Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

I am leaning towards Baylor as well.  Big fan of Robert Griffen and Coach Brilles
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

scottagee

In games with close spreads this year be wary of TCU and Tex. A&M. Zebras matter.

SPAL

in reading some other sports investing boards, ive noticed most of the touts are on Baylor, except for root, who has a millionaire play with TCU. Most of "name" touts are going with Baylor at 3.5 or 4.

No matter what the touts are doing, im confident in Baylor tonight.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

They are a field goal away from covering the over with 11:42 to go in the second quarter.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 02, 2011, 08:14:45 pm
They are a field goal away from covering the over with 11:42 to go in the second quarter.

how is your record on totals?

Im just about average with them.

Honestly I do not play them often.  That's because I do not do very well with them.  Almost a toss up for me.  I will play very few on Saturday's.
Let's make some waves.

Hoggy1

If TCU can come through I'll be 5-1 so far.  Not too shabby, I got UGA +3, LSU + 3 1/2 and BYU -3 so far tomorrow
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Unreal. Briles went all Nutt like and got conservative. Worst special teams and defense ever.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

maybe so, but got the cover and ill take it whichever way they can give it.

IBGPN

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 02, 2011, 05:43:15 pm
in reading some other sports investing boards, ive noticed most of the touts are on Baylor, except for root, who has a millionaire play with TCU. Most of "name" touts are going with Baylor at 3.5 or 4.

No matter what the touts are doing, im confident in Baylor tonight.
which boards you read? tia.

BigSexyHog

Hopefully this good luck will carry over to tomorrow. 3-1 so far.  Good start.

Way to go Baylor!  5-0 plus the 3 team parlay last night makes it +11 units going into Saturday.
Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 02, 2011, 11:01:28 pm
Way to go Baylor!  5-0 plus the 3 team parlay last night makes it +11 units going into Saturday.

Nice way to start the year.

IBGPN

i did a chalkeater round robin x2 on thusdays games...just to get off to a good start. heh. i am up +1.16 units. i took ucla su at +120 for 1 unit so far for saturday. trying to figure out two more maybe three. nobody likes georgia or lsu su?

I like Oklahoma and Hawaii for sure tomorrow.  Also playing LSU and Georgia as well.  Will be more specific tomorrow.
Let's make some waves.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Simple Swineman on September 02, 2011, 10:54:41 am
I love Kent State +38.5 at Bama. Saban is a Kent State graduate. He also played and coached there. I doubt he will try and humiliate them so he may call off the dogs early. Bama will also likely be looking ahead to Penn State.

Didn't realize it until all my picks were in, but I'm liking the underdogs in week 1. My other picks:
Utah State +23 at Auburn
Rice +24.5 vs Texas
Tulsa +25.5 at Oklahoma
Western Michigan +14 at Michigan
Ball St +6 vs Indiana
USF +11 at Notre Dame
Northwestern +3 at BC
Hawaii -7 vs Colorado
Marshall +23 vs West Virginia

I also had Western Kentucky +17 against Kentucky last night.
I'll take the other side of every one of those games as my picks, except KY and Colorado.

Let's make some waves.

tiber

Minnesota +24 --- USC
UGA +3 --- Boise State
LSU +3.5 --- Oregon

3 team parlay - $40

Almost pulled the trigger on Colorado also... new coach, new conference, new life. 

I don't like Minnesota at all.  I do like the other two though.
Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

Think my biggest play of the day is Oregon....  I have a feeling they are going to put the Louisana Bow-Tie to the Tigers tonight.

This morning I played
Bama
And Boston college minus the points
Miami of Ohio plus the points.

Three team parlay
USC
Ou
Hawaii all minus the points.

Afternoon straight bets to come.
Let's make some waves.

It is beyond me why saban keeps playing sims at QB he is awful.  Hope he dies that against the hogs.  Not liking the look of my early action.

I have as follows
USC- for 1 unit
Ole piss + for 1 unit
Hawaii - for one unit

Georgia + for two units
LSU + for three units

OU - for 5 units.
Let's make some waves.

K must have lost my mind on this first weekend

Also took fl st - for one unit
And the Irish - for one unit.
Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

Took Mizzouri this morning.  Very surpirsed by the results.  OH well.

Got S. Florida and BYU this afternoon.

Well started the day at +11 units.

Yesterday the wins were 13 units

The losses were 6.5 units.  For a net gain of 6.5 units on the day.

Brings total to +17.5 units since game one Thursday.

