Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin is channeling HDN

Started by bigdaddyhawg, September 13, 2009, 02:14:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

In the second half of today's UT vs. UCLA game I started getting a feeling of deja vu.  Then somewhere in the middle of the 4th quarter it hit me -- Little Lane was running the Vol offense straight out of the Hootie Dale playbook!!

Wasting timeouts, running the ball way too predictably, throwing only when under desperate situations, little to no imagination on running plays or pass routes, depending on the defense WAY too much, playing NOT to lose, playing a QB who looked like he hadn't received the first day of coaching in college, and eventually finding a way to lose a close game to an inferior team they should have closed out in the first half.

If Little Lane wasn't channeling Hootie today, then Hootie has found an adoring disciple.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

pharm

Yes, I saw him texting Hootie for plays. He's in his Fab Five.

tbailey

HognotinMemphis

I see a couple of you were thinking what I was thinking. When I saw TN run a smoke draw in the 4th Q on 3rd and 7, I thought, "my God, he's the 2nd coming of Nutt." And the pass plays he called reminded me of Nutt as well. Throwing only to the flat, running 8 yard routes when TN needed 10 yds, etc. You had the feeling TN was playing to get a couple of FG's rather than a TD they needed.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.