Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino vs. Richt

Started by want2be, September 09, 2009, 04:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: want2be on September 11, 2009, 03:36:11 pm

Okie St had 171 yards running and 135 passing against Ga for 306 total yards.....Petrino is going to take what Ga. gives him, but he likes to set up the pass with the run. Our running game should have the potential to have the success of our passing game this year (but it all depends on what defenses key on)...........The running game was not proven against Mo. St. primarily because they stacked the box the entire game. Ga will not do that. I think our offense this year will get more yards against Ga than Ok State did.

Mike Smith has proved himself, Johnson is proven, and Wingo will have special packages to use his skills......And if they concentrate on stopping the run........Petrino will make them pay thru the air.

No, I absolutely hope you're right.  IF we can establish the run solidly, defenses this fall are going to be in a world of hurt.

I just have a little uncertainty about our O line in run blocking, and that's mainly based on game one, which you addressed and I agree about.  My concerns started in the spring game and continued with the fall scrimmages. 

I'm hopeful, but cautiously so.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PORKINATOR

Joe Cox = Casey Dick, ergo the Dawgs game plan last Satiday. They will be tested after USC East and will have a chip on it comin into Fayetteville. Hogs better prepare and stay focused this week off.

dr__dawggy

Do you want the Dawgs to visit Fayettville fresh off a win or a loss to the Gamecocks? Discuss.

camden5r

If we didn't have CBP I would love to have CMR as the head coach of the hogs.

:razorback:

want2be

Quote from: dr__dawggy on September 12, 2009, 10:52:30 am
Do you want the Dawgs to visit Fayettville fresh off a win or a loss to the Gamecocks? Discuss.

Heck NO! We want the Bulldogs to win a close one and show us more of their playbook. I really like Richt and he doesn't deserve the critism, but it is puzzling that both he and litttle Stevie known for their offensive prowless have been behind the curve. I think they both will show more today IF their QB's can perform. Something Stevie has been cursed with since taking the S. Carolina job.

Petrino will continue to get credit for his offensvie creativity and play calling for a time to come.....It is just going to take a couple of years of recruiting to get the defense up to SEC top tier par.