

Bacon_Bitz

I just heard for the first time the other day that he is an aerospace engineer major

ALLVOL

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 23, 2017, 07:57:16 pm
I just heard for the first time the other day that he is an aerospace engineer major

LOL they did wear that out A LOT!!!

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/846520606992580608

Quote"I think you have to spend some time with him, (and) I think you have to be around him to see what we're talking about," Gruden said in the story on the WATE-6 website.

"I said this last year, I'm not to say I haven't been wrong before, but Prescott had the it factor, there's just the wow it factor that certain people have," said Gruden, who won a Super Bowl as the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003. "Russell Wilson had it, Dak Prescott has it, this kid has it.

"Him just constantly saying, 'Hey, be a master of third down, a master of – he called it RCE — Recognition, Communication and Execution," Dobbs said. "It was almost like a glorified practice where we're in the film room for a couple of hours, you come out on the field, go over the plays and everything. So, it was a lot of fun."

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/890743405604737025

Quote"I've met with several people – I won't deny that," Gruden said. "People – just about every year I talk about coming back to coach. I'm not in here every day at 4:30 or 4 in the morning watching pinball. You know? I'm preparing myself to come back. I am. Every day. I'm preparing to come back."

Gruden added he's waiting for the right time and situation to make his return, hinting it could be awhile before he pulls the trigger on a decision.

Gruden, 53, looking forward to the day he's a head coach again –

NoNC4Tubs

I am thinking that Tinnersee will go after Gruden in December... 8)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Gruden is now one of the favorites to be hired by the Volunteers, joining former Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Purdue coach Jeff Brohm and Louisville's Bobby Petrino

QuoteTennessee Head Coach 2018
Tennessee Head Coach - Start of 2018 Season
12:00 PM    44501    Chip Kelly       +325    
44502    Jeff Brohm       +450    
44503    Bobby Petrino       +450    
44504    Mike Norvell       +750    
44505    PJ Fleck       +800    
44506    Bob Stoops       +900    
44507    Tee Martin       +900    
44508    Les Miles       +1000    
44509    Jim Bob Cooter       +1800    
44510    Dan Mullen       +1800    
44511    Brian Kelly       +2500    
44512    Peyton Manning       +10000    
44513    Lane Kiffin       +10000    
44514    Jon Gruden       +800    

Captain Hamerica

King Kong

If there is a college job he would take it's that one.

But I don't see it happening

Captain Hamerica

Oh, I don't see it happening either.  I just think it's funny that his name still comes up all the time.  The guy hasn't coached for almost 10 years, and has a cake job at ESPN.  Why would he leave?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Punisher501 on October 29, 2017, 08:24:56 am
Oh, I don't see it happening either.  I just think it's funny that his name still comes up all the time.  The guy hasn't coached for almost 10 years, and has a cake job at ESPN.  Why would he leave?

I find it funny his name comes up all the time too.

He may be a top 5 coach of all time......On the most overrated list.
He traded away and failed to properly draft a team into irrelevance.
Was ran out of town on a rail.
And yet is a "Hot" name on college list after list.
I wish I could be that mediocre and have everyone fooled.  My promotion and raise would be greatly appreciated.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Ironhawg

IMHO Gruden likes flirting, but he knows he is where he needs to be.  If he comes out of coaching retirement he will have to be successful to maintain his current status as an expert.  If he fails he loses status.  The reality of Chucky is that he hasn't coached college football in 26 years and was never a head coach in college.  At the NFL level, he was 95-81.  I would be very surprised to see Gruden come out of retirement to coach a college team.

Calling All Hogs

I would take Matt Campbell over Gruden many times over. There is a real chance Gruden would fail as a college head coach. 

Pigasaurus

I think at the beginning he could attract some stars but what he did with them, who knows.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

parallaxpig

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 29, 2017, 08:32:56 am
IMHO Gruden likes flirting, but he knows he is where he needs to be.  If he comes out of coaching retirement he will have to be successful to maintain his current status as an expert.  If he fails he loses status.  The reality of Chucky is that he hasn't coached college football in 26 years and was never a head coach in college.  At the NFL level, he was 95-81.  I would be very surprised to see Gruden come out of retirement to coach a college team.

If ESPN continues to shed salaries he'll probably come out of retirement to coach somewhere.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

jackflash

Ironhawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 29, 2017, 09:24:11 am
If ESPN continues to shed salaries he'll probably come out of retirement to coach somewhere.

That is a very good point!

Wildhog

Hope he goes somewhere.  Chip Kelly, too.  That would move us up in the Frost/Campbell sweepstakes.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The real Hogules

As reported by The Read Optional's Oliver Connolly, Tennessee officials have offered the Super Bowl-winning coach "over $10 million a year" to lead the Volunteers. Connolly also reports the Vols are eyeing TCU's Gary Patterson, Louisville's Bobby Petrino and Purdue's Jeff Brohm.

Of course, that $10 million-a-year figure is significant. Would it be enough to lure Gruden to Knoxville to lead the Vols, if Tennessee moves past coach Butch Jones soon?.

Also, those other names that Connolly reports are interesting, especially Petrino. Seeing the coach at Tennessee would be fascinating, given Petrino's abrupt end at Arkansas following the 2011 season. Tennessee is 3-5 after losing to Kentucky on Saturday.

I guess integrity doesn't mean much at UT. Apparently Tennessee approaches life in the SEC a little differently than Jeff Long does. UT wants to be more like Bama, than Vandy!

Link to the article - https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/coaching-rumors-tennessee-offered-jon-gruden-10-million-year-also-eyeing-bobby-petrino
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Wildhog

Every program that hires someone not named Frost or Campbell is doing us a favor.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977