Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SWINE Flu hits 22 Ole Miss players

Started by SpenceHogg, September 09, 2009, 05:21:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

Wow!

Sounds like that stuff spreads fast and with ease.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

PoppaCapp

How long it take to get over the swine flu? I want them 100% when we play them.

jesterzzn

They don't know if its swine flu yet.  It takes 8-10 days to get results on a flu strain.  It may be swine flu, but I hate it when hysteria breaks out in the media.  Its just as likely that its another strain.

El Puerco

The swine are going to hit them again on 10/24

jesterzzn

Quote from: PoppaCapp on September 09, 2009, 05:24:56 pm
How long it take to get over the swine flu? I want them 100% when we play them.
3-4 days at most.  If you are still sick after that you probably got sepsis while you still had the flu.

HogFaninMemphis

Let's just hope it's not swine flu.  It doesn't matter if they're our rivals or not, we don't want them to die...
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Conway Hog

who really cares...who do they play this week...they have the weakest schedule in the USA so it's prob a patsy

Go Hawgs!!!!
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

tiber

We've been totally mistaken all these years in thinking Nutt wasn't an innovator. 

What other coach would have the foresight to build up an excuse base like this one?

CoachHogT

chiefsfan

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 09, 2009, 05:30:12 pm
Let's just hope it's not swine flu.  It doesn't matter if they're our rivals or not, we don't want them to die...

The regular flu is just as likely to kill them
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

El Puerco

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 09, 2009, 05:30:12 pm

It's no worse than plain ol' flu.  Risk of death is in the old, the young, and the immuno-compromised.

Killean

Quote from: El Puerco on September 09, 2009, 05:35:00 pm
It's no worse than plain ol' flu.  Risk of death is in the old, the young, and the immuno-compromised.

Slight variation with the swine flu... The overall death rate is a bit lower, the hospitalization rate is a bit higher, but the death rate is more clustered in the 12-50 year old category than regular flu.  Immuno response actually increases the death rates amongst the healthier segments and leads to more hospitalizations.

Instead of almost all the deaths being those over 65, they're clustered at about 50% being in the 12-50 year old range.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

SpenceHogg

Quote from: tiber on September 09, 2009, 05:32:00 pm
We've been totally mistaken all these years in thinking Nutt wasn't an innovator. 

What other coach would have the foresight to build up an excuse base like this one?

Exactly +1

hogmaniak10

Sounds like an instant excuse for Nutt.

PoppaCapp

Quote from: hogmaniak10 on September 09, 2009, 05:38:07 pm
Sounds like an instant excuse for Nutt.
they are off this week too so that won't be an excuse

Wildhog

Quote from: tiber on September 09, 2009, 05:32:00 pm

I may be blinded by hate, but I can see this as part of his managing expectations. 

And if there are 22 Ole Piss players with Swine Flu, the school would probably be shut down temporarily, because there would be a lot more cases on campus.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

El Puerco

I have the swine flu right now and I'm ready to play

SRFL

I'm sure HDN will rename it Rebel Flu.  Their fans will make t-shirts.

mj4president

"That swine flu....it just messes ya up"
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SPAL

in composition class, this is called foreshadowing.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2009, 05:43:41 pm
I may be blinded by hate, but I can see this as part of his managing expectations. 

And if there are 22 Ole Piss players with Swine Flu, the school would probably be shut down temporarily, because there would be a lot more cases on campus.
Maybe those 22 were at the FIJI house last week and...well...we all know what happens at FIJI parties.

El Puerco

Quote from: SRFL on September 09, 2009, 05:45:05 pm
I'm sure HDN will rename it Rebel Flu.  Their fans will make t-shirts.

His players had swine flu back when Matt Jones was QB.  They just called it the Radar Option flu.  Heck, they got recruits from Florida already calling asking how they can get in on it

ElDoradoHog

i have a niece that is 3, she was diagnosed with H1N1 (Swine) Flu just about an hour ago... my son (12), who is sick, will be tested tomorrow...
i hope this Swine flu isnt all its cracked up to be and the people that are close to me heal fast...

as for Ole Miss, i hope this isnt an excuse for getting beat OVER AND OVER again...

GO HOGS!!!
GO HOGS GO!!!

zorbacks06

The swine flu, coupled with the incurable infection known as The Nutt Syndrome, will cripple the Rebs chances of attaining anything better than their traditional poor to mediocre season.

I suspect Houston will declare that Danny invented the swine flu.

jesterzzn

When asked about the move Houston Nutt had this to say, "Well, we thought about putting Snead in the hospital, but Danny came up with the idea that we should put Dexter there instead."