Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A RECORD that will be broken this week

Started by want2be, October 14, 2009, 09:37:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

1) Florida is the only BCS team that has not allowed a play to gain over 30 yds so far this season.d

We will bust this one on the first possession. See you Saturday Ego Urban.......One other thing, if Urban lets Tebow run the ball,.......... it is open season for QB's.
Nothing dirty, just clean clock cleaning.

jmingram911

I agree.  First possession--40 yd pass to Greg Childs!!

mtnmusic

Quote from: want2be on October 14, 2009, 09:37:40 pm
1) Florida is the only BCS team that has not allowed a play to gain over 30 yds so far this season.d

We will bust this one on the first possession. See you Saturday Ego Urban.......One other thing, if Urban lets Tebow run the ball,.......... it is open season for QB's.
Nothing dirty, just clean clock cleaning.

Maybe not the first possession but I don't think their secondary has had to cover as many receiver routes as CBP can throw at them. The key will be whether the offensive line can give our QB enough time to pickup those 2nd and 3rd options and break one.

aar0n

Ill go out on a limb and say we break it on the first play from scrimmage just to prove a point.  Even if we play terribly the rest of the game, the team will have the motivation to at least accomplish this feat. 

AirForceHog

Has florida even played a pass heavy team?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

CoachHogT

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 14, 2009, 11:47:47 pm

who would ever thought this would discribe us

SigHog87

HogFansReunited

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the first play is either a a play action pass down the sidelines for 40-50 yards or a draw play.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hawgsav1

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 14, 2009, 11:47:47 pm

Not this season.  They did play Oklahoma, which was a balanced high octane offense last season.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jep_hog_fan

Porkys Revenge

Remember in '96 when Florida lit us up and Spurrier was dogging on us asking if we had ever seen a forward pass? I've waited a loooong time for this. Fyi, Florida has never had an undefeated season. Go hogs!

scorekeeper

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on October 15, 2009, 07:06:14 am
That's not a record, that's a stat.
True. Right now it is a stat but if they keep that up for the entire season it will be a record. Here's to breaking that stat this week so no records are formed.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

jeramyaupton

I think we are forgetting that they returned ALL 11 starters to their defensive squad. While we do have a dynamic passing offense, I don't think our personnel match up all that well with the FL defenders. I hope I'm wrong, but on the surface your prediction seems unlikely.

Houston h

I know this has been said about many of our opponents this year but seriously, Florida has played no one!  No one of our caliber anyway.  We may not win but I can guarantee we put some points on the board!  This offense is rolling now and it will be Florida, not Arkansas, that has to keep up.  If our D can give us some stops, not allow the BIG play, the O-Line can protect Mallett, we win!  Hands down..........

GatorInNC

The enthusiasm on this board is awesome. 
I think Florida's offense will be up to the challenge.  Like I mentioned in an earlier thread, coaches plan on opening up the playbook this week.  Should make for an interesting matchup with a defense that seemed to find itself last week against Auburn.
Our defense knows this is the best offense it's faced so far.  I think Charlie will be in their ears all week long.  Like I said before, should be a fun matchup.
We are the boys of old Florida...

deshahawg

I definately hope that we see one over 30 yards.

SigHog87

Quote from: GatorInNC on October 15, 2009, 11:08:13 am
The enthusiasm on this board is awesome. 
I think Florida's offense will be up to the challenge.  Like I mentioned in an earlier thread, coaches plan on opening up the playbook this week.  Should make for an interesting matchup with a defense that seemed to find itself last week against Auburn.
Our defense knows this is the best offense it's faced so far.  I think Charlie will be in their ears all week long.  Like I said before, should be a fun matchup.

That's something I haven't heard mentioned about this board in a loooooong time.

want2be

Quote from: jeramyaupton on October 15, 2009, 08:56:19 am
I think we are forgetting that they returned ALL 11 starters to their defensive squad. While we do have a dynamic passing offense, I don't think our personnel match up all that well with the FL defenders. I hope I'm wrong, but on the surface your prediction seems unlikely.

Not just the staring 11 but all 22 of the first and second string.....I can not remember that ever happening with any team.....The only exception
is they have one true freshman starting at cornerback......Petrino is expose just how good a freshman he is.

want2be

Quote from: deshahawg on October 15, 2009, 11:51:11 am
I definately hope that we see one over 30 yards.

M. Smith longest run this year is under 30, Wingo has broken one, so I don't think we will get it with a run, but...........

Look for Mallett to find Childs and or Wright for more than 30 yards on more than one occasion.