Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Recruiting Rankings

Started by RiseAgainst, September 11, 2009, 08:58:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiseAgainst

September 11, 2009, 08:58:50 am Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:01:22 am by RiseAgainst
2. Alabama
22 commitments
4. LSU
22 commitments
5. Georgia
18 commitments
8. Florida
15 commitments
10. Tennessee
18 commitments
24. Auburn    
16 commitments
25. South Carolina
15 commitments
27. Vanderbilt
20 commitments
50. Mississippi
9 commitments
51. Mississippi State
10 commitments
57. Arkansas
10 commitments
70. Kentucky
6 commitments

cardinalandwhite

Hard to gauge much now.  Some classes are nearly full and others are just getting started (UofA for example).  Even an average star ranking won't work because so many players are unranked and the current class hasn't played their Sr. season yet.  Also, there will be decommits and flips between now and NSD.  I like where we are at present, as long as we close strong.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

RiseAgainst

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on September 11, 2009, 09:09:32 am
Hard to gauge much now.  Some classes are nearly full and others are just getting started (UofA for example).  Even an average star ranking won't work because so many players are unranked and the current class hasn't played their Sr. season yet.  Also, there will be decommits and flips between now and NSD.  I like where we are at present, as long as we close strong.

We're only above Kentucky in the SEC ranks. Son, I'm dissapoint.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: RiseAgainst on September 11, 2009, 06:20:04 pm

But we don't have many commits; they aren't all ranked; and this class, so far, is addressing our needs, especially along the defensive line.  We could have nothing but offensive skill players committed right now and be ranked higher, but I am encouraged that this class is being put together with a purpose.  That you have missed that is disappointing indeed.

hawgsav1

Petrino showed from last season that he is a closer.  We had to turn down Corey Gaines because we didn't have enough room for Aubrey Phillips, DD Jones, AND Corey Gaines.  We're not going to get as many hotshot commits as Alabama, Tennesee, Florida, and the like.  Petrino is hoping to land his out of state studs, and keep the in-state kids from leaving so he can fill up whatever space is left with in-state kids. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

farmhawg

Quote from: RiseAgainst on September 11, 2009, 06:20:04 pm
Some people are never happy or realistic with anything.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

regi

So far this recruiting season is off to a slooooooooooooow start and it is a bit disappointing. The positive is that it is early. I think they only sign 20-22 and they have time to land a good class. Dyer and Jones will bump this class up, the other 9-10 will tell the tale. Don't count on Orr, though I am sure he can be replaced.

I also wonder how losing an excellent recruiter like Ward is affecting this class?

linze82

we aren't gonna have a highly ranked class this year. it doesn't mean we won't have a good class, but i don't think we will have the numbers to be top 20
smite me bishes

cardinalandwhite

We will probably have guys from this class defect, and we'll pick up some higher end talent.  Part of this start, I have to believe, is that we don't have quite the carrot for recruits of early playing time thanks to last year's excellent class.  We need to win a couple big games and show some high school players that we are for real, instead of just the analysts' trendy upset pick.  Success will get a lot more players interested, especially with an elite talent returning (knock on wood) at QB.  We simply weren't set up for a fast start this year, not if we want to get elite talent, anyway.

cpohog

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it isn't sloooow, that maybe this year we are being more selective?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: cpohog on September 11, 2009, 09:59:23 pm
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it isn't sloooow, that maybe this year we are being more selective?

You're dead on.  But that isn't important.  This is an internet message board.  We can't accurately describe what is going on.  We need rants and misinformed demands for someone's head!

EDIT:  Oh yeah, +1

jackflash

To me its way to early to worry. I think we have a chance for to 5 star Dyer and Cobbs. Jones, goldeston LB for Oklahoma my have misspelled his name. haven't hear much about Texas yet. Taken a K also think we take a punter. We will have a good year.

Dalt21

Courtney Gaston is the LB from Oklahoma.