Today I played

W VV - the points for one unit.

Over on the total in W VA & Marshall for one unit

A&m - the points for one unit.

Then tied all three together in a 3 team parlay for one unit.

Hope everyone had a profitable day yesterday.  Hope today is as well.
Let's make some waves.

Boardon Hamsay

After all the debate, I stayed conservative and finished 4-1: Boise straight up; Bama got the over by themselves, Wiscy called off the dogs enough to not cover, and the BYU/OM under came through. I missed the Michigan/Western Michigan over due to the game being called early for weather. Not too bad for week one. I will likely kick myself for not taking the over on aTm and SMU. I think that game should have plenty of points.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WILL CLINTON

Ok, I finished up 2-2. Lost 3* and a 1*, won a 2* and a 1* for a total profit of -$125 for the weekend. 

2011-2012 CFB
  Record 2-2-0     Profit - $-125     Bankroll $875

Heres to another week. Some really good weekends put up in this thread.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Simple Swineman on September 02, 2011, 10:54:41 am
I love Kent State +38.5 at Bama. Saban is a Kent State graduate. He also played and coached there. I doubt he will try and humiliate them so he may call off the dogs early. Bama will also likely be looking ahead to Penn State.

Didn't realize it until all my picks were in, but I'm liking the underdogs in week 1. My other picks:
Utah State +23 at Auburn
Rice +24.5 vs Texas
Tulsa +25.5 at Oklahoma
Western Michigan +14 at Michigan
Ball St +6 vs Indiana
USF +11 at Notre Dame
Northwestern +3 at BC
Hawaii -7 vs Colorado
Marshall +23 vs West Virginia

I also had Western Kentucky +17 against Kentucky last night.

Had a little luck on my side this weekend due to weather ending the Marshall/WVU and Michigan/WMichigan games early. Those weren't looking good for me but had no action since the games were called.

Finished 6-3, but missed with my big bet on Kent St.

Well I won 1 unit in the aggies.

My three team parlay reverted to a 1 unit win again on aggies. Sucks because it was looking like I was gonna hit both sides of w VA game.

So plus to units to plus 19.5 for the weekend.

Just won one unit on the over 10 runs yanks and o's. They covered that in the second inning. A + 20.5 so far. 

I made a small 38.00 bet on rangers to win 50.00 that's looking like a loss.

So all and all 2014.00 to the good assuming the ranger loss. 

I am leaning toward Miami tonight plus the points even with the suspended players.
Let's make some waves.

Finished single game bets at 13-4 luckily won the 5 and 3 unit play.

Three team parlays I was 1-1. Thanks a lot USC for blowing the second one.

As I said the third 3 reamer was no action because it was called due to weather.

Let's all win this game tonight and gear up for a great weekend.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 05, 2011, 01:38:21 pm
Finished single game bets at 13-4 luckily won the 5 and 3 unit play.

Three team parlays I was 1-1. Thanks a lot USC for blowing the second one.

As I said the third 3 reamer was no action because it was called due to weather.

Let's all win this game tonight and gear up for a great weekend.

What a weekend! I was 1-2, which has been my long-term betting history. Maybe I should just copy your picks :)
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 05, 2011, 01:47:06 pm
What a weekend! I was 1-2, which has been my long-term betting history. Maybe I should just copy your picks :)

Thanks for the compliment. I am flattered and you are welcome to use my picks anytime. Just keep in mind my week could have gone the other way very easily.  I generally do pretty well when I am betting my own money. I suck at the hogville pickem.

My betting style has changed.  With a wife and 1 year old I put money aside for gambling until the season started. If I lose that I am done for a while.  My point is in days past I would win much more money, but also ran the risk of losing more. Set up a bankroll and use a weighted system.  I use units based on 100.00. So a one unit bet is 100.00 a 2* is 200.00 and so forth. Bet units on each based on the strength of your belief in the cover.  You can get a bit freaky if you start out hot on Thur night, but I don't suggest it.  Pick and weigh out each play for the entire weekend before your first bet. Do not change course on that based on how you do.  Don't double up or bet a higher unit amount just because you are winning.

If you are averaging 1-2 you should either research more, or use someone else pick for a while until you truly have a feel for what you are doing. I do not mean that as a slight to you. Only to say if its not working change it.

