Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCurdy will be B-Ball's version of Casey Dick

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, January 29, 2006, 02:24:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

If Heath will wake up and play a real PG who can actually QB the team, we might be able to salvage this season.  But he will wait until it's too late (probably already is), and just use it to to get enough wins to keep his job, like The Nutt did.

We will not make it to the dance with Jefferson as our PG.

Shame on you Heath for not sticking to what you said of playing McCurdy more.

:puke:
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogtheball

If McCurdy isn't capable of playing any better than Jefferson did today, he should lose his scholarship. There's no way he can't be an improvement.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

January 29, 2006, 02:47:55 pm #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:49:48 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: hogtheball on January 29, 2006, 02:44:54 pm
If McCurdy isn't capable of playing any better than Jefferson did today, he should lose his scholarship. There's no way he can't be an improvement.
Well, if you watch the few chances he gets, he is an improvement.  But Heath won't let us know for sure NOW, WILL HE???
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

hogtheball

Let Ferguson play point, and McCurdy the 2.  McCurdy point, Modica the 2.  McCurdy, and Ferguson.  Ferguson and Modica.  I just don't understand why in the world DJ plays.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

CiriusPorker

notshavintilnuttgo is my homeboy!  ...but McCurdy is a badA$$..i knew when he came in that he was gonna score...then you just get this sick feeling in your stomach that he should have been there all along.

hogtheball

Is Heath one of those coaches who always plays the seniors and doesn't give freshmen much PT?  Knight has always been that way.  That is the only explanation that keeps me from jumping up and screaming all the time. It doesn't make much sense if you're losing, but I can't figure out any other reason.

Quote from: hogtheball on January 29, 2006, 03:20:56 pm
Is Heath one of those coaches who always plays the seniors and doesn't give freshmen much PT?  Knight has always been that way.  That is the only explanation that keeps me from jumping up and screaming all the time. It doesn't make much sense if you're losing, but I can't figure out any other reason.

I am starting to wonder about this.  I know he is like Knight where he takes McCurdy out immediately if he makes 1 mistake, whereas DJ can make 6 to 7 and he looks the other way. 

I disagree with that style of coaching.  You have to let the guy get into a rhythm, especially as a freshmen.  And Heath should've been playing McCurdy more from the beginning to get him more and more experience.  Only an idiot could not see McCurdy's potential at being a true QB Point Guard, something we haven't had since Beck.  This also makes me wonder about Heath..

The Nutt is definitely like that, believes his Seniors deserve it.  Makes me want to  :puke:

hogtheball

I like the way coach K handles freshmen. He handed bobby hurley the ball during his first Duke practice and said "this is your team now."  Then he let Hurley learn on the job.   Ironically, McCurdy played for Hurley's dad in high school.  I sure hope it's a senior/freshman thing and not racial.

Quote from: hogtheball on January 29, 2006, 03:29:50 pm
I like the way coach K handles freshmen. He handed bobby hurley the ball during his first Duke practice and said "this is your team now."  Then he let Hurley learn on the job.   Ironically, McCurdy played for Hurley's dad in high school.  I sure hope it's a senior/freshman thing and not racial.

It's not racial.  Heath is not like that.  But he does seem worried about his job, and doesn't seem to want to take the time to develop McCurdy. 

He is playing not to lose.  We have seen what that does.  Like the Prevent D in football.  Only prevents wins.

Sean is a tough east-coast PG and never looks scared.  I also think he is faster with the ball than anyone on our team.  This is so G-Damn frustrating.

Quote from: Bogarto on January 29, 2006, 03:38:14 pm
You are all wrong. Dontell can rebound therefore he should play. It is irrelevant that he can't hit a wide open shot, chokes under pressure, has no heart and is the ultimate momentum starter for other teams.

Lol.  A little sarcasm there?

berryhog

IMO, the worst part about McCurdy's lack of PT is that we have basically wasted a year of eligibility.  If they were not planning on him contributing signifigant minutes he should have redshirted.  I know the season isn't over and maybe he will see more PT, but at this point of the season I would have to say he has been wasted.

