Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Commish Nails It

Started by Razors85, March 21, 2024, 11:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Sankey and his cronies are as crooked as anybody in dc.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Snouty

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2024, 12:03:46 amSankey and his cronies are as crooked as anybody in dc.

As my Dad used to say, crooked as a barrel of snakes.

theFlyingHog

Don't ever forget that the number one priority is money.

Ex-Trumpet

But why are the small conferences more competitive?  Could it have anything to do with the fact those players are a team for more than 6 months?  Maybe they have better fundamentals?  They most certainly are not more athletic.

I think what we are witnessing is that buying players for a year's service is not a sustainable model. 

I would be in favor of all the mercenaries having buyouts, just like the pro's (which they are).  The new school should owe the old school.  Or in the case of the NBA, they should owe the school the balance of the scholarship...or perhaps the player needs to be responsible for it somehow (which could be covered by NBA, new school, etc.). 

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogsanity

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 22, 2024, 07:56:43 amBut why are the small conferences more competitive?  Could it have anything to do with the fact those players are a team for more than 6 months?  Maybe they have better fundamentals?  They most certainly are not more athletic.

I think what we are witnessing is that buying players for a year's service is not a sustainable model. 

I would be in favor of all the mercenaries having buyouts, just like the pro's (which they are).  The new school should owe the old school.  Or in the case of the NBA, they should owe the school the balance of the scholarship...or perhaps the player needs to be responsible for it somehow (which could be covered by NBA, new school, etc.). 

I think it's more a product of only having 12-15 players in a team. There are alot of good college basketball players, and the top teams can't take them all. Also in basketball it's much easier to ride a hot hand. The KY game last night perfect example. The player from Oakland was making everything he threw up. 10 there's made just by him. But there is a reason a team like Oakland doesn't ever win the tourney, over 6 games, better talent eventually wins out.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2024, 08:12:34 amI think it's more a product of only having 12-15 players in a team. There are alot of good college basketball players, and the top teams can't take them all. Also in basketball it's much easier to ride a hot hand. The KY game last night perfect example. The player from Oakland was making everything he threw up. 10 there's made just by him. But there is a reason a team like Oakland doesn't ever win the tourney, over 6 games, better talent eventually wins out.

That, and the refs protecting teams like they did Kansas.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2024, 09:16:10 amThat, and the refs protecting teams like they did Kansas.

Ks only shot 4 more ft's and that was with Samford fouling for the last 90 seconds. Ks had 21 fouls and samford 20, & again that was with Samford fouling late.

Yes, there was a call late where replay showed no foul but at game speed that gets called 999999 times out of 1000000 at college and below. NBA probably doesnt because they almost don't ever call body contact on a block.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WMHawgfan

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2024, 08:12:34 amI think it's more a product of only having 12-15 players in a team. There are alot of good college basketball players, and the top teams can't take them all. Also in basketball it's much easier to ride a hot hand. The KY game last night perfect example. The player from Oakland was making everything he threw up. 10 there's made just by him. But there is a reason a team like Oakland doesn't ever win the tourney, over 6 games, better talent eventually wins out.
true but that gap is definitely closing. There are reasons we are seeing teams like Loyola Chicago, FAU and SDSU making the final four more often.

hobhog

Need more $$$, ala more commercials!

riccoar

Calipari believes it was a team of 20+ year old guys playing his 18 year old kids.

I lean towards if you are going to get into a 3-point shooting war with another team, you better be able to shoot almost 50% from beyond the arc. Not 32%.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2024, 09:34:01 amKs only shot 4 more ft's and that was with Samford fouling for the last 90 seconds. Ks had 21 fouls and samford 20, & again that was with Samford fouling late.

Yes, there was a call late where replay showed no foul but at game speed that gets called 999999 times out of 1000000 at college and below. NBA probably doesnt because they almost don't ever call body contact on a block.

It's not always about foul counts and free throw totals. It's about when things are decided to be called and when they're not.

I understand you are very protective of your profession but there's enough evidence to at least make people question whether some of these guys are crooked, incompetent, or both. Either way, there is a problem.

niels_boar

The tourney should be expanded to accommodate every regular-season conference champ as an automatic qualifier.  In many instances, the mid-majors aren't sending their best, or even their second-best, team to the Dance.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

regi

Sankey is an idiot. Without the small school stories, the tourney would not have the popularity it has today. Meanwhile, schools from his over rated trash league, are 1-3 in the current tourney, have not had a final 4 team in 5 years. STFU.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

jbcarol

Greg Sankey@GregSankey

Wow
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net