Good luck to you.  For tonight do some research. How many starters returning for each team. What team has more players with real game experience. Decide if the Miami chaos is a negative or a rallying point. I believe the latter.  Better talent even with backups, and a come together moment.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 05, 2011, 02:05:08 pm

Thanks for the compliment. I am flattered and you are welcome to use my picks anytime. Just keep in mind my week could have gone the other way very easily.  I generally do pretty well when I am betting my own money. I suck at the hogville pickem.

My betting style has changed.  With a wife and 1 year old I put money aside for gambling until the season started. If I lose that I am done for a while.  My point is in days past I would win much more money, but also ran the risk of losing more. Set up a bankroll and use a weighted system.  I use units based on 100.00. So a one unit bet is 100.00 a 2* is 200.00 and so forth. Bet units on each based on the strength of your belief in the cover.  You can get a bit freaky if you start out hot on Thur night, but I don't suggest it.  Pick and weigh out each play for the entire weekend before your first bet. Do not change course on that based on how you do.  Don't double up or bet a higher unit amount just because you are winning.

If you are averaging 1-2 you should either research more, or use someone else pick for a while until you truly have a feel for what you are doing. I do not mean that as a slight to you. Only to say if its not working change it.

Good luck to you.  For tonight do some research. How many starters returning for each team. What team has more players with real game experience. Decide if the Miami chaos is a negative or a rallying point. I believe the latter.  Better talent even with backups, and a come together moment.

+1

Thanks Will.  I remember your stuff from last season and know you are not new to this.  Hope you have a great week.  It's official. Win or lose I am on the canes tonight+4 for 1 unit only.

Do not have a total available yet, but if I get one and play it I will let you guys know what I did fir what its worth.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

I don't know what I'm doing. I liked BU at +3.5 against TCU. I also liked Ucla +2.5 vs Hou.....1-1.

I loved A&M -15.5 vs SMU. But I was hesitant on UgA +3 vs BSU. So I teased the 2 -- made A&M more attractive at -9.5 and allowed me to feel better about taking UGA at +9....UGA got me, however.

I should probably stop making my own picks, since my career avg is only 39%. I have a lot of fun making my own picks, but I'm sure I'd enjoy winning even more.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

I never play teasers at all.  Simply don't like them.
Let's make some waves.

Okay I bumped my canes +4 pick to 2 units.

I then played the  over 45 for 1 unit.

Then did a two team parlay the same way for 1 unit.

This one could end up biting me in the butt.
Let's make some waves.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

The picks I am going with this week.

Iowa -7
TCU -2.5
GT -11
Texas -7

WILL CLINTON

Let's make some waves.

Wow Canes had appeared to really find a good groove until that goofball fumble return for a TD.  That makes the over almost a lock, but need the Canes to at least outscore them by 3 in the second half.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

i didnt play anything on saturday, which is odd. Truth be told, i didnt have access to a computer much of the day.

Did get in a play tonight, over 44.5 miami-maryland and if Miami can get a fg here, ill cash this one in. Had 250 on it.

I just need canes to keep Terps out of the damn endzone to have a huge night!

Miami deserves to win if for no other reason those awful unis Maryland is wearing.
Let's make some waves.

Son of s. How do you let that receiver get behind you like that. Crap Miami.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

so for the weekend i ended up...3-1.

I tend not to play as many games per day as some of you do.

wisconsin -34.5 L  ....-250
Baylor +3.5 W......+90
Detroit Tigers -1.5 W.......+70
Miami/Maryland Over 44.5....W 250

Profit of 160 for the weekend.

Starting Bankroll=1000
Week 1 Bankroll=1160

Unreal.  Only way we lose that game is giving up a defensive TD at the end and damn if it didn't happen.

Wow.  Oh well thats why they call it gambling.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: IBGPN on September 02, 2011, 10:58:08 pm
which boards you read? tia.

Therxforum.com mainly...lots of good info over there. They post most service plays, which i use only as a tool to better my own bets. I don't follow touts blindly, but i will use their opinion if i am torn on which way to go. I may have a board with 10 games on it and narrow it down to 5, then if i have a game which all  my info leaves me right in the middle, i may look for some of the better touts to go one way or the other. But the main reason i use it is for the info they bring.
I also check sbr forums, but mainly rx.

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 05, 2011, 10:12:09 pm
you still had a monster weekend. Good job.

Thanks man.  That last throw tonight made me lose 2 bills tonight rather than winning 5.5.   I am very happy with the weekend.  I am even happy with picking the canes plush the points tonight. The odds of the last play going the opposite direction are very long.
Let's make some waves.