SAUhogfan

I like McCurdy and think he should play more, but he's not that hot defensively.  Jefferson is a better defender. 

hogtheball

Sorry - I want Jefferson to be a great defender, but he's not. He's good on the ball and dismal when off the ball. McCurdy is actually fairly solid on D.   Certainly not a liability.  Did you guys see Sparks laugh after he got DJ his second offensive foul in a row.  Sparks had DJ so mad he couldn't even see straight. No what you expect from a senior.

SAUhogfan

McCurdy looked completely lost on defense today. 

Kevin

there is no sec level point guard on campus, period. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SAUhogfan

Also, please note that I said "better", in no fashion did I say "great"

mountainhog

we will never know how good s.m will be until he can play over a min. or two at a time.  besides your pt. guard shouldnt be rebounding anyway , he should be getting back on defense to help stop a potential fast break!  Play McCurdy!

Quote from: SAUhogfan on January 29, 2006, 03:49:41 pm

Whatever.  He wasn't even in there long enough.

Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2006, 03:49:57 pm
there is no sec level point guard on campus, period. 

Do we really know this?  I don't think we have seen enough of McCurdy to know.

hogtheball

He probably was lost - he was barely in the game long enough to know who he was guarding...then, after one play they switched to zone. he rotated into position two times down the court and got pulled. 

Kevin

heath must see it in practice or he would play him.  i think sm struggles in practice against jefferson, freguson, brewer.  he looks real non athletic, not good in the sec
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

SAUhogfan

Watch out Kevin!!

Don't say anything short of McCurdy is the second coming of Jordan, or you are about to hurt some feelings.

mountainhog

Quote from: SAUhogfan on January 29, 2006, 03:42:14 pm
I like McCurdy and think he should play more, but he's not that hot defensively.  Jefferson is a better defender. 
How can you say that McCurdy is not that hot defensively?  Have you seen him play a whole game? or even a half game?  I think he would surprise you after he gets in the flow of a game , cause i believe he for one is alot smarter than jefferson or ferguson. Given the time he will prove he can play both sides of the ball and alot better than the other two.

Kevin

jkstock04

That defense sure was stellar there in the second half.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2006, 03:54:47 pm
heath must see it in practice or he would play him.  i think sm struggles in practice against jefferson, freguson, brewer.  he looks real non athletic, not good in the sec

Good point.  But he is a great passer and great with the ball.  He always seems to know where everybody needs to go and how to get them there.  Delivers the ball to the big men down low, and I have seen him drive the lane and then dish the ball. 

If we would have done this consistently after we had the lead, we would have won the game.

SAUhogfan

I'm only saying that because of what I saw on the game today.  He looked floundering.  I like him and think he SHOULD play more, but I suggest that maybe he isn't playing as much as Jefferson because Jefferson is a better defender and all the sudden I've tried to blow the tires out on the McCurdy bandwagon. 

Kevin

i have not seen that kind of aggressiveness in him against decent competition.

hogtheball

Doesn't Look athletic?  Sparks is the most non-athletic point guard in the league and he humiliated our guards today. Sorry, you don't have to have a 40" vertical to play point guard in the NCAA. I'm not saying McCurdy is the next John Stockton or anything, just that he just might be a better option than DJ.   

mountainhog

Quote from: SAUhogfan on January 29, 2006, 04:00:19 pm
I'm only saying that because of what I saw on the game today.  He looked floundering.  I like him and think he SHOULD play more, but I suggest that maybe he isn't playing as much as Jefferson because Jefferson is a better defender and all the sudden I've tried to blow the tires out on the McCurdy bandwagon. 
I guess what im trying to say is ,, I dont think anyone can accurately say he looks floundering or bad defensively until he gets more P.T. Its impossible to draw an assumption based on  1 or 2 min. of playing time!

hogtheball

Let me lighten this one up with a joke and leave:

A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, jackasses, and pigs, the wife asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep," the husband replied, "in-laws."

