Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State game thread

Started by hogfan13, January 07, 2006, 05:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfankb

we need one of townes/thomas/hunter in to run the high post. without that little jump shot we are having to settle for 3s

lunchbox72703

Razor6

well are we planning on scoring 44 points in the 2nd half.... i hope so...
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Tomhog™

Could our post players not just stand there while the guards pass around the perimeter?  If we can't beat a young MSU with their leading scorer out, we are screwed this conference season.  I am surprised we are playing so badly...

msudawgs64

Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 07:46:01 pm
note: MSU is still missing their leading scorer in this game

yeah but Gordon is still playing and he is only .09 points behind Edmonson.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

RazrHog4Life

HeathHateMe

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

hogfankb

Sonofahog

what a crappy half of basketball.  this has got to change
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

stevenglennn

I agree with Tomcat, I also thought we would play better
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

HeathHateMe

Here's what I don't get, Heath calls a TO, we score 4 or 5 to cut it to 4 then MSU reels off 6 straight to lead by 10 at the half what the hell?
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

taintlint

Hope the Heath huggers are happy. Same ole' BS. Wait til next season........

msudawgs64

I bet old Heath's comments about our schedule seem pretty hollow right about now..

Up by 10 at the half..

State 36-Hogs 26..
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Zen_Hog

hehe, i got the game. just looked haah

this uscks that were down so early

Sonofahog

i think i am going to change the channel and watch matt jones

Razor6

also... MSU is scoring and playing better than probablay anticipated... they are putting points on the board... and downing the 3s  and getting the rebounds

lunchbox72703

man...this is surprising....I hope heath can fire em up like he did at the rice game....

Razor6

need a huge furnace for that fire lunchbox

msudawgs64

well we are probably better than folks want to give us credit for or at least getting better as the season progresses.

taintlint

I called anyone who believed in all of this Heath BS a "FOOL" earlier in the year and I was told that I was the only "FOOL". Looks like I was right all along. Same players as 9 months ago. Why would they all of a sudden be able to beat a zone with the exact same players and coach in just 9 months. Face it. We suck.

stevenglennn

All I know is that it is hard to win when a team can't score
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

RazrHog4Life

at half:

Them--> FG:50.0%  3FG:55.6%  FT:42.9%   
Hogs--> FG:36.4%  3FG:12.5%  FT:50.0% 

HeathHateMe

Two teams playing each other one with supposedly better talent and experience, then on top of that take out 2 starters for lesser talented team.  Besides the players on the floor the other factor is coaching.  So why is the more talented team getting beat by 10?

Did Heath's comments contribute to maybe our players coming in and expecting MSU to just rollover.

pbjones81

Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 07:52:06 pm
also... MSU is scoring and playing better than probablay anticipated... they are putting points on the board... and downing the 3s and getting the rebounds

seems like all of our opponents have their "best game" against us.....our shooting is horrible.  come on hogs!!

ballhog™

disgusting half.  Poor transition defense, poor 3 point defense, poor rebounding, no half court offense.

We better figure something out for the second half.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 07:43:37 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:40:07 pm
Seems the reffing is heavily favoring MSU

8 fouls to 6 fouls don't sound that heavy..sounds like they are letting them play but then again I am only listening to it and relying on stats only.  Can't see what is going on.

It wasn't so much what was being called on Arkansas as what wasn't being called on MSU.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Fletch

I see Thomas is doing his usual disappearing act when conference starts.
I feel like $100

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on January 07, 2006, 07:53:45 pm
I called anyone who believed in all of this Heath BS a "FOOL" earlier in the year and I was told that I was the only "FOOL". Looks like I was right all along. Same players as 9 months ago. Why would they all of a sudden be able to beat a zone with the exact same players and coach in just 9 months. Face it. We suck.

stevenglennn

hey ballhog other than what you said, we are playing well don't ya think

FaulknerHogfan

Stan needs to light a fire under his teams A*s!!  Is it me or does this years team have all the talent to be successful, but not the drive?!? 

Come on Hogs and go get some Mississippi !

GrizzledHogFan

The game's not even over yet, and we're usually a much better team in the second half.  Chill out.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Sonofahog

The game was over when they announced the schedule,  and it wasn't a home game

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Razor6

stans press conference stated that... today would tell the story (or something along those lines)...

we've got 20 minutes left to see that story

msudawgs64

Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:55:09 pm
Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 07:43:37 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:40:07 pm
Seems the reffing is heavily favoring MSU

8 fouls to 6 fouls don't sound that heavy..sounds like they are letting them play but then again I am only listening to it and relying on stats only.  Can't see what is going on.

It wasn't so much what was being called on Arkansas as what wasn't being called on MSU.

ah ok, that is why I referenced the fact that I can only listen to it, without watching the game, I cannot see what is going.  Not unusual though, home teams in the SEC get that advantage, I hate it sure, I would rather them call the game correctly.

Razor6

gmb... you are right...

im hoping for the usual 40-50 point second half

taintlint

Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:56:48 pm

The game's not even over yet, and we're usually a much better team in the second half. Chill out.

The game is over.It's been 4 years of this same crap. Not sure if you have been watching that long.

ghog23

Why won't he play McCurdy, Jefferson and Ferguson can't bust a zone, we haven't had a good point guard since Corey Beck!
GHOG23

Razor6

lsu took on number 2 till the bitter end  today and lost by 1 at UConn

we host LSU on wednesday =\

hogfankb

Nice to see you back taint. Where did you run off to when we were winning?

Tomhog™

IF they can intensify their pressure and create transition buckets, we can still win.  Without transition baskets, we are dead in the water.  There has been very few times that we've gone on a run with just perimeter shooting.  In fact, I really can't think of any...

taintlint

Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 07:58:14 pm
gmb... you are right...

im hoping for the usual 40-50 point second half

It wont be. Heath is just a big of a used car salesman as Nutt. We have been so miserable witrh football that we drank the bball kool-aid and now they are exposed, once again, as the sub par team they are with sub par coaching.

arkhogdog61

the refs SUCK i just thought i would through that in!
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

stevenglennn

1 out of 8 for hogs from 3 point range......scary

hogfankb

Quote from: Tomcat on January 07, 2006, 07:59:46 pm
IF they can intensify their pressure and create transition buckets, we can still win. Without transition baskets, we are dead in the water. There has been very few times that we've gone on a run with just perimeter shooting. In fact, I really can't think of any...

We do need transition buckets but we can't get so out of position trying to get them that we give up threes.

Razor6

cream$$$

Heath may have lost this game with his starting line-up.  Miss. St. was ready to lose and then scored the first 6 against Townes which Hill would've kept out of the basket.  That gave Miss St. momentum which they never should have had.  Now we're down ten at the break.  You can't just give a team momentum when you're on the road and that's exactly what Heath did by not starting Hill.  Win or Lose, Heath made a stupid mistake.  Miss St. thinks they can win now, and we could have avoided that with better coaching.  And by the way, why in the Hell switch to zone after they just made two three's in a row?  Brilliant.  But, needless to say, GO HAWGS!

Pig Squeak

Hill has a bone bruise.  Brewer is going to have worse than that if the SEC officials keep letting people maul him without calling anything.  Is Shows our designated ref this year?  Seems like he and Clougherty have been in about half our games this year.
Our ineptness against the zone is beginning to look like the last 3 years.  Thank God for Modica.

taintlint

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 07:59:31 pm
Nice to see you back taint. Where did you run off to when we were winning?

I just got on. I dont know if I could have posted fast enough to say something while we were winning. We have been winning what like 20 seconds tonight? If you are talking about the season in general, should I get on and boast about wins against crappy non conference teams?