Kevin

i not going to argue over the mccurdy point.  sparks is not a point, he plays off the ball

i stand by what i have posted several times on here is a friend of mine runs a national scouting service said when mccurdy signed with us said he was not good enough.  he is usually right and i believe him this time too.  a guy from new jersey who played for a coach whose sons went to duke and seton hall is not leaving the east if he can play.  remember a player named lowery we did not get him out of the east.

i guess i am going to argue after all.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2006, 04:20:04 pm
i not going to argue over the mccurdy point.  sparks is not a point, he plays off the ball

i stand by what i have posted several times on here is a friend of mine runs a national scouting service said when mccurdy signed with us said he was not good enough.  he is usually right and i believe him this time too.  a guy from new jersey who played for a coach whose sons went to duke and seton hall is not leaving the east if he can play.  remember a player named lowery we did not get him out of the east.

Saw Lowry with that sweet tip in yesterday to down the irish......

He was never gonna come here but at least he visited. That's a moral victory, recruiting style

mountainhog

I cant remember for sure , but wasnt he like top 25 pt.guard coming out of high school? maybe 50? I would think someone thought he could play major college ball or his scouting report wouldnt have been that high would it?

hogtheball

O.K. one more post.  He was recruited by Villanova, Maryland, and Memphis to name a few.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: hogtheball on January 29, 2006, 04:26:48 pm
O.K. one more post.  He was recruited by Villanova, Maryland, and Memphis to name a few.

and subsequently dropped

Backup plan

just sayin'

HairyHog

I didn't see very much Defense in the 2nd Half.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: HairyHog on January 29, 2006, 04:37:24 pm

I didn't see very much Defense in the 2nd Half.

No doubt

The Hogs gave up 55 points in the 2nd half

Can anybody get me a FG% broken down by halves?  I'd be forever thankful

1967 Grad

H-O-double g

I think Heath backed off McCurdy's playing time a little bit after he had two turnovers in a short span while bringing the ball up the court in the Alabama game............ever since that, he hasn't played more than a few minutes here in there. Still, with teams always playing zone defenses on Arkansas, there is no reason McCurdy shouldn't get at least 15-18 minutes a game.

JusPiggin

lets keep our fingers crossed  something good will happen

TDHog

"heath must see it in practice or he would play him.  i think sm struggles in practice against jefferson, freguson, brewer.  he looks real non athletic, not good in the sec"

Heath said himself in a newspaper article that "Sean has shown in games and in practice he deserves more PT"  Try Again.

Also Bobby Hurley was one of the least looking/best point guards in the nation.

hogtheball

Steve Nash looks like the kid in the original Bad News Bears.

January 29, 2006, 07:17:11 pm #44 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:19:31 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2006, 04:20:04 pm

I think that he is good enough to play at least 15-20 minutes at PG on this team right now.  Whether he is good enough in the SEC day in and day out, well, nobody can know that. Scouts are wrong all the time.  Someone was definitely wrong about Jefferson being able to play PG. 

The fact that he broke his foot and missed most of his Senior season contributed to him not being snatched up by the east coast schools.

Kevin

but the broke foot did not stop us from getting him

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: SAUhogfan on January 29, 2006, 03:49:41 pm

I'm sorry, but I only saw him play 2 minutes.  Therefore, I didn't get to see him play much defense at all.

excoach

Stan you might be able to recruit some good players, but you sure don't know how to use them to strengthen your program. Why sign a kid like McCurty and not sue him. You need a QB on the team who can shoot and create shots for the other 4.  Wake up!!!

Quote from: H-O-double g on January 29, 2006, 06:02:40 pm
I think Heath backed off McCurdy's playing time a little bit after he had two turnovers in a short span while bringing the ball up the court in the Alabama game............ever since that, he hasn't played more than a few minutes here in there. Still, with teams always playing zone defenses on Arkansas, there is no reason McCurdy shouldn't get at least 15-18 minutes a game.

Wish Heath would use the same standard on Jefferson.  You are right.  McCurdy needs at least that much PT.

McCurdy may not be as "atheltic", but he is mentally tougher.  And he can run the offense.

1.  Metal Toughness
2.  Pounding the ball inside by running the half-court offense

With just those 2 elements we would have FREAKING WON THE GAME

jrw11475

Hogtheball is your sign about a couple of queer cowboys?  What the hell.